Need Help! Help with Novusun NVEM control card - Page 7

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with Novusun NVEM control card

HI David,
    One last ditch effort with the NVEM.. Getting a crossover Ethernet cable tomorrow. If that doesn't do anything, then it's the 400ETH. Since this is my 1st CNC venture, I believe that the 10 inputs should suffice. I like the 12 volt input since I have the power supply already in the electronics bay. I found this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Axis-CNC-...53.m2749.l2649) breakout board on ebay which should do the trick for me to start. There are others, but from China which will take another month to get here.
    I did look at the ESS, but liked the versatility of the 300/400 better. Both solutions are supporting the MACH4, but that doesn't appear to be as popular as the MACH3.
    In any case, I'll let you know how things turnout.
    Regards Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty1 View Post
    HI David,
    One last ditch effort with the NVEM.. Getting a crossover Ethernet cable tomorrow. If that doesn't do anything, then it's the 400ETH. Since this is my 1st CNC venture, I believe that the 10 inputs should suffice. I like the 12 volt input since I have the power supply already in the electronics bay. I found this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Axis-CNC-...53.m2749.l2649) breakout board on ebay which should do the trick for me to start. There are others, but from China which will take another month to get here.
    I did look at the ESS, but liked the versatility of the 300/400 better. Both solutions are supporting the MACH4, but that doesn't appear to be as popular as the MACH3.
    In any case, I'll let you know how things turnout.
    Regards Jeff
    You guys should take support into consideration when buying complex electronics like a motion controller, not only the price.
    I understand that price counts, but when a bug ruins your workpieces the cheap price of the controller will be not cheap anymore.
    Things are worse when there is nobody to report those bugs and there is no hope that those bugs will be ever fixed.
    I have a UC400ETH and reported a bug once to the manufacturer and they fixed it in 3 days.
    A prime example for no support is that NVEM or whoever they are does not seem to even have a website and they already released a V2 controller instead of fixing the bugs in version 1. They just got rid of the old controllers and old customers forcing people to buy the new one which seems to still have problems.

Mach3 is popular, it is popular, because it is old as dirt so the userbase is large, but it is no more developed for years now, so any bugs you may find in the software itself will never be corrected and unless the developers of the motion controller find a work around for the bug then it will be never fixed.
    The UC400ETH is nice, because it support not only Mach3 and Mach4, but also their own software the UCCNC. That software is developed by the same company so compatibility is guaranteed and they can fix bugs.

Last edited by OlfCNC; 02-24-2018 at 10:20 PM. Reason: typo

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All,
    Just to complete this discussion.
    I am SCRAPPING the NVEM do to lack of support, (sent emails to 3 different sites) with more than a week between them. NO response.
    No connection method worked. Tried multiple addr's listed in manuals 192.168.31.10-50; 192.168.1.10-50. Tried both router & direct connect methods.
    Tried different DLL (v2.0a & 3.0b),
    I NEVER got the NVEM to connect to the computer............
    MACH3 crashes when exiting Motor Tuning. with either DLL loaded. etc. etc.....

I bought a UC400ETH (CNCDrive) from Amazon, one day delivery. Also wrote to CNCDrive support asking about a wireless connection. Got a response in less than 12 hours. Very detailed, and to the point. Bottom line, wireless not recommended because the latency could exceed 20 ms which will screw up the system.
    The UC400ETH needs a BOB which you can get for ~ $9.00.
    I'll let you know how this configuration goes, but based on the level of support and their response time, I do not expect any issues.

Regards Jeff

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

On CMD type NETSTST -R. You can see IP's in your LAN.For example.

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.101 25
    127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
    127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
    127.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
    192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 On-link 192.168.0.101 281
    192.168.0.101 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.0.101 281
    192.168.0.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.0.101 281
    224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
    224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 192.168.0.101 281
    255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
    255 .255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.0.101 281

one of them is NVEM's IP, e.g. 192.168.1.1 then change your IP to 192.168.1.11 . Ping to NVEM ping 192.168.1.1.
    When there is a response, the connection works. When you turn on the macha3 green adiode on the network card will blink.

sorry for my English

Downloads
    Uploads

HI Kindlar,
    NETSTST -R is NOT recognized as an internal or external command in my Windows 10 cmd prompt.
    Any other suggestions??
    Thanks Jeff

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sorry, netstat -r

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I too am having problems. I had to build the computer after a power supply failure. I lost the hard drive so I lost all my settings. Working version was on Windows XP OS MACH3 with NVEM.dll. Ethernet cable plugged directly into the computer from the NVEM IP was 192.168.31.11. That worked!

New computer is Windows 7 32 bit with Mach3 I have tried both NVEM plugins, directly connecting the NVEM to the computer and thru my LAN. I have no luck getting the computer to talk to the NVEM! when I set the IP to 192.168.1.11 or 192.168.31.11 nothing happens! I cycle the power tried everything.

When I plug the NVEM into my home network I cant find it when I go thru the router and look at device address?

Any suggestions, well other than getting a new controller.

Downloads
    Uploads

HI w7owc,
    I don't have any computers left with XP or even Win 7 on them.
    After trying for more than a week with every trick I could find, I gave up on the NVEM as a waste of time
    Got the UC400ETH. It connected easily to the computer, and now I am waiting for the BOB to connect it to my CNC machine.
    I also am looking seriously at the UCCNC Software for $60. It has all of the features of MACH3/4, but not based on out dated technology (parallel port).
    I also saw a new screenset for the UCCNC software from CNC Woodworker. It modernizes the UCNC Software with neat windows buttons, and some consolidated screens. Cost is $25. Check it out at thecncwoodworker.com.

