Infimatic Freedom NC200 ????

Thread: Infimatic Freedom NC200 ????

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Infimatic Freedom NC200 ????

I am looking at a 2008 MAG Fadal with a Infimatic Freedom NC200 controller. I am currently running 3x Fadal VMC's and feel very comfortable with them and most repairs. Since Fadal is now out of business there are great deals to be had, but I have no experience with there new controller. My question is. Can anyone give me feedback on the Infimatic controller?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I am also interested in information...

Dear all

Is nobody here which can give some information?

Or have a manual/spec in pdf?

Kind regards
    Martin

Downloads
    Uploads

Try calling this guy. He "I believe" is the head infimatic guy @ MAG.

Pat (818) 678-2248

FYI, I decided against the machine with Infimatic controller because none of my repair guys would go near it.

Downloads
    Uploads

wow - fast answer!thank you!

"FYI, I decided against the machine with Infimatic controller because none of my repair guys would go near it. "

Reason? Just they dislike? they can't repair? or because mag discontinue supporting this controller?

Martin

Downloads
    Uploads

Pat said they would support it for ever!! ???

The repair guys were all just scared of it and the possible glitches it may have. But I don't have time to figure them out myself (if they exist), so I bought a machine they were comfortable with.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes true!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default They do exist

Quote Originally Posted by trickeng View Post
    Pat said they would support it for ever!! ???

The repair guys were all just scared of it and the possible glitches it may have. But I don't have time to figure them out myself (if they exist), so I bought a machine they were comfortable with.

They do exist, we have come across 5 of them that were presented to me for testing, which brings de following question, does the whole panel need to be hooked up to the machine for the embedded keyboard to work?

Downloads
    Uploads

yes this would be interesting to know.
    Also if the hole panel could be used for any other control....retrofiting comes in my mind...
    rgs
    martin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ebay is full of them!?

Why are there not lots of info about thhis control on cnczone?
    Is there anything new about this control? I've checked around and heard that it lacks a program to get it to talk to its keyboard?
    It is said to be easily set up with simo drive 611 and various drivers.
    I thought to use it on Gildemeister CTX400e lathe . My cncpilot 3190 is hopeless. Is it gambling?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default INFIMATIC FREEDOM NC200

Did anyone ever find out any additional information on this controller?
    Does it have software preloaded, Gibbs Cam ?

Thanks,

Iron-Man

Downloads
    Uploads

Default INFIMATIC FREEDOM NC200

Quote Originally Posted by reus View Post
    They do exist, we have come across 5 of them that were presented to me for testing, which brings de following question, does the whole panel need to be hooked up to the machine for the embedded keyboard to work?
    Do these units have software preloaded? Were you able to get any technical information?

Thanks,

Iron-Man

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default freedom control

i just got one of these controls for my older cnc which i installed new digital drives and ac servo motors on it,my control has windows xp,gibbs cam,and the
    cnc operating software already installed on it,the control fired up without hooking it to the machine,the keyboard and mouse worked,the software has looks for the cnc system of the machine on boot up and gives an error meassage when its not hooked to the machine,my next step is to mount the control and wire it to the machine,ill be posting pics up once im done with that
    than we see how good it is for retrofitting

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ohlala...

i am so wondering why there is no more information on the web.
    For some reason, there must be something wrong ;-) hope you have success to install this device...pls tell us und pictures, pictures, pictures...pls.. :-)
    Best regards
    martin

Last edited by mwyss; 04-26-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default control

yeah,something is fishing,the company's web site(mag) has manuals and pdf files avaiable for downloading for there controls except that one,theres a spot for it but theres no info there,i find it strange,maybe they dont like giving support on something they dont make any money on,of maybe they got burned
    out of alot of money from fadal when it went bust,im going to call the guy at mag and see maybe i can sweet talk some info out of him,ill let you know

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Infimatic control ?

Quote Originally Posted by SORCHEROR View Post
    i just got one of these controls for my older cnc which i installed new digital drives and ac servo motors on it,my control has windows xp,gibbs cam,and the
    cnc operating software already installed on it,the control fired up without hooking it to the machine,the keyboard and mouse worked,the software has looks for the cnc system of the machine on boot up and gives an error meassage when its not hooked to the machine,my next step is to mount the control and wire it to the machine,ill be posting pics up once im done with that
    than we see how good it is for retrofitting

Any success ? Were you able too use the pre-loaded software, gibbs cam?

Thanks,

Iron-Man

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

im able to use gibbs cam,the software to control the cnc wont work due to an error on boot up,error being it cant read my drives,the guys at infimatic told me i need the complete system,wont work with others,havnt done any thing with it in awhile and just started messing around with it again.im going to try and just use the monitor and some of the keypads and hand wheel,e-stop ect.
    the computer is too whimpy so ill install a new one and use monitor,maybe
    i can get that to work,time will tell

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i loaded mach3 on the control and it was able to read the mouse and keyboard,i think
    im going to dump the pc and use the monitor with a better pc and try to use all the other control components,should be able to configure them to work in mach3,will find out

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Infimatic Freedom NC200 ????

Quote Originally Posted by SORCHEROR View Post
    i loaded mach3 on the control and it was able to read the mouse and keyboard,i think im going to dump the pc and use the monitor with a better pc and try to use all the other control components,should be able to configure them to work in mach3,will find out
    Sorcheror were you able to get your Freedom NC200 system up and running? Can you tell me how the Gibbs cam was installed. Was it on a hard drive or a CF card? Thanks, Iron-Man

Downloads
    Uploads

I will be starting a new thread on Infimatic Freedom NC200 refit. I plan on using a Mesa 6i25 + 7i77 to control a Denford Triac mill. I have added a touch screen and a new motherboard. Iron-Man

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Infimatic Freedom NC200 ????-0108182208-jpg   Infimatic Freedom NC200 ????-0108182120a-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Since this seems to be the Most relavent thread..

I'm looking for a more recent PLC Update for a Fadal with the Freedom NC200 control..
    It can be found in the following Folder of the control.
    C:\PLC Update\PermMem.dat

If anyone has a working Fadal with the Freedom NC200 control , and can Share this File?, send me a PM so we can share contact info.
    I've reached out to a couple Members via PM to see if they might have this File.