New Machine Build Choosing the right Steppers/Servos and the right Control Software - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choosing the right Steppers/Servos and the right Control Software

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Choosing the right Steppers/Servos and the right Control Software

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    From what I understand, yes. They must be still making and selling them in China, though, as they are readily available on Ebay. What makes them attractive is that they are close to half the cost of the EM drives. The last ones I purchased were $58 each. The downside is that you get no support.
    Hmmmmm gotta check them out... Are they branded Leadshine?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep. And they can be configured through the PC with Leadshine's ProTuner software, which looks like it was written for Windows 98, but works fine in Windows 10

Leadshine AM882 Digital Stepper Drive 80VDC 0.1A - 8.2A With Protection Function | eBay

I bought two from this seller, and two previously that I had paid $80 each for. They appear identical. I've only used one so far, but it's a very nice drive. Runs quiet, and cool.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like Leadshine started selling the DM542E direct (same specs as DM542A but without the big fin heatsink) as well as other products, from their California location:

Leadshine DM542E Digital Stepper Drive Max 50VDC/4.2A - Direct sale by Leadshine | eBay

Leadhine 57HS21A-I NEMA 23 Stepper Motor 2.1N.m / 298 oz-in (Sold by Leadshine) | eBay

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Leadshire direct - $129 each for the AM822 in Stock California... Quite the price on these guys.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by twilliamson View Post
    Leadshire direct - $129 each for the AM822 in Stock California... Quite the price on these guys.
    Well they do say this on their listing...

* This product will be sold and shipped directly from Leadshine America, Inc located in Los Angeles, California which is the North America office of Leadhsine Technology Co., Ltd. A 12-month warranty (properly used) and free technical support from U.S.A will be offered. For orders from countries other than North America, we can also arrange shipments directly sent from Leadshine headquarters in China.
    Disclaimer: Due to large amount of FAKE and reverse-engineering-copied Leadshine products listed by other sellers on websites such as eBay, Amazon, Alibaba, AliExpress... Leadshine states that it will not take any legal responsibilities for any products purchased from those sellers, or provide warranty and technical support services.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's what a comparable drive costs.
    And why I bought mine from China, for 1/2 the price.
    If they are fakes, they are the best fakes you've ever seen.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

With the ballscrews you are using, I personally wouldn't recommend any stepper larger than 400oz-in. Whether you use a NEMA 23 or NEMA34 is up to you. The thing is you won't likely need more than 48V to run said steppers, so you really do not need the particular drive - unless you got to have it. You also likely won't need the sensorless stall detection and software-configurable current and microstep settings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12