Uploads

Kevin

Confirming I recieved the refund.

Peter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ballscrew material hardness

Hardness, we were not discussing machining the ends...yes, we also use ceramic tooling!
    My post was advice, based on quite a few years experiance in the Industrial world...
    If the balltrack in the spindle is 66Hrc and the balls are 60Hrc obviously the balls will wear at a greater rate than a spindle at 62Hrc and Balls at 60Hrc...Yes eventually there will be signs of ware in the "softer spindle" spindle.....
    Also if the Hardness is 66Hrc and there is misalignment in the build it is possible to snap the spindle....in addition to this, having seen first hand the process of straightning the spindle before assembly is not carried out, therefore the stresses that are "unlocked" when turning and grinding the bearing journals is not rectified, and the assembly would fail the JIS standard.

Ground Ballscrews do have a greater depth of hardness...as they have to undergo the process of grinding, therefore greater heat / time must be applied to allow = greater heat penetration for the additional process of metal removal when grinding.
    Rolled Ballscrew stock must be more malleable due to the rolling process to produce the balltrack, the spindles are case hardend to a shallow depth as this is the final process to produce a hardened balltrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    There was a guy on ebay that used to bring in HiWin Ballscrews from Korea.
    I bought a few and was quite impressed with the quality, When it came to turning the ends down, ceramic tooling was needed as they were hardened right through.
    These were not rolled, but resembled precision ground.
    I have never heard of a precision ball screw being too hard? They are generally case hardened anyway?
    Al.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Worldofcnc stock

Yes,
    Round Rail, precision shafting is from Romania
    Hiwin - Taiwan and Japan
    Linear bearings - Taiwan
    Our CNC machines - maufactured in the UK from our stock...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanandhistoy View Post
    Thanks for the explanation; does the same apply to all other products you stock?

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Mach3 training days

As this post is proving popular, we would like to advise all of you that we will begining for the "Newbe" free CNC Mach3 machining and training days at our newly aquired factory unit....

Please enquire for further details!

Subject covered:
    Machine design / hands on product selection from our stock / Build ideas..
    Mach3 config
    Setting up and machining

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Motioncontrolproducts aren't exactly great.

I ordered and paid for some parts from their website. After a lot of badgering on the telephone I discovered that the parts were still in a warehouse..... in China. I don't mind waiting for parts but it would be nice to know about the wait BEFORE deciding to order. Talking to motion isn't exactly easy because the staff appear to be Chinese and the language barrier can make things tricky.

Marchant Dice on the other hand gave me free advice on a breakdown issue and then got me the exact replacements I needed precisely on the lead time the gave me. Incidentally the supply time was less than 5 working days for an out of stock part which is pretty darn good.

I would use Marchant again...... as I still haven't got what I paid for from Motion I can't say whether I'd use them again... at this stage probably not.

What I have learned is to keep my OWN stock of parts. If my machinery breaks down I can't really expect my suppliers to jump to it over a £30 part. If your machine is critical to you making money it makes to buy parts ready for when you need them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Signmaker View Post
    Motioncontrolproducts aren't exactly great.

I ordered and paid for some parts from their website. After a lot of badgering on the telephone I discovered that the parts were still in a warehouse..... in China. I don't mind waiting for parts but it would be nice to know about the wait BEFORE deciding to order. Talking to motion isn't exactly easy because the staff appear to be Chinese and the language barrier can make things tricky.

Marchant Dice on the other hand gave me free advice on a breakdown issue and then got me the exact replacements I needed precisely on the lead time the gave me. Incidentally the supply time was less than 5 working days for an out of stock part which is pretty darn good.

I would use Marchant again...... as I still haven't got what I paid for from Motion I can't say whether I'd use them again... at this stage probably not.

What I have learned is to keep my OWN stock of parts. If my machinery breaks down I can't really expect my suppliers to jump to it over a £30 part. If your machine is critical to you making money it makes to buy parts ready for when you need them.
    To balance this post I would like to say that after placing at least ten orders with Motion Control Products I have never had a problem. Gary a member here on the zone and an employee of MCP (English to the best of my knowledge) has been first class replying to emails (within 24hrs) and keeping me updated with order progress. I would without hesitation use them again.

