Need Help! advice please, conversion to mach 3, Leetra MPC6610 controller

Thread: advice please, conversion to mach 3, Leetra MPC6610 controller

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default advice please, conversion to mach 3, Leetra MPC6610 controller

Can anyone help
    I have just purchased this machine, six months old, all in good nick and seems fairly well built.
    CNC 1212 Router [CNC1212] -

It uses a Leetra MPC6610 controller, a hand held device which accepts G-code via a USB stick and is connected to the breakout board via a 50 pin connector. User manual attached. Also a picture attached
    This drive three steper motors via Leadshine M542 stepper motor driver cards. Manual attached.

I want to be able to use this machine via Mach 3. So my questions are;

I can get a cable that will go from the 50 pin connector, to a serial port connector. But, how do I know what all the pin assignments are to set up Mach 3? Has anyone converted one of these machines before? Are there any easy ways of figuring out what all the pin assignments are?
    Or, can I buy a new breakout board that uses a standard serial port cable? If so, what kind and from where? And again, how do I know the pin assignments?

All advice appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails advice please, conversion to mach 3, Leetra MPC6610 controller-mpc6610_cnc_router_manual_v1-0-en-pdf   advice please, conversion to mach 3, Leetra MPC6610 controller-m542d-pdf   advice please, conversion to mach 3, Leetra MPC6610 controller-img-20170122-wa0001-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: advice please, conversion to mach 3, Leetra MPC6610 controller

Much easier to buy a new breakout board.
    The pinouts will depend on how you wire the drives to the new breakout board. It's really prett simple.
    And, it's a parallel interface, not serial.
    Do you plan on using the parallel port of your PC to drive the machine?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes, parallel port from PC. I just need to know which breakout board to get that is compatible with those stepper motor driers, and how to wire it in, and what the pin assignments in Mach 3 would be. I'm no electrician so it needs to be a fairly simple job for me to get it right.

thanks

tom

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, in case anyone is interested or has the same machine and wants to convert it.
    I brought one of these
    https://www.cnc4you.co.uk/Breakout-B...th-Charge-Pump

and wired it in just fine, all the axis and home switches are working fine. I am quite pleased with myself. However, in case anyone can help, when we brought the machine we did not run it much with the Chinese controller. I don't know if the spindle came on when the machine was running, or if you had to manually turn it on. There is also a small magnetic circular block with a single wire coming out of it, this sticks onto the Zaxis cover. We assume that this is for setting tool height.

Now, we have two spare wires in the wiring loom, labelled GRND and IN1, they were connected to the original board. We don't know if these can be used to switch on the spindle, or if they are from the tool height setter. Various trials with a multimeter and putting 24v across it doesn't help.

Thanks

Tom

Any ideas anyone? It would be good to be able to activate the spindle with the Gcode and not have to do it by hand. We are not that bothered about the tool height setter. If that's what it is.