Need Help! What software; have Profili2 and 4-axis foam machine, need free driver like Mach3

Thread: What software; have Profili2 and 4-axis foam machine, need free driver like Mach3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What software; have Profili2 and 4-axis foam machine, need free driver like Mach3

Hi,

I have my 4 axis foam cutter up and running, and I am learning to design foam wing cores in Profili2. I use Mach3 free version to make the first cuts, but the free version only goes up to 500 lines of G-code. My complicated wing panels are about 1800 lines of G-code. A Mach3 license is too expensive for me, it's just hobby. I do not need any of the Mach3 features, just simple defitition of steps / units per axle and idle speeds. The G-code from Profili2 includes all else.

What software / freeware can you advise?

Cheers,

Hugo

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What software; have Profili2 and 4-axis foam machine, need free driver like Mach3

LinuxCNC version 2.6 or later with correct release is supposed to have a 4axis wire cutter option. I haven't got it installed yet, but I hope I can get it to work. I really don't want to have to write my own program again.

Profile also sells new software. I think a hobbyist license is around $100.