Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013

I was hoping to not have to make this public. But after giving John Kaspar (owner of Hurricane lasers) every opportunity to make this right, he has done nothing. I'll try to lay out the facts and hope this helps other make their own decisions as to whether or not to do business with this company. This is not about their machines (I never go the opportunity to use one), rather, this is about my attempt to purchase one and to make Hurricane a vendor/partner for our makerspace.

The most important part of this deal was a delivery in time for our grand opening, two months away (on October 6th). It was a critical day for us. I made this perfectly clear and was told it's no problem repeatedly. He was very excited to be a part of our makerspace.

Here's what happened:

July 20th 2013 - Went to NMB show and met John from Hurricane.

July 24th - Quickly received a quote from John for $13,324.50. Great response. Very pro-active.

July 25th - Asked about getting a gray & white machine instead of shades of green to better fit with our facility. was told "roughly 3 weeks build time, 3 weeks ship time 1 week customs and 1 week assemble, test etc"

July 25th - Asked if a 25% deposit would be enough to get our machine ordered, balance to be paid around September 1st (a month ahead of delivery!).
    July 26th - John replied "That will be fine as long as the 25% deposit is non refundable due to the custom color"

The "custom color" is actually just the standard colors these machine are made in by G. Weike. They (Hurricane) have the Chinese factory paint them green to make them different from the others who import the same machines.

August 1st - John wrote "If you can wire $3324 for the 25% deposit that would be great" and I did a few days later.

August 6th - Received an email from Hurricane with an attached invoice PDF. Invoice clearly states "Ship date 09/25/2013" and payment of $3,324 made. $10,000.50 balance due. I was happy. Machine ordered.

August XX - some back and forth emails about control boards, software, coming out to train, etc... No surprises.

August 30th - In just about every email I ask about delivery. This email from John includes the line "I still anticipate delivery the week before you open. Have a great Holiday week and let me know if we can help any other way." Awesome!

August 30th - In an email, he asks when we will be wiring the rest of the money ($10,000)

September 3rd - I reply "Please give me a few more days and resend your bank info. It’s hectic around here."

September 6th - I wired the entire $10,000. Machine now paid in full.

September 9th - Email from Hurricane with an invoice, confirming zero balance. Ship date on invoice is still 09/25/13. I assume this is from LA harbor or from Las Vegas (their facility). Vegas is 4 hours max, LA Harbor is 2 hours max from us. All going smoothly. Getting excited.

September 24th - emailed John. Questions about size of the machine. We had to cut a bigger opening to get it in the room we want. Also asked about delivery. John replies "The laser is in the air and I expect it next week. We can then schedule the training and delivery at the same time." Ok. So a little concerned, but there's still time and I have my hands full with prepping a brand new facility for our grand opening.

October 2nd - emailed John. I wrote "Was wondering when we should expect our laser? I need to get my two guys here that same day for training. Our Grand Opening is this Sunday, we need at least a day or two to train and make our give-aways / samples. As we discussed, you (or your tech) are still coming to train us and install the same day?" NO REPLY. Getting concerned.

October 3rd (Wednesday) - I called, left a message with the receptionist. NO REPLY.

October 3th (Thursday) - I called twice, left a message with the receptionist and on his voicemail. NO REPLY. What the hell is happening? Opening day is Sunday. No machine. No reply. I have people coming to see this cool technology. I wanted to cut a bunch of cool dog-tags to give away and custom engrave water bottles to sell. Too late for that.

October 4th (Friday) - I called, and (luckily?) John answers. "We will be there with the machine tomorrow morning!" I let him know that I was disappointed in the lack of communication, but at this point relieved to know that it's coming. At least I'll have a machine to show my new members and the community. To be forthright, I don't recall if this conversation happened Thursday or Friday. There was A LOT going on!

October 5th (Saturday) - No machine. No calls. No answer at Hurricane. I don't have any cell numbers. Nothing. I am heartbroken.