A number of years ago I ordered some parts from Marchantdice and after receiving most of my order I had to wait over three months for one item as it was out of stock. I emailed a number of times without reply and gave up. After buying the part elsewhere, two months later I received the part from Marchantdice.

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Refund

Refunded in full......

Quote Originally Posted by PRC View Post
    Take caution with any dealings with

Marchant Dice
    http://www.worldofcnc.com/

I ordered components from him in December which has not arrived. He has not answered any of my emails since he received my payment.

I warn anyone to think carefully about dealing with him.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unless Gary is a Chinese Woman he certainly doesn't answer the phone at MCP. To be honest I didn't expect to have to battle with MCP to get a straight answer as to where my stuff was but this is what has happened.

What you are basically saying is Marchant and Motion Control can both be cr@ppy when it comes to stock holding and fast delivery... which I would accept.

I can' accept that Marchant Dice are unique among suppliers in being late with delivery because they aren't.

Marchant managed to get me non standard parts which aren't stocked by any UK supplier within 5 days but MCP expect me to wait a month for some really basic metal tubing and a few mounting blocks.

Marchant told me how long I would have to wait and I made a decision that this would be OK. MCP took my money and worried about a delivery date later. I think 5 days for a non standard non UK part is great. I think 4 weeks for a product advertised as "in stock" which transpires is still sitting somewhere in China is pretty shocking.

In your opinion Marchant= bad and MCP= good. In my experience it's completely the other way round.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

In your opinion Marchant= bad and MCP= good. In my experience it's completely the other way round.
    Enough said

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update....

The promised MCP delivery date has been and gone.... still no parts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Update....

The promised MCP delivery date has been and gone.... still no parts.
    I had a similar problem with a vendor and it was an easy fix. Called credit card company, and canceled payment

Two weeks later the $$$ was back on the card and the Credit Card company filed complaint with the BBB

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone ever heard of a phone.....I understand Kevin had one fitted right after the upgrade to hot running water....maybe before electricity...Oh I forgot to whinge.....Er my hip is playing me up....Now I'm one of you

Keith

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

And after the phone came the internet and the email... What a stupid response, this has nothing to do with the means of communication, but how you communicate

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Non delivery

With over 800 orders per month via eBay (Marchantdice) and our e-shop www.worldofcnc.com we must be doing somthing right...however sometimes things go wrong!

For the customer, the answer is how do we react to stop this happening again?

1. I have split my company and moved the CNC machine manufacture to a dedicated factory in Great Torrington...and incresed the number of employees.
    2. Lapford will become a store for our Linear bearing stock + cutting facility (round rails, ballscrews and Hiwin profile rails + carriages).
    3. Email response: We have a look how to improve this...but I do not think the issue is with us, but with our internet provider (BT)

Australia: The missing goods were refunded...
    Denmark: As per the thread. quality goods were received by our customer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

can I just add my experience, I was wary of ordering anything of that cost, but I found my dealings with marchant dice trouble free, and was able to contact them easily by phone. On the other hand I have ordered from china and had a nightmare. my feeling is they are an honest company and its a pity your experience has put you off them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have had dealings with both Marchant Dice & Motion Control Products.

MarchantDice have really bent over backwards to help me, cannot rate them highly enough.

After a few problems with MotionControlProducts they eventually resolved the issue to great satisfaction.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello

Sorry for my English I’m French

I also have a problem with MARCHANT DICE it makes one month that I wait for my order without answer to the email.
    It is pathetic for persons who say to themselves professional

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bonsoir, on this occasion the delivery is not our fault, we have shipped the goods on 2 occasions both times the customer was not at home, the courier attempted contacting our customer!....the goods have been returned to our factory..I will re-ship the goods at my cost on Monday!!!

Do you have an alternative delivery address, your work address?

Last edited by marchantdice; 06-04-2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Work address?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Joke you!!!

There is a person present all day long to month or you lie or him(it) are to deceive in the delivery address

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Delivery...

Bonsoir, I do not joke...you order is important to me. We have the tracking to show the delivery's. As I said we will ship again on Monday, then if someone can accept the goods, you will be a happy customer!

Quote Originally Posted by vorix View Post
    Joke you!!!

There is a person present all day long to month or you lie or him(it) are to deceive in the delivery address

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast