Need Help! Acramatic 2100 problem uploading programs off laptop

Thread: Acramatic 2100 problem uploading programs off laptop

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Acramatic 2100 problem uploading programs off laptop

We have a Cincinnati 750 Arrow 2 with the Siemens Acramatic 2100 controller on it.

Everything running fine for the last year or so, but when we went to upload a new program off the lap top, we got the attached error. We then checked and it appearerd that we had 0kb left in the program folder. So we deleted around 50 programs, but it still didn't show any free space.

We can export programs off teh hard disk without any problem, but it wont let us upload even the smallest program.

Realise that we are doing something silly and it is no doubt staring us in the face - but can anyone help?

Also how does one get to the DOS c:\ prompt on this machine.

Confused of Tunbridge Wells!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Acramatic 2100 problem uploading programs off laptop-img_20170424_103902-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Acramatic 2100 problem uploading programs off laptop

Nourisheng, It displays at the bottom right of the screen that your part storage has ZERO bytes left; you must delete programs to make room for new ones first.
    G. Wood @ 859-534-4750 Fives-Cincinnati Technical Support

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gwood View Post
    Nourisheng, It displays at the bottom right of the screen that your part storage has ZERO bytes left; you must delete programs to make room for new ones first.
    G. Wood @ 859-534-4750 Fives-Cincinnati Technical Support
    Have deleted over 100 programs, but the space is not being released - that is the little reader in the bottom right hand corner is still showing Zero. We think that there has to be something like an empty recycle bin or confirm that you want to delete programs, that we haven't spotted.

Can you help?

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you get it sorted out yet?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No I am afraid that we have made no progress with this issue.

The screen is still not showing any free space for programs. When trying to up load from the PC, the process runs for longer, but then blows out. We cant even load a 34K program, which is ridiculous.

We have resorted to putting a slave, screen, keyboard and mouse onto the machine and manually typing in our programs, as the quickest way of doing this at the moment.

It looks like there must be a screen that we can't find - a bit like emptying the recycle bin - that we need to do that will release the space. But no idea where to look.

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

On one of my machines, the original owner did not purchase networking or program storage, so I had to do some figuring.

This is what I did to get past the 144K of program storage I have on my machine.

1 bought a used network card from ebay and installed it.

2 I created a folder called "cam" on the machines hard drive and shared it on the network. I believe I created "C:\Mustang\User\cam

3 I copy my programs from my cam pc to the folder on machines hard drive. I believe you could do this step with a floppy disk if you do not have networking.

4 hit transfer program, transfer program in, advanced, then click register external check box then browse to your folder where the program is stored, then hit regester external This runs the program externally from the machines regular storage location, and in effect gives you unlimited storage with out buying the option.

Hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Any luck yet?

Downloads
    Uploads

You press MORE then SERVICE and you will see at the bottom for the DOS prompt. You may need to be in the SERVICE password mode

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services