October 6th (Sunday - Grand Opening) - So much happening, but I find time to email John. Here's the entire email: "Not sure how to start this email. Where is my laser? It is October 6th. You promised the machine a week before my Grand Opening, then one day before (after I CALLED to find out). Now it’s the most important day to my company’s future and there is no machine here. I promised people to see the machine. I planned on making give-aways on that machine. I planned on offering items for sale that I was going to make on that machine. It was going to be the centerpiece of the day. I wanted a few days to train my guys. You said you would personally come down to train and help set up.
    I ordered the machine TWO MONTHS AGO. I paid you as agreed, in full a month ago. Now you have all my precious money and I have nothing.
    You have not called, made no attempt to contact me to keep me updated. No offer of a temp machine. Nothing."

October 7th (Monday) called, left a message with receptionist, she states "John is not available"

October 8th (Tuesday - two days later) - I received an email @ 1:32pm

"My apologies. Traci and I both have Strep and were out Thursday afternoon on. You laser is in LA airport and is being trucked over to me Wednesday. we can deliver it this weekend, Let me know what time works for you and your team."

At this point I am livid and I respond with an email (since he's still not answering my calls!) @ 2:01pm:

"That’s it? “My apologies.” An apology is not enough at this point and again (you) have made ZERO effort to address my issues. I understand you were out sick. But you have employees, and they could have made an effort to contact me and let me know that the machine is not going to make it.
    You have done a very poor job of communicating with us and have been dishonest. I count on my partners/vendors to be pro-active, truthful and let me know what’s happening BEFORE, not after.
    I’d like to cancel this order. The machine not being here on opening day has cost me membership and reputation. You not being honest about delivery, not communicating and not offering a loaner (or any other recourse), has cost you the sale. We can keep this civil and easy, or I can go on the internet with how this turns out."

He replies the same day in an email (instead of calling) @ 2:04pm:

"I spoke with you last week and told you it was at the airport and was awaiting customs and that i would let you know when it arrived. No misleading here. Also, per our emails the custom color order is not refundable. There is no dishonesty here. Additionally, you stated last week that you had other pieces of equipment that had not arrived yet either. Please let me know of a sensible solution so I can get the laser delivered."

This is a lie, we spoke on (Thursday or) Friday the (3rd or) 4th and he said he will bring the machine on Saturday! He also quickly tries to claim that the "custom color order is not refundable" luckily I have the email saying that only the down payment is non refundable. So he gets to keep $3,324 because he has a 100% brand new machine in a different color. I assume he can sell it with ease anyway and make a nice profit.

So I fired back another email @ 3:10pm:

"I ordered the machine two months ago. You said end of September was no problem (lie?). That didn’t happen. THEN, not hearing from you, I emailed and called. You said Saturday morning delivery (lie?). That didn’t happen. NOT EVEN A PHONE CALL!

Not once did you updated me on the status of the machine order. Not once did you suggest or bring up the fact that the machine might not make it. Not once did you offer another machine in it’s place. I COUNTED on that machine being at our grand opening, you knew that. You never called, no emails, NOTHING. I kept reaching out to you for updates, but unless it was for payment, then you were really quick to e-mail me.

As for “non-refundable” here’s a quote from your email from 07/26/13. I underlined “deposit.” (attached his email stating so)

As for other pieces of equipment, they arrived. And one dealer made sure I had a demo machine for the event, while I waited for the one we ordered to arrive. Good business practice. Keep the $3,324 “non-refundable” deposit, give me my $10,000 back and I’ll let the world know how you do business. This is not a threat of any kind, I’ll just post up my version of what happened (didn’t happen) on public forums, you are free to do the same.
    Or you can refund the entire amount and we’ll just go our separate ways silently. Since you gave us a “great deal,” a paint job is not going to keep you from selling that machine for the exact same price or even more.
    You may have the best machine for the money, but because of your actions/inactions, I no longer want any kind of business relationship with your company. Do not attempt delivery."

