We would like to add a sealed computer station in our CNC room.
We ultimately would like to remove our current computer tower which is in a sealed box with filter air being pumped into it and replace it with something more compact.
We are thinking of a sealed monitor, ruggized keyboard and mouse. While placing the tower outside the room using the poper cables (extended USB) to each component. The cables would be no longer than 20'.
It would be wonderful to mount the monitor keyboard and mouse all from a ceiling drop mount and pivot point.
Does anyone have any expierence, comments or suggests to help with this issue. We currently have three machines all running seperate boxes removing this would add much needed space.
1. What function does this computer perform at your machine?
2. What kind of CNC machines do you have?
3. What is the connection of the computer to the CNC?
4. How often does the machine operator interact with the computer?
5. Do you really need a computer at each CNC?