Need Help! is DDUMV1.0 board from DDCNC.com scrap ?

Thread: is DDUMV1.0 board from DDCNC.com scrap ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default is DDUMV1.0 board from DDCNC.com scrap ?

I am trying to run this board - 4 axis DDUMV1.0 from DDCNC
    4 Axis USB Controller Card 400kHz CNC Mach3 Breakout Interface Board Win7 8 XP | eBay

but as soon as I install plugin for this board, Mach3 starts to do strange thinks (Ddream.dll or DDREAM2014_400J.dll)
    a small test program like this
    G00 X50 Y50 Z50
    G00 X5 Y5 Z5
    G01 X0 Y0 Z0
    but DRO never ends in zero - usualy stops somewhere betwen -1.5xxx to +1.5xxx. (mm)
    If I then press - Go To Zero - it moves to zero

Same if I run on my table just PC, Mach3 and this board - without any other conection
    without plugin - Mach3 works OK (- but the board is without signal)

on web ddcnc.com - there is no mail contact, and on mail contact in manual - no answer (by the way, very poor manual with silly mistakes)

Has anyone seen this board work ?is DDUMV1.0 board from DDCNC.com scrap ?-ddum_12-jpg
    can enybody help me ?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: is DDUMV1.0 board from DDCNC.com scrap ?

I've had this exact same board work pretty much fine, while with my old laptop, running XP.
    It used to lose the USB connection once in a while though, suddenly reporting "ddream device is now connected"
    while in the middle of the milling process, causing all steppers to pause for several seconds, going completely out of synch with the code,
    breaking my end mills sometimes, as it would then pick up from the current code command (the code still running...), and the tool going any random direction, depending on the code, and how far off it went, while the controller board remained offline...

I've figured it must have been my old laptop, dropping the USB device once in a while, or not keeping up altogether,
    so I've just put together a new computer, running Win7, and all on-board ports only USB3 now.

and the things have turned even worse.
    It will usually start off fine, the board never loses USB connection with the computer anymore,
    but several hundred commands down the road it will randomly lose the connection on the plugin level. It stops running the code
    and starts violently stepping any random direction, very small steps though, so it never moves enough to break the tool, but it definitely has lost connection with Mach3 app at this point. No Reset button (the Mach3's one, not hardware) or any emergency stop will stop it.
    It will continue stepping blindly around until I actually close the Mach3 app altogether. Then it stops, as the plugin also gets unloaded at that time.
    I've tried playing with the buffer size, no difference.
    I'm not sure if it's to do with the USB3 port I'm using (now the only available...), Windows 7, or something else.
    Still investigating, trying to figure this out.
    I don't want to build another computer now, with a parallel port and all that.
    I rather drop the Mach3 and move to something else....

jj

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

after one month of trying to get it work I did throw this board away - the producer DDCNC.com no longer exists, the mail in manual (manual is a stolen copy with original mail) leads to producer of similar product - who never released something as this board.
    The procesor on the board has many errors - it is waste of time to do something with it - that is my opinion

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

it isn't quite a "plug-and-play", I agree, but since it worked with my old computer, despite the computer dropping the USB device,
    I'm still intending to give it some more try and see if I can get it to work on the new computer, which doesn't drop the USB device thing.
    I'm definitely not looking forward to building large desktops with parallel ports.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

well, if you use laptop, you must switch off - power safe - on USB,
    but on my try - I found, that this board gets only Gcode as input and calculates everything by itself, sends back to Mach current position - (that is maybe what you describe as - cannot stop it with Mach - the procesor inside gets mad and sends pulses to motor without any request from Mach)
    I did try it on 4 diferent PC - XP, Win7, also on laptop ...
    I did try different .dll, I did try to contact seller, producer ...
    and all the time, there was the same mistake ... so I gave it up. Just angry, how much time I spend with useles experiments

parallel port is not a goog choice !

I use now ethernet smooth stepper (and support board CM126 from Ebay) - to full satisfaction, Now I have stable, exact working machine. Just put it in box, switch it on, configure ... and work.

is DDUMV1.0 board from DDCNC.com scrap ?-cm126-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow! Sounds like you did find a proper way. My reasons for buying that board were mainly not wanting to go LPT port, but your solution sounds way more proper.
    Can I trouble you for sharing some more detail? I feel like ishould do the same

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

And stop wasting time trying to make the one i have working as desired. Would you please be able to PM me some links with the items involved? I think i will just do the same thing. Thanks for the information.
    Sounds like quite a few extra $'s this thing might cost, but if its going to buy me a working solution, I won't hesitate...

Jj

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

it´s quite late today ... first off all, look at Ebay - for smoothstepper(=SS) and board CM126 - you will see the price for it whenever you are from
    It is not cheap - but I lost so much time with DDUM - I wanted something working with NO MORE PROBLEMS

if the price is OK, post a mesage and I will write some more info ... OK ?

the CM126 is nice add on, but there are other boards to work with SS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just went reading a bit about them, and indeed, this looks a promising solution.
    Sorry for the trouble. Didn't mean to keep you up. I'm in Canada, still quite early here.
    The price isn't that much far off what I paid for the DDUM one, so I believe I can afford.
    Not like I have much choice at the present time, anyway.

