Recently I was called to a customer about an "IPM"(449) alarm on axis Z. When I got there I could not get the alarm to regenerate, but now I was receiving a new alarm when trying to home the machine. Reference return incomplete and battery low alarm on axsis Z.

Now what they tell me is the machine was shutdown for a about a week and when they turned it back on for use they got this IPM alarm. So automatically I checked all the batteries in the system and they all checked out okay. So i decided to remove the drive and check the IGBT even though i wasnt getting the IPM alarm anymore. The drive tested ok and after reinstalling im still not getting the IPM alarm. I decided to try and switch the Z encoder cable to the x and y axis drive and the alarms seem to have followed the cable. So i have removed the encoder from the z axis motor and have tested it AND THE ENCODER SEEMS TO BE OK TOO!! what else could it possibly be?!?! I have very little experience with cnc, I am a robotics tech trying to venture into new territory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Andrew

P.S. The encoders are absolute (A860-0360-V501)