Standalone CNC Lathe Controller

Thread: Standalone CNC Lathe Controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Standalone CNC Lathe Controller

Hello!

I am on the market to buy a standalone CNC controller for a lathe and I've identified a few products on Aliexpress. In particular, there is this 990TDb or 990TDc controller that appears to be popular. Variations of this controller appear to be sold under different brand names. I've seen three so far:

1) Newkye: http://www.newkye.com/h-pd-20-0_573_2.html

2) Newker: http://www.newker-cnc.com/en/tf_picshow.asp?id=557 (apparently unrelated to Newkye)

3) SZGH: SZGH-CNC990TDc-2 2 Axis CNC Lathe & Turnning Controller (user manual has inconspicuous reference to Newker)

Does anyone have experience with any of these brands/controllers? If yes, care to share good things/horror stories?

Thanks!

Carlos

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Standalone CNC Lathe Controller

Make sure that you can do threading with this controller. Many stand alone controllers don't. In that case what good is it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hoecken View Post
    Make sure that you can do threading with this controller. Many stand alone controllers don't. In that case what good is it?
    One of the first things I did when I put my virtual hands on the user manual was to look for a threading command. It does exist, examples are even provided, and the only thing needed, as expected, is a rotary encoder.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cmantunes View Post
    One of the first things I did when I put my virtual hands on the user manual was to look for a threading command. It does exist, examples are even provided, and the only thing needed, as expected, is a rotary encoder.

How did you get on with the controller? I'm currently looking at one for a machine I have which has a bad controller on it.

Rick

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_B View Post
    How did you get on with the controller? I'm currently looking at one for a machine I have which has a bad controller on it.
    It simply works. Has its subtleties but once you know what you are doing, things fall into place. Deciphering portions of the manual was my biggest effort.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which one did you get. Does it do mill and lathe functions.

Looking at them online it seems to me that you can get them for either a lathe or mill but not both.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hoecken View Post
    Which one did you get. Does it do mill and lathe functions.
    If I'm not mistaken, you can buy up to 5-axis and do mill-turn, but the controllers aren't really meant to be "portable."

Downloads
    Uploads

It simply works. Has its subtleties but once you know what you are doing, things fall into place. Deciphering portions of the manual was my biggest effort.
    Thanks, I'm looking at SZGH one, this is all new to me was your hard to setup?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the proper way to ask you a question but here goes. I have purchased a Newker 1000TDc control panel and hopefully it arrives soon.
    My question is do I need to replace my original incremental encoders with multiturn absolute encoders.
    Thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know what’s the best encoder to use for the spindle for the Newker controller
    The manual and cable has 8 wire setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk