DDMMV2 work with Linuxcnc?

Thread: DDMMV2 work with Linuxcnc?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question DDMMV2 work with Linuxcnc?

Here is the manual-
    http://www.soonwell.com/ebay_file/us...ual/DDMMV2.pdf
    I am new to this and have gotten the impression that if it works for Mach3 it will also work for Linuxcnc.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanx, Alan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DDMMV2 work with Linuxcnc?

That is a bad assumption to make. This is a hardware/software combination and the software part is Mach only. It will not work on LinuxCNC.

If you are going LinuxCNC, look at Mesa cards. The are tried, proven and well supported by both Mesa and the LinuxCNC community.

bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The problem I am having with the Mesa option is that there is no newbie type info to help decide what is needed.
    This was my original plan-
    4 Axis 1.9Nm(269oz.in) Nema 23 Stepper Motor & TB6560 Driver Kit|US122|4 Axis CNC Kits

Quote Originally Posted by rowbare View Post
    That is a bad assumption to make. This is a hardware/software combination and the software part is Mach only. It will not work on LinuxCNC.

If you are going LinuxCNC, look at Mesa cards. The are tried, proven and well supported by both Mesa and the LinuxCNC community.

bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by estes53 View Post
    The problem I am having with the Mesa option is that there is no newbie type info to help decide what is needed.
    This was my original plan-
    4 Axis 1.9Nm(269oz.in) Nema 23 Stepper Motor & TB6560 Driver Kit|US122|4 Axis CNC Kits
    If that is the combo you intend to use then you only need a computer with a parallel port. However the TB6560 driver in the kit you linked is considered by many to be junk, and the motors in the kit are 5.4 mH. The motors would ideally need about 74 volts which the driver can't handle.

Downloads
    Uploads

TB6560 is crap. Have you considered a grbl setup?

James hosts the single best wiki page about motors for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://techref.massmind.org/techref/io/motors.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)