Program for offset turning

Thread: Program for offset turning

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Program for offset turning

Hi guys,it looks like I need your help.
    I work on Daewoo 400 series turning lathes with Fanuc 21i-TB control and last times we've got a lot of offset jobs to cut.Can anybody tell me if these turning lathes can cut offset diameters withou use of offset jaws?Just wondering if that kind of function is active or it needs to be activated somwhere in the parameters or some additional parts of hardware or software needs to be installed.
    I've checked instruction manual and found G codes for polygon turning but nothing about offset turning.
    Is there anybody who tried and can provide me with the program that would be great.
    There are only 3 axis XZ and C so it's just a matter to make them work together but I can't find any useful info on the internet.
    We just spending too much time to prepare offset jaws for each job and honestly using some manual methods like unequal spiders having cnc machines on the shop floor is a bit pathetic to not mention that it's simply waste of time.
    UPDATE
    I found offset programme that Y axis is used to cut offset diameter.So the question is if it's possible with XY and C axis only?
    Any help will be apprieciated.
    Cheers

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by melwelderer; 07-28-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Program for offset turning

Hello melweiderer,

Sorry I cannot help or am I actually sure I understand what your problem is. Although you posted in the correct machine specific part of this forum, this the Daewoo/Doosan page doesn’t get very much traffic. My one suggestion to you would be to copy and paste this question into the Fanuc page of CNCZONE then you will get the attention of some people that will amaze you. Good Luck..

Brent

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/

Last edited by yardbird1969; 07-29-2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Edit

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Program for offset turning

If your machine does not have a "Y" axis then it is impossible to cut on the "Y".
    If you're trying to TURN an offset part, the only way is with offset jaws. If you want to MILL and offset, you could use Polar Coordinate Function.