John Kaspar replied the same day again @ 3:27pm:

"Since you have problems remembering things here is a copy of the email I sent outlining the 8 week time frame which puts us to this week. 8 weeks from 8/5 order date. Also, your balance due was due 9/1 and I had to call you to check on the payment. So it is ok for you to take an extra 10 days to pay but others can not have extra days for delivery.
    I agree I would rather not deal with someone that twists the facts. I will refund your 10k less the non refundable deposit. Since this is what we agreed to in writing. Where would you like the check mailed to?"

So in this email he claims that it's perfectly OK to deliver the machine a week AFTER my grand opening AND he claims that he had to call to check on the payment (which was wired on the 6th and received the same day. Six days not ten.). No effort to apologize, nothing. I'm accused of "twisting the facts." All I wanted was a machine on my floor on the 6th or some sort of effort to help me with the situation. He made NO effort to resolve this situation. He KNEW that the machine was not going to make it, and made no effort to inform us. No effort to perhaps give us a loaner machine. NOT EVEN A PHONE CALL!

My last email with John Kaspar of Hurricane Lasers @ 4:46pm:

"I see that you have nothing to say about your lack of customer care or efforts to help your customers in their most critical time. There was no harm in my being a few days late with the balance of the payment. You called me, I told you honestly that I would be a few days late. I called you and you lied about delivery. There is the difference!
    There was tremendous harm in you not doing the things I asked and lying to me about the verbal “end of September delivery not a problem” and then again with the “Saturday morning delivery.” You have nothing to say about that? You KNEW when our grand opening was.
    Wire the money to: XXXX Or send a check to: XXXX"

I have called Hurricane Lasers (855) 552-7377 at least 6 times over the last two weeks. I have either left a voice mail, left a message with the receptionist. I've even got a "hold on I'll get him" and it goes to voice-mail.

It has been over THREE WEEKS since our last email exchange and NOTHING has happened. No check received, no money transferred. I tired twice to call him again today. But he would not take my calls. John Kaspar and/or Hurricane Lasers owes me (at least) $10,000, if not the entire $13,324. I was really hoping to work this out. But I don't have much recourse, he has all of my money. I cannot even purchase another laser because I need this money back first. Legal action is my next step.

I wanted to make them one of our vendor/partners, to grow with us as we expand our business to more locations. But, I have made a huge mistake in trusting John Kaspar and it is my opinion that people should be very hesitant to do business with Hurricane Lasers. Perhaps the machines are decent, but I feel that the business practices and ethics are horrible. Caveat Emptor!

Gene Sherman
    Founder / CEO
    Vocademy.com

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by reflexx View Post
    I was hoping to not have to make this public. But after giving John Kaspar (owner of Hurricane lasers) every opportunity to make this right, he has done nothing. I'll try to lay out the facts and hope this helps other make their own decisions as to whether or not to do business with this company. This is not about their machines (I never go the opportunity to use one), rather, this is about my attempt to purchase one and to make Hurricane a vendor/partner for our makerspace.

The most important part of this deal was a delivery in time for our grand opening, two months away (on October 6th). It was a critical day for us. I made this perfectly clear and was told it's no problem repeatedly. He was very excited to be a part of our makerspace.

Here's what happened:

July 20th 2013 - Went to NMB show and met John from Hurricane.

July 24th - Quickly received a quote from John for $13,324.50. Great response. Very pro-active.

July 25th - Asked about getting a gray & white machine instead of shades of green to better fit with our facility. was told "roughly 3 weeks build time, 3 weeks ship time 1 week customs and 1 week assemble, test etc"

July 25th - Asked if a 25% deposit would be enough to get our machine ordered, balance to be paid around September 1st (a month ahead of delivery!).
    July 26th - John replied "That will be fine as long as the 25% deposit is non refundable due to the custom color"

The "custom color" is actually just the standard colors these machine are made in by G. Weike. They (Hurricane) have the Chinese factory paint them green to make them different from the others who import the same machines.

August 1st - John wrote "If you can wire $3324 for the 25% deposit that would be great" and I did a few days later.

August 6th - Received an email from Hurricane with an attached invoice PDF. Invoice clearly states "Ship date 09/25/2013" and payment of $3,324 made. $10,000.50 balance due. I was happy. Machine ordered.