I'm not too sure as to how this thing gets configured with MACH3, though.
    Is it the same plugin DLL concept?
    But then, if it works over the network, how does the network get configured on it?
    There would have to be a separate piece of software for that, aside from the plugin in the Mach3.
    I will look for more info about this, tomorrow. It's getting late over here now, too
    Thanks again for this heads up, and this new direction to explore.
    I would likely be struggling with the one I have now, trying to get it going
    for another month or so, before losing patience.

btw, thanks for the hint on the USB power saving thing,
    but the USB dropping connection with my laptop wasn't to do with anything power saving.
    Had that already checked before. If not running no code, it would stay on just fine, for hours, or as long as I ever tried.

Hopefully this new idea will turn out the solid solution finally.
    Had a few tools wasted so far, not looking forward to keeping doing that.

thanks again,

jj

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello to Canada - from Czech republic :-)

a few tools ... the bigger problem for me is material and many hours of wasted time on nearly finished project. The mill must be 100% foolproof - just let my mistakes do sometimes damage :-)

Ethernet is working without problem on any PC, If your net has many PC and a lot of data transfer, it is good idea to put in PC second net-board with IP another then your net (I have it this way, but it is not necesary)
    With SS you get small program, with which you set IP into SS. There is .dll to Mach3 for SS, every time you start Mach, this .dll starts comunication with SS (in fact, it downloads actual FW into it from this DLL) In Mach3 there is possible then to setup SS as you need, in last version even backslash if you need it.

on SS there are 3x paralel port, you can configure them individualy
    inputs on step driver ale optoisolated - 5V logic - you just connect them to SS
    but inputs on SS are not optoisolated = for safety, it is good idea to use some other board with isolation.

I use CM126 - it conects to two paralel ports on SS, and you screw SS just on top of CM126.
    there are screws to connect wires, It has 1 port as mainly output to step driver, second port as input with 18 optoisolated inputs, 7 output relay for motor etc.
    CM126 needs 24V power suply and it generetes 5V for SS
    Inputs on CM126 ale in 24V logic (resistant for interference, also magnetic position sensors use 24V suply)

I have power suply with 24V and 5V output - because, on SS there is still one free paralel port with 5V logic - and i prepare to use it some day on jog function.

feel free to ask if you need more info :-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks again. I've just ordered them. I should be getting them in a couple of weeks, hopefully.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CHB View Post
    well, if you use laptop, you must switch off - power safe - on USB,
    but on my try - I found, that this board gets only Gcode as input and calculates everything by itself, sends back to Mach current position - (that is maybe what you describe as - cannot stop it with Mach - the procesor inside gets mad and sends pulses to motor without any request from Mach)
    I did try it on 4 diferent PC - XP, Win7, also on laptop ...
    I did try different .dll, I did try to contact seller, producer ...
    and all the time, there was the same mistake ... so I gave it up. Just angry, how much time I spend with useles experiments

parallel port is not a goog choice !

I use now ethernet smooth stepper (and support board CM126 from Ebay) - to full satisfaction, Now I have stable, exact working machine. Just put it in box, switch it on, configure ... and work.

is DDUMV1.0 board from DDCNC.com scrap ?-cm126-jpg
    I was also using this board with lots of frustration. Finally I found some success in taming this beast. I was using windows 8.1 on a tablet. After multiple tries, I found a combination that works:

Compatibility: windows XP service pack 2
    Process Priority: choose "Realtime"
    Processor Affinity: select only 1 of the core processors available, I choose core 0

I was able to run a very long G-code program for 6 hours without the stoppage that happened all so often. Process affinity is the last variable I changed that got everything right, so I cannot be sure if compatibility and process priority has any effect anyway.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I never had dropouts in Gcode, (maybe just as I never got so far). The main problem was ...
    manualy one step code G0 X50 machine and display went to X=49.864
    G0 X0 ... X=0,652
    G0 X50 ... X=50,124
    G0 X0 ... X=0,132
    G0 X0 ... X=0,000
    G0 X50 ... X=50.047
    G0 X0 ... X=-0,61
    and so on ...
    The problem was not in microsteps
    Usualy Mach3 and wrong board or setings do - G0 X50 - on display you have 50.000 but machine in only on 49,5 - missing steps or similar

But this board G0 X50 -> 49,650 (or 50,120 or somewhere else) but always machine and display are on the same BAD position
    Once more G0 X50 -> 50.000

From this - I think DDUM gets only Gcode and interprets it by own - transforms it to step-dir and sends this information back to Mach3. (Normaly Gcode interprets Mach3 and boards get just step/dir signal - example SmoothStepper)
    And this was the last drop for me, in Mach3 I can modify how the Gcode will be transformed to step/dir signal - corner setting, backslash ... but in DDUM ? who knows ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did look at Drufel CNC - it seems as quite simple program (comparing to Mach3 or others)
    Where is the difference that it will work OK with data controllers as DDUMxxx - up till now I thought the problem is in bad function of controllers DDUMxxx

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Drufel CNC continues its development. What functionality you will need in the near future?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Drufel, would be nice confiles in editable txt-format ( save doesn't work properly ) and possibly a button G0 x0 y0 z0
    Greets and go on with development
    Strabe