Newbie Isel Automation

Thread: Isel Automation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Isel Automation

Hello all...Can anyone supply any info on an Isel Automation 3 axis router?
    It is a model 242504, benchtop model. It has one com cable with a 9 pin com connector labeled PC/AT. I will post a couple of pics as soon as I get them sized properly.

It appears to have a built in controller using a siemens SAB 80535N chip.

Any help with software or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Tom

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Isel Automation-small-jpg   Isel Automation-small1-jpg   Isel Automation-small2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,
    sorry if I'm not much help, but Im in a simmilar boat, I have just got a Techno Isel CNC router, hopefully attached a pic of it. I need a cable but cant find the specification any where have sent e-mails to techno, isel and some one I think is a uk agent but have not had any reply from anyone.
    I am also looking for the software and through lots of research have just become very confused, I have a maunal but it its in german so I cant understand it.

Have you looked on the techno website I think yours looks like a davinci ? I think, It wasent easy to find but there is a software page that you can down load the techno CNC interface from which I think would work with yours, mines older and I cant get it to install right, I think I may need the I5DRV software which is dos based again I think Im not acctually sure.
    let me know if you need a link to the software page.
    Thanks
    Matthew

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Isel Automation-cnc-router-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the response. If you have the link that would be great. I have been serching the net for a couple of weeks without much luck. To add to the problem I have NO CNC experience. Was given this router and think it will have great possibilities if I can get the software and some info so I can connect to it and at least test it to see if it moves at all.

I work for a German based company and when I receive docs in German I go to Bablefish and do a translation. It isn't the quickest process but if you can determine which areas of the manual seem to contain the info you need, start with those. The translations are not perfect but you should be able to get an idea what they are trying to say.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,
    hope fully you should find something here

http://support.technocnc.com/support/index.htm

I don't know if your machine is stepper driven or servo, the site says stepper but when instaling the techno cnc interface to try and get my machine going on servos (i think?) there was an option for the davinci, so if the stepper one dosent work guse you could try the other one.
    there should also be some other helpfull stuff on the page.

I have only done cad at collage but hope to pick up every thing I need to know as I go, at least that is wat I normaly do, life is one big learning curve!

also thanks for the advice on translation, will give it a go if I can figure out which bits look promising?

I have been waiting for a couple of year now to get a cnc mill / router and now I have it I can hardly sleep at night, it it so frustrating that I cant get it going
    hopefully soon though!

good look

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tom I forgot to ask if you got a pc with the machine? I think you might also need a card ?
    sorry
    I will let you know if I find any thing else out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mine does take a pc but I didn't get it with it. I looked and it appears to have a controller built in. I checked out the link and it is WONDERFUL. I will be testing tonight. I have the Educational Davinci.

Thanks for your help....hopefully you will find some info soon also. I will still be poking around, if I run into anything, I will let you know.

Downloads
    Uploads

You need Kay to drive that davinci router. Do a search for Galaad CNC in google. It works tons better than techno's own software. I use one in school and they are extremely reliable with the right software.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,
    how are you getting on?
    as Pplug has suggested go for the Kay software, it was one of the ones I had downloaded but as I had no cable dident know how it worked, I eventually managed to order a cable and get the spec, but the one on order isent due till december! so I made one up, couldent get any thing to work with the machine but then I tried Galaad / Kay demo it worked streight away.
    I have just purchased the Kay software for 200 euros direct from galaad, and all I can say is that Bertrand is great! can't reccomend highly enough! if you haven't done allready go to the Galaad site ( www.galaad.net ) and download the demo hopefully it should get your machine moving.
    I will let you know how I get on, Im still trying to figure out what cam software to use with it as I cant afford the galaad at the moment.
    Matthew

Downloads
    Uploads

I would not get Galaad for cam. it is only good for 2 1/2D routing. It does not even support true v-carving! I personally use artcam but that is way to expensive for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HI, do you stil need idrv5

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default isel cnc

hi
    is there any body to help me about:
    umv 10 setting of offset? how can i do it?
    one of my umv10 card crashed after setting the offset by potentiometers