Need Help! NVUM3-SP, WIN7 64BIT

Thread: NVUM3-SP, WIN7 64BIT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NVUM3-SP, WIN7 64BIT

I have spent most of the day working on this and it seems that the driver NVUM_F.dll is a 32bit DLL. I also could not get jog mode to work with the up, down, left, right at all. the display never moved. I would step through the G-Code and see it trail in the preview, but the X,Y,Z values never changed. I could not run either. I have no lights in the diagnostics (no connected my guess) I was in continuous jog. IT just would not work. Also when i selected the NVUM driver on startup, i never did see a message saying board was connected.

This is all after trying a another parallel board with a parallel cable that failed miserably.

You think you could just order stuff and it works. NOT have 90% of the stuff on the market be obsolete !

I see the smoothstepper is an option. I have windows 7 64 bit system and mach3 trying to drive the HSS86 Hybrid Servo Driver.

It cant be that hard, but now that i know people do not disclose when the product is obsolete, i need to do my homework !

Regards! Any help is appreciated

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NVUM3-SP, WIN7 64BIT

Hello,

Have you found any solution? I have the same problem with my NVUM USB 200 Khz Mach3 board. Jogging with keyboard does not work and using G-Code change coordinates does not help either. X, Y, Z values just stuck there. The PC seems to be recognizing the board without any problem. The plug-in is nvum_f.dll just like yours.

Any idea very appreciated

Best regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hansmueller View Post
    Hello,

Have you found any solution? I have the same problem with my NVUM USB 200 Khz Mach3 board. Jogging with keyboard does not work and using G-Code change coordinates does not help either. X, Y, Z values just stuck there. The PC seems to be recognizing the board without any problem. The plug-in is nvum_f.dll just like yours.

Any idea very appreciated

Best regards

I just got my board today the nvum3-sp, computer sees the board, but nothing works. Doesn't see Estop or anything. Spindle doesn't put out any voltage. Did you guys fix this or give up on it?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

Mach3 with many of Interface board, I'm use Windows 32 bit (XP, Win7 32 bit)

Never work with 64bit & also Mach3 is 32 bit software.

You guy can install in Windows 64bit and Borad driver , but I'm though will be as you found.

Change to Windows 32 bit and all will solve.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ssuebsak View Post
    Hi

Mach3 with many of Interface board, I'm use Windows 32 bit (XP, Win7 32 bit)

Never work with 64bit & also Mach3 is 32 bit software.

You guy can install in Windows 64bit and Borad driver , but I'm though will be as you found.

Change to Windows 32 bit and all will solve.
    I tried to run it on my laptop with xp, I hear the usb connecting but again no movement or even anything. Like mach3 doesn't even know its there. I was thinking does your port need to be set to a usb one and not the parallel port like 0x378?

Last edited by svin; 10-02-2018 at 02:03 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Mach3 or Mach4 will run perfectly fine on 64bit Windows on a number of external motion controllers including
    the Ethernet SmoothStepper by Warp9 TD or the UC300 by CNCDrive.

If you fiddle around with Chinese controllers then who knows....they sure don't and can't be bothered to help you.

Do yourself a favour and buy a US or European made external controller.....and be careful not to get a Chinese knock off of the
    real thing.

Craig

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    Mach3 or Mach4 will run perfectly fine on 64bit Windows on a number of external motion controllers including
    the Ethernet SmoothStepper by Warp9 TD or the UC300 by CNCDrive.

If you fiddle around with Chinese controllers then who knows....they sure don't and can't be bothered to help you.

Do yourself a favour and buy a US or European made external controller.....and be careful not to get a Chinese knock off of the
    real thing.

Craig
    I do have a pmdx-126 board with an ess, but for my mini lathe im building for just a fun, I'm not going to spend that kind of money on it. So I was just hoping that other people have figured out this problem.

Last edited by svin; 10-03-2018 at 10:29 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by svin View Post
    I do have a pmdx-126 board with an ess, but for my mini lathe im building for just a fun, I'm not going to spend that kind of money on it. So I was just hoping that other people have figured out this problem.
    You always get what you pay for.
    You pay less for a chinese card and you get a buggy one and no support. If you have problems then you are screwed.
    You pay for a US/EU made one then you get a working one with support.

Yes, the US/EU one usually costs 2-3 times the chinese but it still worth it, because it works.