linearmotionbearings2008 = RUBBISH

Thread: linearmotionbearings2008 = RUBBISH

Default linearmotionbearings2008 = RUBBISH

I built my first CNC router a couple months ago and purchased ball screws, end bearings and linear rails from linearmotionbearings2008.

The first batch I received the screws was bent, the holes in end bearings was machined off center and the holes on the linear rails was drilled off center. The bearings in the ball nuts was incorrect introducing play. I was furious.
    Chai was willing to send me replacement parts but he expected me to pay again for the shipping of $150. After weeks of debating I gave in and told him I will pay 50% of the shipping.

He sent me replacement parts. The ball screws was slightly better but still bent and the one ball nut was "wobbling" and once again the linear rails was drilled off center. Not only were they drilled off center, they were bent too.

I'd recommend to anyone who are serious about building a CNC machine to avoid linearmotionberaings2008. He has 100% positive feedback because he will refund you a small amount in return for positive feedback.
    I received $50 refund after spending nearly $700. I still left negative feedback but he somehow managed to remove it.

Here are some videos and photos of the parts I received from him:

For a little more I managed to purchase parts locally which are 100 times better. No bent screws or skew rails.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails linearmotionbearings2008 = RUBBISH-1-jpg   linearmotionbearings2008 = RUBBISH-2-jpg   linearmotionbearings2008 = RUBBISH-3-jpg   linearmotionbearings2008 = RUBBISH-4-jpg  

linearmotionbearings2008 = RUBBISH-5-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: linearmotionbearings2008 = RUBBISH

Why accept a partial refund at all? I don't understand you guys for accepting less than 100% of what you paid for useless crap as refund. Why not refuse the offer and contact Paypal? If you don't wait too long, and you should NOT wait too long, then Paypal will give you full refund. I'd never give a seller positive feedback unless he/she offered 100% refund (shipping and customs included) and even so I'd write about it in the feedback comment line.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Why accept a partial refund at all? I don't understand you guys for accepting less than 100% of what you paid for useless crap as refund. Why not refuse the offer and contact Paypal? If you don't wait too long, and you should NOT wait too long, then Paypal will give you full refund. I'd never give a seller positive feedback unless he/she offered 100% refund (shipping and customs included) and even so I'd write about it in the feedback comment line.
    Amen brother! I'd want full refund and go to Paypal. Fortunately only had a couple bad purchases with Ppal and they were great and refunded my card no questions. Wishing you the best in getting your money back. I'm glad I went through CRP for mine soup to nuts (pardon the pun)

Downloads
    Uploads

Yup, those Chinese ball screws are nothing close to a good brand like NSK. They typically use some plastic inside the nut to funnel the balls around and the tolerances are very loose. You clearly have some bent ones, I have friends that also got some but at least they did not get bent ones, but they were still no impressed, but a high quality ball screw on ebay now costs a small fortune. I know your frustration, my friend ordered an entire cnc machine from China it took about two months to arrive but it looked fantastic in the pictures. When he got it the machine was not close to square all the holes in the machine to hold the aluminum together were not machined on a larger machine instead they were hand drilled, it was a complete disaster. He purchased new aluminum material and ordered new ball screws and tried to reuse the linear bearings were were also pretty bad. We cut all the pieces on a larger cnc machine and now his machine is very nice, but if he had to do it over again he would never order any of this stuff from China. Seems like it has got worse over the last several years. I have a ten year old Chinese water cooled spindle that still works great but many others have purchased units in the last couple years and they are lucky to get one or two years before the bearings go bad.

Send it back.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

he will refund you a small amount in return for positive feedback
    This is disgusting. Nobody should ever offer money for positive feedback. I was going to use LM2008 for ball screws, as they seem to have the best feedback! Now I have to look elsewhere.
    Finding good quality ball screws for a reasonable price is becoming very difficult. Who can you trust?

@steve123, if you can. AVOID this guy. You will most probably end up disappointed if you buy from him.

Last edited by bluscape; 12-04-2016 at 06:42 PM.

@ A_Camera: I wish it was that easy. I've been working with PayPal and Ebay but they expect me to pay the return shipping and it must have a tracking number. For some unknown reason it is much more expensive for me to ship to China with a tracking number. Nearly or even more than the cost of the items. What can I do?

I've now made a web page and will make it public on all CNC forums and social media until he refunded me: http://www.linearmotionbearings2008.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Not pretty, not at all.
    Cheers
    Roger