Problem HydraPath III & DNC

Thread: HydraPath III & DNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HydraPath III & DNC

Does anyone know how to download a program to the HydraPath III control from a PC instead of a tape reader. I need info on cabling, handshaking, program format, etc

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Arrow HYDRAPATH III

I just received my MOOG MHP S-24, first at all I am repainting that pumpkin color. I thing this week I will be working on the program transfer from a PC. If it works I will send you all the information available. The problem is the limited memory capacity - 64 Kb but only 48 Kb available

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever get your memory problem sorted out and did you find a way to increase the memory or get the machine to drip feed

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm also interested in how to get drip feeding of programs set up- I'm working with an MHP HydraPath III.
    While I can't find an exact number for the storage space.. it's very likely not enough to handle gargantuan 3D milling programs.

The best information I've come across is this:
    from http://www.control.com/thread/1026195768
    "To drip feed to my MHP with Hydrapath III control, I have to set the job number to 99 and the pattern to whatever pattern I am using. When you hit the <AUTO> the drip feed begins, and you hit <START> and it runs. There are some setting to be made in your configuration page, but they should be set the same as when you are uploading whole programs. I have a problem with mine though, I must have a wire on the RS-232 cable wrong, or something, my control looses its place if the data sends too fast for the machine to keep up, or if it is sent too slow."

The most versatile solution would probably be getting DNC set up, but a memory expansion, if it exists, would also work..

http://flickr.com/photos/vrogy/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I have a Moog Too!!!

Hi there,
    I have an HP-30 Hydrapath III. I believe your flow problem with the drip feed on your machine is a baudrate problem.

I have the 4th axis indexing horizontal machine. Is there many people out here still running these machines? I'm attempting to index my pallet without parking the machine at the home location.

I have run this machine for the better part of six years! I have everything from posts to communication settings for PC. If anyone has info or needs info I'm here

Thanks
    Crash

Downloads
    Uploads

i just started at this place and they have 2 of the Moog S24, i'm looking for mastercam post for it, cause i can program most everything as long as it's straith lines, when i have a program wiht radius(es) in the part, the machine getts all bunch of errors and alarms, i tried using I and J, and i tried using R. i still can figure it out, i tried programing simple radius by hand and i still get alarms,
    i have no manuals, so i don't know what i'm doing wrong, i know that the program is good, ran it on a hass, the s-24 machine just won't except the code and i don't know yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i need help, please

Last edited by Exodus8931; 11-15-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus8931 View Post
    i just started at this place and they have 2 of the Moog S24, i'm looking for mastercam post for it, cause i can program most everything as long as it's straith lines, when i have a program wiht radius(es) in the part, the machine getts all bunch of errors and alarms, i tried using I and J, and i tried using R. i still can figure it out, i tried programing simple radius by hand and i still get alarms,
    i have no manuals, so i don't know what i'm doing wrong, i know that the program is good, ran it on a hass, the s-24 machine just won't except the code and i don't know yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i need help, please

The Moog S24, we call them MHP's (Moog Hydrapath), they are odd machines. I am also looking for a Mastercam post for this control to cut down on setup/program time. I might possibly be able to help you with your radius problem. I have several years experience of programming these machines manually and I do know that to swing a radius, the I and J are incremental from your datum. This is different than most machines (Haas, Fanuc, Mitubishi, etc.) which the I and J are incremental from your actually swing point. Also if you are programming from the tool center or the tool edge makes a big difference. The control is really picky if you do it from the tool edge. I recommend programming from the tool center. Also cutter compensation, from tool edge is full diameter and from tool center is full difference of tool diameter to programmed diameter. (example, programmed .500 cutter, you have a reground .5 cutter that measures .490, your cutter comp would be .01). This is different than most machines. Most it is half the diameter and half the difference.
    hope that helps, let me know if you find a mastercam post

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a mastercam post for the moogs, let me know where and I'll email it to whoever wants it!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I definitely need a post, is it a 3axis vertical machine post?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its for the 4 axis horizontal machines but I'd be surprised if there's much difference!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have 2 moog S3000's. They are the same as the S24 except they use hydrolics instead of ball screws. Does anyone need a couple for parts? They ran when they were disconnected about four years ago, but since then they have not been hooked up. They are wired for the fourth axis and one has the fourth axis. I also have tool holders that go with them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ill try the postl, email it to joshua.lawrence7@gmail.com

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk