trendmicro

Thread: trendmicro

WallCrawler

Default trendmicro

Ok boys this is a great antivirus, I got ride of Norton. MacAfee was sold to do not know what will happen to that antivirus software.\

Go to http://www.trendmicro.com/en/home/us/personal.htm

I would recommend you all upgrade to this one, why do I say this.

There is little to no overhead at all. I have been using this for my business with the files sharing and imagining that goes on and it has not affected the network or Stations performance. Just excellent software.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been using Norton on my business computer's forever and have not had a virus infection to date, I don't see what that program does any different. Can you explain why it has less "overhead"? What does a ativirus have to do with file sharing on a closed network? Don't most if not all virus come from a INTERNET connection OR a deliberate insertion of a virus locally?

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: trendmicro

Originally posted by WallCrawler
    Ok boys this is a great antivirus, I got ride of Norton. MacAfee was sold to do not know what will happen to that antivirus software
    What does this mean?

"MacAfee was sold to do not know what will happen to that antivirus software"

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

WallCrawler

Originally posted by CNCadmin
    I've been using Norton on my business computer's forever and have not had a virus infection to date, I don't see what that program does any different. Can you explain why it has less "overhead"? What does a ativirus have to do with file sharing on a closed network? Don't most if not all virus come from a INTERNET connection OR a deliberate insertion of a virus locally?
    Norton is great have used it for years.

Overhead
    o·ver·head (
    adj.
    Located, functioning, or originating from above.
    Of or relating to the operating expenses of a business.

n.
    The operating expenses of a business, including the costs of rent, utilities, interior decoration, and taxes, exclusive of labor and materials.

Computer Overhead.
    Trend Micro uses a 1/3rd less then MacAfee and Norton.
    Meaning there is less CPU and computer resources used.
    The benefits is that you system will run faster.

In the medical field, there is a ton of network traffic.
    This alone is overhead, with Trend Micro it adds very little to the proses. Nevertheless, protects the system as much or more than Norte or Mac.

Trend Micro is used at Dow Jones around the world. I know someone who works there; they said it just works better. Less overhead and the management, consol is the easiest to use in the Antivirus world.

WallCrawler

Default Re: Re: trendmicro

What does this mean?

"MacAfee was sold to do not know what will happen to that antivirus software"

MacAfee was sold, they were having problem and was bought out.

By who ? I do not know. Some say Microsft did but there is no word yet who.

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by WallCrawler
    Norton is great have used it for years.

In the medical field, there is a ton of network traffic.
    This alone is overhead, with Trend Micro it adds very little to the proses. Nevertheless, protects the system as much or more than Norte or Mac.

Trend Micro is used at Dow Jones around the world. I know someone who works there; they said it just works better. Less overhead and the management, consol is the easiest to use in the Antivirus world.

Thanks, I had no idea what "overhead" meant.

You still didn't answer my questions-

1)Can you explain why it has less "overhead"? O yeah because it uses 1/3 less CPU

2)What does a anti-virus have to do with file sharing on a closed network?

3)Don't most if not all virus come from a INTERNET connection OR a deliberate insertion of a virus locally?

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

WallCrawler

Thanks, I had no idea what "overhead" meant.

You still didn't answer my questions-

1)Can you explain why it has less "overhead"?
    O yeah because it uses 1/3 less CPU
    Norton and MacAfee uses 75% more computer resorses.
    Trend uses 1/3rd of what they use meaning less overhead.

2)What does a anti-virus have to do with file sharing on a closed network? When sharing files the antivirus will scan the files because it see's it as a outside file so , it will scan it.
    With trend it knows were it is coming from and on a network it can see if the files is infected.

3)Don't most if not all virus come from a INTERNET connection OR a deliberate insertion of a virus locally?
    Yes this is true Trend does all that plus spyware with alot less CPU resorces.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, it's clear as mud.

So even though it's a closed network (meaning not connected to the Internet) it still scans for virus and spy-ware.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

guys can goto http://software.mcafee.com/lcas/ get a free copy of there scanner . They have to do it because of some class action lawsuit

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overhead in computer terms refers to the amount of RAM, CPU cycles, hard drive space, etc. that is consumed just to run the things that are always there when the machine is on such as the clock, the wallpaper, drivers, etc; things that Windows loads.

Whatever's left of these resources is what you have to work with when actually doing stuff. Less overhead equals better performance on tasks that you, the user, initiate.

WallCrawler

Thanks, it's clear as mud.

So even though it's a closed network (meaning not connected to the Internet) it still scans for virus and spy-ware.
    Yes will scan in a closed network, but the networks I work are not closed to the internet.

Downloads
    Uploads

The original question was "Can you explain why (meaning the software being recommended) it has less "overhead"? " Not what is overhead.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Right you are. I should have read more carefully before responding.

WallCrawler

The original question was "Can you explain why (meaning the software being recommended) it has less "overhead"? " Not what is overhead.
    Sorry

It uses less CPU memory to run not like other antivirus.
    It has won awards for excellent updates and the way the program does not interfere with other programs on your system. It runs in a stealth mode. On top of that it update daily not weekly like others.

Meaning it runs in the background.
    I fine the other slow down the system allot compare to trend.

WallCrawler

Trend Micro™ PC-cillin™ Internet Security 2004
    Keeps you “simply secure” from viruses, hackers, privacy threats and spam email.
    Trend Micro™ PC-cillin™ Internet Security provides comprehensive and easy to use protection from viruses, hackers, and other Internet-based threats. Its new advanced features go far beyond standard antivirus and firewall protection, helping to safeguard your PC from new emerging threats like network viruses, spam email, inappropriate web content, and Spyware programs that can compromise your privacy.

Key Benefits

Comprehensive Virus Detection and Removal
    Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security helps make the detection and removal of viruses more precise and powerful. The enhanced Personal Firewall helps prevent intrusion from hackers and the new breed of Network Viruses. Trend Micro™ Damage Cleanup Services can now be triggered as soon as a virus is caught to keep your system functioning properly.

Enhanced Network Virus Protection
    With the Network Virus Emergency Center, consumers can now get the same level of protection as big corporations from network viruses such as KLEZ, MSBLAST, and SOBIG. If a network virus is detected, Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security can automatically shut off the PC’s network access, stopping the spread of the virus.

Integrated PDA Virus Protection
    Viruses can infect your PC from multiple entry points such as removable media, Internet downloads, email, and PDA synchronization. Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security is designed to protect your PC at these entry points and includes wireless protection for Palm, Pocket PC, and Symbian EPOC-enabled devices.

Anti-Spam Filtering
    Users can now configure Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security to identify and block unsolicited and junk emails. Filtering sensitivity can be set for High, Medium, or Low based on personal preference.

URL Filtering and Parental Control
    Manage the sites your family can view with Parental Control, also known as URL Filtering. Permitted lists and restricted lists can block or allow connections to web sites you deem appropriate.

Advanced Privacy and Spyware Protection
    Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security helps prevent third parties from monitoring your Internet use and blocks malicious programs and websites from accessing your personal information. Spyware Protection is designed to detect and remove annoying Spyware programs from tracking your surfing behaviors, stealing passwords or account information, and creating dangerous back doors into your system.

Multiple Security Profiles
    Your security needs and settings are different at home, at work, and on the road. Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security helps keep you protected by customizing the security settings for the environment you are in at any given time.

Automatic Virus Pattern Updates
    Outbreak Alert, a new and unique early warning service, is designed to inform you in advance when a serious virus outbreak is occurring. Outbreak Alert automatically prompts you to update Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security, so your computer is protected from infection of the latest threats.

System Requirements

Operating Systems:

Microsoft™ Windows™ XP SP1, Windows 98 or 98 SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000 Professional SP3 or above
    Browser:

Microsoft™ Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 or above
    Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or above
    Netscape™ Communicator 7.0 or above
    CPU:

Intel Pentium™ (TM) 233MHz or equivalent processor for Windows 98, 98SE, Me
    Intel Pentium 300MHz or equivalent processor for Windows 2000, XP
    Intel Hyper-Threading supported
    Memory:

64MB of RAM for Windows 98, 98SE, Me, 2000
    128MB of RAM for Windows XP
    100MB of available hard disk space for installation
    Note: Hardware requirement depends on your software environment. Internet connection is required to perform online registration, update, and other online services.

WallCrawler

these days, when you’re shopping for a new
    lightning-fast computer or a slick DVD recorder, you probably don’t look to just one source for information. You read PC World (naturally!), but you also see what other tech pundits have to say, and you read reviews at Web sites dedicated to the equipment you want.
    In this 22nd edition of the World Class Awards, we’ve taken care of that work for you. To choose the best that the world of technology has to offer,
    we tapped not only the expertise of our own editors and PC World Test Center analysts, but also the knowledge of a team of outside experts—industry analysts, reviewers, and leaders at specialty sites. We looked for hardware, software, and services with exemplary usability, design, innovation, features, performance, and value. After considering hundreds of candidates, we chose 68 winners, from powerful notebooks to versatile cameras to hassle- free remote access software.
    This year, we’re also establishing the World Class Hall of Fame. Which products get in? Only those that consistently show World Class qualities for many years. After all, being great once or twice is impressive, but being great over the long haul is truly exceptional.