1. We power-up the machine (1999 Deckel Maho 103V machining center).
2. The control shows a flashing light at the tool change buttons (purple and yellow).
3. When we press the white button to turn on the drives, the tool changer arm swings over into place under the spindle. The prox. switch in the rear lights to show the arm is in place.
4. We can hear the air operated grips activate (the ones that grab the pull stud on a tool holder).
5. The Z axis seems about half way down on top of a tool (all tools are out of the machine now for safety).
6. The machine simply holds in this position and does not move. Air blasting, pull stud puller fingers disengaged, turret in place under the spindle, the spindle not going up or down but is half way in between the tool change.
We have tried pressing the hand button, bring up the tool change screen and press the yellow and purple buttons back and forth which normally will bring the machine back to 0 in the tool change mode on the screen. Now it is stuck on tool 5 (we cannot get it back to 0).
If anyone knows of someone in South Eastern Michigan that could service the machine, please forward their name.
Thank you in advance of any help, Chuck