August XX - some back and forth emails about control boards, software, coming out to train, etc... No surprises.

August 30th - In just about every email I ask about delivery. This email from John includes the line "I still anticipate delivery the week before you open. Have a great Holiday week and let me know if we can help any other way." Awesome!

August 30th - In an email, he asks when we will be wiring the rest of the money ($10,000)

September 3rd - I reply "Please give me a few more days and resend your bank info. It’s hectic around here."

September 6th - I wired the entire $10,000. Machine now paid in full.

September 9th - Email from Hurricane with an invoice, confirming zero balance. Ship date on invoice is still 09/25/13. I assume this is from LA harbor or from Las Vegas (their facility). Vegas is 4 hours max, LA Harbor is 2 hours max from us. All going smoothly. Getting excited.

September 24th - emailed John. Questions about size of the machine. We had to cut a bigger opening to get it in the room we want. Also asked about delivery. John replies "The laser is in the air and I expect it next week. We can then schedule the training and delivery at the same time." Ok. So a little concerned, but there's still time and I have my hands full with prepping a brand new facility for our grand opening.

October 2nd - emailed John. I wrote "Was wondering when we should expect our laser? I need to get my two guys here that same day for training. Our Grand Opening is this Sunday, we need at least a day or two to train and make our give-aways / samples. As we discussed, you (or your tech) are still coming to train us and install the same day?" NO REPLY. Getting concerned.

October 3rd (Wednesday) - I called, left a message with the receptionist. NO REPLY.

October 3th (Thursday) - I called twice, left a message with the receptionist and on his voicemail. NO REPLY. What the hell is happening? Opening day is Sunday. No machine. No reply. I have people coming to see this cool technology. I wanted to cut a bunch of cool dog-tags to give away and custom engrave water bottles to sell. Too late for that.

October 4th (Friday) - I called, and (luckily?) John answers. "We will be there with the machine tomorrow morning!" I let him know that I was disappointed in the lack of communication, but at this point relieved to know that it's coming. At least I'll have a machine to show my new members and the community. To be forthright, I don't recall if this conversation happened Thursday or Friday. There was A LOT going on!

October 5th (Saturday) - No machine. No calls. No answer at Hurricane. I don't have any cell numbers. Nothing. I am heartbroken.

October 6th (Sunday - Grand Opening) - So much happening, but I find time to email John. Here's the entire email: "Not sure how to start this email. Where is my laser? It is October 6th. You promised the machine a week before my Grand Opening, then one day before (after I CALLED to find out). Now it’s the most important day to my company’s future and there is no machine here. I promised people to see the machine. I planned on making give-aways on that machine. I planned on offering items for sale that I was going to make on that machine. It was going to be the centerpiece of the day. I wanted a few days to train my guys. You said you would personally come down to train and help set up.
    I ordered the machine TWO MONTHS AGO. I paid you as agreed, in full a month ago. Now you have all my precious money and I have nothing.
    You have not called, made no attempt to contact me to keep me updated. No offer of a temp machine. Nothing."

October 7th (Monday) called, left a message with receptionist, she states "John is not available"

October 8th (Tuesday - two days later) - I received an email @ 1:32pm

"My apologies. Traci and I both have Strep and were out Thursday afternoon on. You laser is in LA airport and is being trucked over to me Wednesday. we can deliver it this weekend, Let me know what time works for you and your team."

At this point I am livid and I respond with an email (since he's still not answering my calls!) @ 2:01pm:

"That’s it? “My apologies.” An apology is not enough at this point and again (you) have made ZERO effort to address my issues. I understand you were out sick. But you have employees, and they could have made an effort to contact me and let me know that the machine is not going to make it.
    You have done a very poor job of communicating with us and have been dishonest. I count on my partners/vendors to be pro-active, truthful and let me know what’s happening BEFORE, not after.
    I’d like to cancel this order. The machine not being here on opening day has cost me membership and reputation. You not being honest about delivery, not communicating and not offering a loaner (or any other recourse), has cost you the sale. We can keep this civil and easy, or I can go on the internet with how this turns out."

