Problem b axies rotation as "IF" comands

Thread: b axies rotation as "IF" comands

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default b axies rotation as "IF" comands

hi my name is scott i run a bmc 630 made by Toshiba its a 3 +2 with 2 tables and the controler is Tosnuc 888. my queston is i would like the table when it rotates to go the quickest driection to the nex deg.

the machine reads as b +- b+ is cw if i use a - it will turn ccw but i have to input that infront of my b ( what ever deg )

EX. right now it goes b0 b90 b180 b270 back to b0 if im at b0 and want to go to b270 it turnes cw to b270 when its quicker to turn to ccw to b270 form b0 i can input a b-270 and it will go ccw but im using a cad/cam program that some times maks huge programs and one i know of i can nock off one hour of runtime for fun i have been told of a system pramator for thes controles that will let u do just that , i also heard form a old friend but he dotn knwo how to do it rigth if comands for macro varibuls its liek math so say ( if b is greator then 181 go - (the deg.) ) but me and every one in my shop has tryed to rigth it and i get nothing

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by saw133 View Post
    hi my name is scott i run a bmc 630 made by Toshiba its a 3 +2 with 2 tables and the controler is Tosnuc 888. my queston is i would like the table when it rotates to go the quickest driection to the nex deg.

the machine reads as b +- b+ is cw if i use a - it will turn ccw but i have to input that infront of my b ( what ever deg )

EX. right now it goes b0 b90 b180 b270 back to b0 if im at b0 and want to go to b270 it turnes cw to b270 when its quicker to turn to ccw to b270 form b0 i can input a b-270 and it will go ccw but im using a cad/cam program that some times maks huge programs and one i know of i can nock off one hour of runtime for fun i have been told of a system pramator for thes controles that will let u do just that , i also heard form a old friend but he dotn knwo how to do it rigth if comands for macro varibuls its liek math so say ( if b is greator then 181 go - (the deg.) ) but me and every one in my shop has tryed to rigth it and i get nothing
    For Positioning Only this would be easy to implement in a Macro.
    When machining 4 axes contours however you may need to rotate the long way, hard to get around this.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Scott, you may be able solve this problem by adjusting your post processor. Rotary axes are usually either follow shortest path or works as a linear axis (they don't know when they cross zero position). One thing I'm confused about is you say that B+270 and B-270 are same position. Is this correct? or you meant B-90?

Regards, Dinc