New to CNC.... Completed first build and having trouble with MACH3

Thread: New to CNC.... Completed first build and having trouble with MACH3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New to CNC.... Completed first build and having trouble with MACH3

I recently build a DIY 3 axis router and am having issues with the software set up.I have a TB6560 chinese board powered by a S-350-24 being controlled by MACH3. In the MACH3 initial set up it has you input the Step pin # and the Dir Pin# for each axis that you will be running. I have a 3-axis set up and all of the pin numbers that the manual calls for won't get the motors to run. Depending on the set up the motors will whine or attempt to move but will not. Is there a way to determine the correct pin #s for each motor output without the manual?

I was able to get one axis to jog in both directions but somehow when I changed the pin settings on the other motors I disabled that ability. This makes me believe that my 4 wire Nema 23s are set up properly and are not the issue.

I apologize if I am asking these questions incorrectly or if I am providing incomplete information.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to CNC.... Completed first build and having trouble with MACH3

Check the active high/low checkboxes for both the step and direction (try the opposite of the current setting)
    Are you using the motherboard parallel port?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Using the motherboard parallel port and checked the hi/low for both the manual suggested settings and the opposite with no luck. While looking for a solution i found some folks that had the same boards and mentioned the pin settings were wrong. They posted their pin settings but those did not work for me either. My question is how did they determine the correct set up. Did they try all the combinations until one worked or can you trace it through the board some how?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The cord is a straight through pin type. What is throwing me is I will have the z-axis working both directions with a step pin# and dir pin # and when I change pin settings on Mach 3 for the X and Y axis it will disable the motor for the Z axis somehow. Once the motor is disabled it won't start working again with the same pin settings even after the signal to the X and Y axis is unchecked.

Anybody run into this problem before?