Lynx Q-Setter

Thread: Lynx Q-Setter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lynx Q-Setter

Hi all,

This is my first post, thanks ahead of time for any help. Much appreciated. Bare with me, I'm new to cnc.

Machine: '99 Lynx 200A w/ Mits M64 control

Question: When I lower my Q-setter, it does not automatically go to the offset page for touch-off. If I type MDI code, it says the q-setter arm is down and will not take the code. So I'm assuming the machine is getting signal that the arm is down.

Where do I start with this?

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lynx Q-Setter

The mits controlled L200A had two styles of Qsetter available (manual or hydraulic)
    Both style use:
    X1E for Swing Arm Down
    X1F for Swing arm up

You should confirm these inputs from your electrical manual and then check them via the machine's status.(note: two different wiring schematics for manual VS hydraulic)

No longer with Doosan Machine Tools America
    darrylhardt@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by M5Boost
    Hi Sir,

Thanks for your response to my question about the tool setter. I appreciate it. I realized the "TLM" pops up in the tool-data page and the touch off is working with the arm. I have another question though. The previous owner of this lathe never set the X+ Z+ sensor locations, and I'd like to double check the X- Z- locations too. What's the easiest way to do this? I've read the M64 operation manual and the Lynx manual but they can be a little hard to understand.

Thank you so much for your time,
    -Jesse

Adding this "Private Message" to this thread, as PM's won't let me attach documents.

See the attached tech-docs for the instructions of the Q-setter on a M64

darrylhardt@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Perfect, thank you so much!

Another question: (sorry!)

I talked to another tech today that said the machine coordinate system should line up a ID toolholder centerline dead on with X 0, which makes sense. If I line up a drill for example, it's about 0.150" off from centerline when the display is showing X 0. I'm assuming this is a problem and the machine needs to be realigned?

Thanks for any input.

Downloads
    Uploads

boring bar holders are offset, but drills are on center.

if out in X only = rehome (correct)

if out in any other axis, or combination of axes, then mechanical re-alignment is needed.

I am headed to IMTS for setup, and will not have access to our library until 9/8/14. Call Doosan Customer Service for tech-docs or write-ups, if needed before then.
    973-618-2500 (at automated choice press 0 and ask operator for the Service Department)

darrylhardt@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by M5Boost View Post

Another question: (sorry!)
    Never apologize for needing help. Everyone eventually will need help. I've required more than my share of needing help. I'm happy to pay it back.

darrylhardt@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

OK now I'm confused.

I put a drill in the boring bar holder and it's not on center at X 0. It's physically on center when the display is reading about X 0.3176"

I'm needing to use a boring bar extended about 5". So I'm using a 1" solid carbide boring bar to keep it rigid. With a boring bar extended 5", there's not enough Z travel to use the tool setter (can't pull the boring bar back enough to touch off the setter). My parameter #1102 is set to 1 to use the tool setter. So if I keep #1102 on 1, I need to use the "measured value input method". Correct? But my parameters #2015 tlml are set to the sensor tips of the tool setter. So do I need to change these to x0 z0? All the different ways to set the tool offsets has me pulling my hair out. I'm not getting it...

Thanks again for your time.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am at IMTS. Please call 973-618-2500
    Dial 0, then ask for service for the offset instructions and applications for the other concerns.