Multi purchase customer and Very HAPPY

Thread: Multi purchase customer and Very HAPPY

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Multi purchase customer and Very HAPPY

I have bought from them more than once and have always had a good experience. As with everything in life, it's not as thought nothing has never gone as planned. The thing is that they always work to help in any way they can. I have never called them and not had someone answer the phone ready and willing to help. Quick response to email questions too. If all of that wasn't enough, I love the products they offer.

I decided to try some of these (NEMA34 110AC CLOSED LOOP STEPPER MOTOR, DRIVER – HYBRID SERVO KIT,1699 OZ-IN) for $299. each on a 3 axis knee mill conversion I was working on. When I decided to try them I was a little unsure about the idea as I had always used DC servo motors in the past. Let me tell you that these things are great. They have all the power needed for a CNC knee mill. They are quiet and smooth with good rapids and holding torque. Simple to install and WAY, WAY simpler to set up than the DC servo drives.

These have been so impressive that I just ordered 2 more to replace the DC servos on servo drives that I used on my lathe conversion several years ago.

In the event that you are a home machinist they have an added bonus. They require 110 VAC single phase power and that's it. I know that your thinking, ya but i still need 3 phase power for the spindle motor. Not so fast. ABB makes a Frequency drive (ABB part number, ACS55-01N-09A8-2) that cost about $200. This drive will take 220 VAC single phase input and output 220 VAC 3 phase for your motor. On top of that it gives you the FWD / REV variable speed that you have been wanting. Then you can run your CNC mill or lathe at home with out a phase converter.

Bottom line is that if you are thinking about buying from them I feel you can do so with confidence. As they also sell CNC4PC (Arturo's stuff that is also great and well supported) I don't know that you would need to shop anyplace else.

Karl
    Budget Machine Tool

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Multi purchase customer and Very HAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by BMT View Post
    I have bought from them more than once and have always had a good experience. As with everything in life, it's not as thought nothing has never gone as planned. The thing is that they always work to help in any way they can. I have never called them and not had someone answer the phone ready and willing to help. Quick response to email questions too. If all of that wasn't enough, I love the products they offer.

I decided to try some of these (NEMA34 110AC CLOSED LOOP STEPPER MOTOR, DRIVER – HYBRID SERVO KIT,1699 OZ-IN) for $299. each on a 3 axis knee mill conversion I was working on. When I decided to try them I was a little unsure about the idea as I had always used DC servo motors in the past. Let me tell you that these things are great. They have all the power needed for a CNC knee mill. They are quiet and smooth with good rapids and holding torque. Simple to install and WAY, WAY simpler to set up than the DC servo drives.

These have been so impressive that I just ordered 2 more to replace the DC servos on servo drives that I used on my lathe conversion several years ago.

In the event that you are a home machinist they have an added bonus. They require 110 VAC single phase power and that's it. I know that your thinking, ya but i still need 3 phase power for the spindle motor. Not so fast. ABB makes a Frequency drive (ABB part number, ACS55-01N-09A8-2) that cost about $200. This drive will take 220 VAC single phase input and output 220 VAC 3 phase for your motor. On top of that it gives you the FWD / REV variable speed that you have been wanting. Then you can run your CNC mill or lathe at home with out a phase converter.

Bottom line is that if you are thinking about buying from them I feel you can do so with confidence. As they also sell CNC4PC (Arturo's stuff that is also great and well supported) I don't know that you would need to shop anyplace else.

Karl
    Budget Machine Tool
    who is "they"?