One more thing, I went to the NVEM websites (www.chinaplccenter.com; www.nvcnc.net; www.LOLLETTEcom etc.) and sent multiple emails to their support people. I have NEVER received an acknowledgement or an email from them. Even in their newer industrial controller version NVEC400 manual they don't talk about connecting to a network.

My personal opinion, I would NOT waste any more time on a unsupported product.

Regards Jeff

Last edited by Schifty1; 03-01-2018 at 05:18 PM. Reason: addr's got changed when posted

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jeff,
    I have to agree the NVEM/China PLC or whatever else they brand the controller as is poorly supported. The translation in the manual is terrible not to mention vague in description. Prior to my computer crashing I was in the process of interfacing an Arduino to the NVEM controller. I found it was easier to use the Arduino and an LCD display to control relays and show status of the machine. That is still being developed.

I am using Win 7 because I have several old compact form factor desktops that it runs nicely on. Plus at $20 a key it is cheap, and for what I need the computer todo it is perfect.

I did get the controller working with the computer! disable the firewall! Now I need to go back through and enable the firewall but allow the NVEM through. I wish the NVEM had a configuration setup where I could assign it an IP, Subnet, VLAN etc. What I am doing is like what is shown in the china videos, using the LAN port on the computer to connect to the NVEM and using a USB wireless adapter to connect to my LAN.

Once I get everything back working like before I start the project of implementing ATC. I purchased a ATC changer to mount on a 65mm spindle. check out cnccat.com.

JIM

Downloads
    Uploads

Has someone actually tried the January V2 driver on a V1.1 ? been busy , haven't had a chance yet.
    The morrons were never contactable after they've made the few fixes on the V1.1 driver. They absolutely hopeless.

Miky

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by w7owc View Post
    I too am having problems. I had to build the computer after a power supply failure. I lost the hard drive so I lost all my settings. Working version was on Windows XP OS MACH3 with NVEM.dll. Ethernet cable plugged directly into the computer from the NVEM IP was 192.168.31.11. That worked!

New computer is Windows 7 32 bit with Mach3 I have tried both NVEM plugins, directly connecting the NVEM to the computer and thru my LAN. I have no luck getting the computer to talk to the NVEM! when I set the IP to 192.168.1.11 or 192.168.31.11 nothing happens! I cycle the power tried everything.

When I plug the NVEM into my home network I cant find it when I go thru the router and look at device address?

Any suggestions, well other than getting a new controller.
    Change firewall settings. Find mach3 and unblock the transmission.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by miky4u2 View Post
    Has someone actually tried the January V2 driver on a V1.1 ?
    Hi Miky,

what I can tell you is that the V2 will not recognize the V1.1 driver as a valid driver...
    I tried this because I wanted to compare the problems that I have with the ones you experienced with the old version.
    So my thoughts on this are that they implemented some sort of check to prevent this... my guess is a changed firmware.

David

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

@Miky: can you please do me a favor and test the G31 functionality with your NVEM V1.1, especially if the position is correctly returned when using M40/M41 probe log file

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there,
    I also have the USB version 200k hz. I have the NVUM_K.dll plugin and I finally have it working, including limit switches, e-stop, probe and so on. For jogging I use my computer's keyboard. Everything was working OK not great but ok. Now this morning when I turn on the machine and open Mach3, I can not jog anymore, I select the Nvum as controller when you just open Mach3, all the axis are enable, the jog mode is enable and then I try to move any axis it will not move even though there is no movement in the dro. I do not understand, everything was working yesterday and now nothing is working.
    Any ideas? I have uninstall and clean reinstall twice in 2 different computers Win7 and Win10.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    can someone send me the new driver with the fixes on Limit and Homing switches?
    NVEM Driver _P (Released 23/05/2017)
    Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just Sent you a link

Miky

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there anyone in here using the NVCM usb card? read a lot abouw the NVUM an NVEM
    Is there a good driver available for the NVCMV2? Havent installed it yet so cant tell if there are any issues.

system is a 3 axis machine (A&Y slaved)
    Mach 3
    Windows 7

Til now ive ran via printerport wich was fine but kept adding stuf to the machine and now am running out of in an outputs so figured i give this Novusun board a try.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hrscharft View Post
    Is there anyone in here using the NVCM usb card? read a lot abouw the NVUM an NVEM
    Is there a good driver available for the NVCMV2? Havent installed it yet so cant tell if there are any issues.

system is a 3 axis machine (A&Y slaved)
    Mach 3
    Windows 7

Til now ive ran via printerport wich was fine but kept adding stuf to the machine and now am running out of in an outputs so figured i give this Novusun board a try.
    I have the USB v2 everything seemed ok, except limit switch issues, if you're not using limit switches you might be ok. I removed it and replaced it with the C11GS and use the uc100 USB to pararell adapter.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello!!!

i have the nvum v1.1 and it works, i think, but the speed off the motor is 1/2 off that i put in the motor parameter.... for example i put 2000mm/min in the motor tuning and it outputs, on the G0, 1000mm/min, any one can help???? sorry for my bad English.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rappa View Post
    hello!!!

i have the nvum v1.1 and it works, i think, but the speed off the motor is 1/2 off that i put in the motor parameter.... for example i put 2000mm/min in the motor tuning and it outputs, on the G0, 1000mm/min, any one can help???? sorry for my bad English.
    Have you tried going into the settings menu on Mach3 and letting Mach3 move your stepper Motors see if your steps of correct

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast