Need Help! Help with Novusun NVEM control card - Page 5

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

Hi All,
    I too made the mistake of buying one of these boards and seeing similar issues. My driver is from 11/8/2016 so ask someone to please send the latest version. Not sure why its so difficult to find driver download links. Next time will stick to CSMIO controller I used on my other machine - more expensive but you get what you pay for :-)
    Thanks Milky and Rod for sharing !

vw_man99@yahoo.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All,
    Recently got the NVEM 6 axis controller and having issues tuning motors to reasonably smooth speeds without missing steps. Have tried two different motors (Vexta, Superior) with TB6600 based drivers but similar results. Have another set of drivers but they are common-cathode which does not match NVEM common-anode setup so need to add some inverter circuits. Have the dll from 11/09/2016, can someone please send latest NVEM driver?
    Thanks.

vw_man99@yahoo.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

miky4u2: I am a little confused, I thought these were built by Novosun. Their website is http://www.nvcnc.net You can download their driver directly from their website. Note that there are 2 drivers and they don't tell you the difference between them. I just ordered one of the NVUM controllers and hope I did not make a mistake. I have found others with working systems.
    Cheers. tholling55

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

miky4u2: Sorry for the last note; I just now read your web site. I do need the latest driver, but for the NVUM USB board. The Chinese vendors are giving me a headache. No idea who created what or where to get the latest. Their designs seem to be copied and cloned constantly.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello guys have anyone the NVUM SKV1 up and running? Im trying to get this card up and running with mach3 but i can´t fund the NVUM_SK.dll mentioned in the description.
    Can anyone help?
    Thank you!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys. I just ordered an NVUM3-SP control card to try and update my router and mill. Looks like I should have researched more thoroughly. Do you recommend I persevere or have the issues been sorted?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy19650 View Post
    Hi guys. I just ordered an NVUM3-SP control card to try and update my router and mill. Looks like I should have researched more thoroughly. Do you recommend I persevere or have the issues been sorted?
    Jimmy: Don't be too upset over it. I have the standard NVUM and it does work pretty well it just has some issues. I gave up on the hassles that went with a parallel interface and I don't regret it. I have my mill working with one exception. The manual is atrocious, but read it thoroughly anyway. First: It does nothing without a driver installed. I hope you have found this location: NVUM-sp-cnc controller That link has the driver I am using. I have found several drivers but only one that worked for almost everything. It is stable I do not see any weird issues, but I can not get the hard wired MPG pendant to work. All signals are working 100% but only half of the signals in Mach3 are active for it. You did not say what software you are using, but Mach3 has a great installation guide. Feel free to ask whatever questions you want, I am sure someone here will try to answer. Good luck.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tholling55 View Post
    Jimmy: Don't be too upset over it. I have the standard NVUM and it does work pretty well it just has some issues. I gave up on the hassles that went with a parallel interface and I don't regret it. I have my mill working with one exception. The manual is atrocious, but read it thoroughly anyway. First: It does nothing without a driver installed. I hope you have found this location: NVUM-sp-cnc controller That link has the driver I am using. I have found several drivers but only one that worked for almost everything. It is stable I do not see any weird issues, but I can not get the hard wired MPG pendant to work. All signals are working 100% but only half of the signals in Mach3 are active for it. You did not say what software you are using, but Mach3 has a great installation guide. Feel free to ask whatever questions you want, I am sure someone here will try to answer. Good luck.
    Thanks for the advice tholling55. I have been using mach3 for about 10 years on a range of diy machines. Also sick of trying to source parallel interfaces that are reliable, hence the purchase of the NVUM3-SP. I figured I would try it out before upgrading to a 4 or more axis card.

The current issue is a TAIG mill that I have spent a few days trying to sort out an old desktop with parallel port issues. Thought I would upgrade once and for all.

I am sure I will be after more advice in the future. Thanks again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,

Can anyone help me posting a XML file with a working configuration with NVEM, just to make a X axis move with nothing else (no emergency switch, no prob, no mpg...).
    I followed NVEM documentation but nothing move on my side. I do not understand what I am making wrong.
    I use Mach3 + NVEM + DM542 ( stepper Driver) +NEMA23(Motor 425oz, 4.2A, 2 phases, 200 steps). I double-checked the cabling and switches on my DM542 (1=OFF/2=OFF/3=OFF/4=ON/5=OFF/6=ON/7=ON/8=ON) everything is fine.
    NVEM is connected to my computer, but I think there is something with the pin allocation...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello to everyone!

