Pocket around a profile

Thread: Pocket around a profile

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pocket around a profile

Hi.

I'm new to Cut2D and just learning.

My test is a .5" thick workpiece. I'd like to cut (profile) a hole all the way through, and pocket (to .125" depth) a recess around the hole.

When I do this, it appears the pocket doesn't take into account the hole, so there is a whole lotta extra cutting of air.

Think of this example as recessing a speaker driver in a baffle, so the hole is cut, and a recess added for the flange of the driver.

I'm including two pics of what I'm see, I would have through the software would have "noticed" the through-hole and stopped pocketing.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW, it doesn't matter which order I perform the operations, pocket first profile 2nd or vice versa, I get the same result.