Cut2D

Thread: Cut2D

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cut2D

Before I purchase, I was just wondering what are some opinions of Cut2D??

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

The new Cut2d 1.5 is good a lot better than the old version but it does not compare to VCarve Pro 6.5 you can download the free trial of all Vetric software and see which suits your needs..

Lou

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/140832-cnc-software.html

Downloads
    Uploads

depends on what you wont to do try free trails first

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Free Trail

It seems to be nice, I have been thinking about buying it but the trail does not allow me to save a toolpath, not even once to actually cut something to make sure it works for me.

Downloads
    Uploads

There are samples that you can cut you can modify some objects with node editing to see how it will cut. You can create something and save it once you purchase cut 2d or v carve pro aspire you will be able to make your cut file

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default bought it

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    There are samples that you can cut you can modify some objects with node editing to see how it will cut. You can create something and save it once you purchase cut 2d or v carve pro aspire you will be able to make your cut file

I just purchased it this morning and we will give it a try, can this be installed in two computers? the design station and the production station connected to the cnc router?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes you are allowed to install on both computers I have it on 4 of mine the agreement says as long as you own the computer. I have a design computer in my house and one in my shop also it is on my laptop and my control computer.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been using SprutCAM for about 2 years. I was attempting to get the high school students on my FIRST robotics team up to speed on how to use it. Many little issues kept them from being productive with it. About 2 months ago, I bought Cut2D in hopes that it would be easier for them to learn.

They were able to start making parts after about 20 minutes of playing with the program. Of especially outstanding quality is the automatic tabs function. It has saved them hours of frustration in setting up parts. SprutCAM doesn't do a very good job with tabs. In Cut2D, it is just as easy as it could be and is worth the $149 in just saved aluminum parts that didn't get fixtured correctly in Sprut.

Only downside is it is missing some of the nice bits of a full featured program. You can't do tool changes in the same program. Yes, you can layout multiple tool paths, but you will have to save each tool's GCode into a seperate file. Not that big of a deal, but a rather odd restriction that is purely a 'buy the other version' trick. It also doesn't handle coolant options, so you have to turn your coolant on manually.

I would highly recommend this program if you need a fast/easy program for doing a lot of good things in 2.5D milling.

Downloads
    Uploads

What type cnc are you using? There may be an ATC post for it or if you can email Vectric they may be able to write one for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

No, Cut2D does not allow toolchanges. As he said, you need to move up to V-Carve Pro for ATC ability.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)