Need Help! Differences between NVem V2 and NVem V5 controller?

Thread: Differences between NVem V2 and NVem V5 controller?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Differences between NVem V2 and NVem V5 controller?

Friends, I'm thinking of replacing my current USB controller with an Ethernet one, and I came across these two models, NVem V2 and NVem V5.
    What is the difference between them? I noticed that the main usage specifications, such as input and output ports, and speeds (200kHz), are the same.

Could you help me?

Thanks Carlos.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Differences between NVem V2 and NVem V5 controller?

Hi,
    Novosun, the manufacturer of those boards has been permanently banned from the Mach3 forum for peddling pirate copies of Mach3, I would
    not recommend either of them.

Craig

Activation process
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello. I have NVEM v5. The main difference is the change in the layout for the inputs. These have changed from the original PNP setting to the new NPN. I don't know if it's better :-/ I have to order new sensors. They also reversed the polarity of the power supply on the inputs...watch out for that. Otherwise, I don't see any major differences
    The main problem with the board is the use of a soft driver.
    The driver included on the CD does not work correctly, but after a long search and testing I found a driver for the EC500 on the "digital dream" website and it works.

Software&firmware_DDCNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

NVEM V5 not V2
    First of all, No DHCPThen wrong IP 192.168.31.XX=10-99 or 192.168.1.XX=10-99 /192.168.4.XX=10-99 etc.
    It's the IP192.168.4.X=0-9 You should suck it up but it continues.
    The file NVEM.dll doesn't workCopy the file DIGITALDREAM_20230225.dll
    TO X:\Mach3\PlugInsX is the disk where MACHE3 is installed.For example C:\Mach3\PlugIns
    All input connections have been converted to NPN. The V2 version is PNP. Please note that this has changedthe input connection ± and the setting connection ±+12V-->GND GND-->+12VThe fun continues.
    Anyone who thinks that you can connect 12V to VIN 12-32V will be crazyat the inputs because they simply don't want to because
    12V input does not provide 12V at the output(just measure at the 12V output)
    and with undervoltage the optocouplers of the inputs simply don't work properly.
    Who hasn't fallen into madness yet?? As far as I can then carry on.And if you want to stay connected to your LAN network, you can find instructions for two IP addresses under MultihomingI hope that I can save others a lot of trouble when setting it upBest regards, Horst