Could you please share the partially fixed NVEM driver with me?
    Is anybody maintaining the contact with developer? I really hope that they will clean-up this driver and will adapt it for Mach4 as well)
    BTW the MPG EStop input of my NVEM doesn't work, have anybody same issue?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Yury_D View Post
    Hello to everyone!

BTW the MPG EStop input of my NVEM doesn't work, have anybody same issue?
    I have the USB version the NVUM. I just installed the MPG and got it working with two issues. The ESTOP on my MPG was wired to the NC contact on the switch in the MPG. I moved it to the NO contact and it now works perfectly along with the external ESTOP that I have wired directly to the NVUM. So I have two working ESTOP buttons. The second issue I had is that the manual clearly says that the Encoder input is designed for differential input or single ended input. It says to just leave the negative side open. That did not work on mine. I had to jumper the negative side to ground for it to work. That would be WHA- and WHB-. MPG now works, with one exception: the rate does not update on the screen, even though it does work properly. I tried multiple versions of the driver and only found one that worked with the MPG. That was version F, the later K version did not work. I would also like a newer driver that works with the MPG, but have found nothing newer that worked at all.

Does your assembly have U4, an 8 pin optoisolator installed? Mine is missing that part and I have no idea why and no idea what the part number should be.
    Good luck. Tommy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

NVEM has two EStop inputs, one of them is dedicated for MPG and it doesn't work in my case, the second one works perfectly and can be configured in Mach3 for NC or NO switch (NC is preferable because it allows to detect cable break/poor contact)
    I have a photo of my NVEM board but I can't publish it here - there is no send/upload button on the image insert dialog :\

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the new version of the NVEM. They sell this as NVEM V2, same problem for the soft limits not working! Has anyone fixed this thing?
    Homing slave axis with master: Working

someone try successful run on nvem modified gcode with autoleveling or g-code ripper (bipolar interpolation)? in mine case mach3 just stops working

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just received my NVUM3-SP board. Is there a separate Mach3 plugin for the USB version as opposed to the Ethernet version, or are they one in the same?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have bought the controller and it's the worst controller ever.....
    1- machine stops erratically,
    2- the code jumps around while running in single block mode
    3- sometimes loses communications with the computer
    4- Soft Limits doesn't work
    5- Limits Override Doesn't Work
    6-Home and Limit Switches can't be shared
    7- mach3 hang when the communication is lost and does not reconnect when restarting the controller which forces you to close mach3 and reopen with totally new coordinates

any fixes with the new plugin v3.0b ...????
    and does it work with the NVEM Controller version 1

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Xieo View Post
    I have bought the controller and it's the worst controller ever.....
    1- machine stops erratically,
    2- the code jumps around while running in single block mode
    3- sometimes loses communications with the computer
    4- Soft Limits doesn't work
    5- Limits Override Doesn't Work
    6-Home and Limit Switches can't be shared
    7- mach3 hang when the communication is lost and does not reconnect when restarting the controller which forces you to close mach3 and reopen with totally new coordinates

any fixes with the new plugin v3.0b ...????
    and does it work with the NVEM Controller version 1
    Some of the issues above sound like your running a 64bit operating system? If you are you need to run 32 bit and half your problems will go away.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CHINNO View Post
    Some of the issues above sound like your running a 64bit operating system? If you are you need to run 32 bit and half your problems will go away.

can you please explain why the 32 bit windows version will be better ?

will windows 10 32 bit work good ?

other people running win xp with the same issues I have ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Xieo View Post
    can you please explain why the 32 bit windows version will be better ?

will windows 10 32 bit work good ?

other people running win xp with the same issues I have ...
    I had a lot of the same issues. Went to win 7 32bit and a lot of them stopped. Still have a few issues but the router now runs for hours no problem.

Before I went back to 32bit operating system I tested on another 64 bit system and had the same issues. I was about to buy a different controller but decided to format and try again. Turned out to be something in the 64 bit operating system. Took me months of frustrating fault finding after work.

The nvem now happly runs my Alpha 1300x2500 router and has paid for it's self several times over.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CHINNO View Post
    I had a lot of the same issues. Went to win 7 32bit and a lot of them stopped. Still have a few issues but the router now runs for hours no problem.

Before I went back to 32bit operating system I tested on another 64 bit system and had the same issues. I was about to buy a different controller but decided to format and try again. Turned out to be something in the 64 bit operating system. Took me months of frustrating fault finding after work.

The nvem now happly runs my Alpha 1300x2500 router and has paid for it's self several times over.

So all the problems I mentioned here will be gone with 32 bit operating system? ?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast