Connecting Bridgeport CNC machines to Windows 2008 Active Directory OR work around

Thread: Connecting Bridgeport CNC machines to Windows 2008 Active Directory OR work around

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Connecting Bridgeport CNC machines to Windows 2008 Active Directory OR work around

We have CNC Users (Win 95 and 98) can not login/authenticate to new domain - their accounts are still enabled on the old domain. We do not want to rebuild or mess with Operating system files on the CNC pc’s because it takes production down if we mess them up – (over the years, files have been deleted from them manually to prevent internet, etc, so things do not install properly or remove properly) Some of the OS registry and program fixes that have been suggested have been tried and do not work - does anyone else have any insight or ideas on how i can get these users to access and run their CNC units from the files ON THE NETWORK?

Upgrade Domain Controllers to Windows Server 2008 R2

Possible repair but didn’t work on Glenn or Leo’s.

Windows 98 cannot join a Windows Server 2008 domain (dsforum2wiki) - TechNet Articles - Home - TechNet Wiki

We either need to put all their data that they save to in to a location that all supervisors and machine operators can easily get to , and the CNC machines can upload to it with NO credentials, and I would need to tell these machines to just login with no username and password authentication – and the share where data is stored would have to be open to everyone. Is that possible (They do not have as400 or internet)? Ed is really the only operator that looks like he really uploads his data - But Hugh said it is critical to have data in CNC root backed up and all this data available to him and other supervisors and the machine operators.

1. Glenn Win 95 built in CNC - Floppy *** Priorty PC name PC100
    Glenn Bridgeport Explorer Pentium 8mb ram

2. ED win 98 Built in CNC - Floppy ***Priority PC Name TNDCNC (tool and die area)
    Ed Bridgeport V2XT 850 mhz 128mb ram
    v2xt bridgeport cnc and active directory (Google search)

3. Jim Win 95 Built in CNC - Floppy - but doesn’t do the same operation per dick not as important CNC3 pc name
    Jim Bridgeport EZ-TRAK 850 mhz 128mb ram

4. Leo Win 98 Built in CNC - Floppy -- PC460 is pc name in the MTC shop
    Leo Bridgeport V2XT 850 mhz 128mb ram

5. Brad Win 95 Built in CNC _ Floppy ****This machine does not apply – it can not save the parts has to run each and everytime he is not even loggin in right now he just cancels
    Brad EZ-PATH 850 mhz 128mb ram

6. Tom Spiller win xp PC on cart - uses zip ** This one is not affected - rarely connects Ethernet and XP Pro authenticates fine
    Tom VMC N/A

7. Georges old Win XP on cart PC - uses zip ** This one is not affected – is on network its XP and doesn’t apply here – used for programming only. N/A

Contacted a CNC blog and the gentlemen emailed me this, i have given this to the network team to consider:

> our engineers like the operators to sign in under themselves as
    > individuals - can you do permission/read-only, etc on the NAS device
    > storage?

Yes, this is all supported to the extent that it was ever supported in the old network protocols in olden times. I've used this method successfully for several different projects. You can get all the documentation online to learn the details before you buy.

D-Link 1TB ShareCenter 2-Bay Network Storage Device, SATA, RAID 0/1