Problem Puma 200 Lathe turret issue

Thread: Puma 200 Lathe turret issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Puma 200 Lathe turret issue

Hello, I have used this site before but have never asked my own questions. So here goes, I am working on a 1997 Puma 200 Lathe 12 tool turret, the shaft broke, fixed shaft and replaced o - rings, now the turret keeps going around and it can't seem to find it's place and will not lock in place, every so often often it will but encoder doesn't light up, any suggestions?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Friend,

You are not giving us much information to work off of. What shaft broke? Did you remove the turret to make the repair? What control is on the machine (I am assuming Fanuc)? Is the turret servo driven, or is the positioning done by proximity switches? What light are you referring to, as encoders dont have lights? Is it a turret clamp light on the operator panel? I swear I am not being a smart ass, but we REALLY need more information to point you in the right direction.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Puma 200 Lathe turret issue

Offhand, sounds like a prox switch isn't picking up and a rotary encoder is out of line.

Downloads
    Uploads

This user has been in touch with me, Doosan Service, and it was found that the encoder was not sending a signal at all.
    The encoder was ordered and replaced.
    As I was out of the office at the time, User was advised to determine the position requirements by verifying the I/O reading we=hen the light on the encoder lit up.
    remaining instructions were to clamp into the required position, and align the light window to orient the encoder correctly.

She has not called back, so my assumption is that it worked. I will call her to verify by tomorrow.

No longer with Doosan Machine Tools America
    darrylhardt@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Darryl!