PC controller help needed

Thread: PC controller help needed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PC controller help needed

I am working on an Ecoca PC1840, with a ITRI MIRL controller on it. The machine sat at the University of Central Florida for years without being touched, now I have it. I got the controller to come up, and I can interact with it via the soft keys, and an external key board. The problem I am stopped dead in my tracks at, is the NC comes up in an "not -ready" state. The mfg (Ecoca) is less than helpful, the controller mfg is apparently out of the game. I cannot even get a wiring diagram for the machine. I have trouble shot it to this point, but it seems as if it is a software problem. The limits are software based on this machine, and there is only one hard limit switch (on the tailstock to limit Z travel to avoid crashes). When the machine comes up, and the E stop is cycled the X axis reads -8000. The axis motors lock up with the NC coming online as they should, the spindle amp is giving an odd error that I cannot figure out. The spindle amp is a Mitsubishi MDS-A-SPJA-75RT, the error cycles through "A" then "off" then "0" then repeats. I am hoping someone out there has some input at what else I can look for.