He replies the same day in an email (instead of calling) @ 2:04pm:

"I spoke with you last week and told you it was at the airport and was awaiting customs and that i would let you know when it arrived. No misleading here. Also, per our emails the custom color order is not refundable. There is no dishonesty here. Additionally, you stated last week that you had other pieces of equipment that had not arrived yet either. Please let me know of a sensible solution so I can get the laser delivered."

This is a lie, we spoke on (Thursday or) Friday the (3rd or) 4th and he said he will bring the machine on Saturday! He also quickly tries to claim that the "custom color order is not refundable" luckily I have the email saying that only the down payment is non refundable. So he gets to keep $3,324 because he has a 100% brand new machine in a different color. I assume he can sell it with ease anyway and make a nice profit.

So I fired back another email @ 3:10pm:

"I ordered the machine two months ago. You said end of September was no problem (lie?). That didn’t happen. THEN, not hearing from you, I emailed and called. You said Saturday morning delivery (lie?). That didn’t happen. NOT EVEN A PHONE CALL!

Not once did you updated me on the status of the machine order. Not once did you suggest or bring up the fact that the machine might not make it. Not once did you offer another machine in it’s place. I COUNTED on that machine being at our grand opening, you knew that. You never called, no emails, NOTHING. I kept reaching out to you for updates, but unless it was for payment, then you were really quick to e-mail me.

As for “non-refundable” here’s a quote from your email from 07/26/13. I underlined “deposit.” (attached his email stating so)

As for other pieces of equipment, they arrived. And one dealer made sure I had a demo machine for the event, while I waited for the one we ordered to arrive. Good business practice. Keep the $3,324 “non-refundable” deposit, give me my $10,000 back and I’ll let the world know how you do business. This is not a threat of any kind, I’ll just post up my version of what happened (didn’t happen) on public forums, you are free to do the same.
    Or you can refund the entire amount and we’ll just go our separate ways silently. Since you gave us a “great deal,” a paint job is not going to keep you from selling that machine for the exact same price or even more.
    You may have the best machine for the money, but because of your actions/inactions, I no longer want any kind of business relationship with your company. Do not attempt delivery."

John Kaspar replied the same day again @ 3:27pm:

"Since you have problems remembering things here is a copy of the email I sent outlining the 8 week time frame which puts us to this week. 8 weeks from 8/5 order date. Also, your balance due was due 9/1 and I had to call you to check on the payment. So it is ok for you to take an extra 10 days to pay but others can not have extra days for delivery.
    I agree I would rather not deal with someone that twists the facts. I will refund your 10k less the non refundable deposit. Since this is what we agreed to in writing. Where would you like the check mailed to?"

So in this email he claims that it's perfectly OK to deliver the machine a week AFTER my grand opening AND he claims that he had to call to check on the payment (which was wired on the 6th and received the same day. Six days not ten.). No effort to apologize, nothing. I'm accused of "twisting the facts." All I wanted was a machine on my floor on the 6th or some sort of effort to help me with the situation. He made NO effort to resolve this situation. He KNEW that the machine was not going to make it, and made no effort to inform us. No effort to perhaps give us a loaner machine. NOT EVEN A PHONE CALL!

My last email with John Kaspar of Hurricane Lasers @ 4:46pm:

"I see that you have nothing to say about your lack of customer care or efforts to help your customers in their most critical time. There was no harm in my being a few days late with the balance of the payment. You called me, I told you honestly that I would be a few days late. I called you and you lied about delivery. There is the difference!
    There was tremendous harm in you not doing the things I asked and lying to me about the verbal “end of September delivery not a problem” and then again with the “Saturday morning delivery.” You have nothing to say about that? You KNEW when our grand opening was.
    Wire the money to: XXXX Or send a check to: XXXX"

I have called Hurricane Lasers (855) 552-7377 at least 6 times over the last two weeks. I have either left a voice mail, left a message with the receptionist. I've even got a "hold on I'll get him" and it goes to voice-mail.

It has been over THREE WEEKS since our last email exchange and NOTHING has happened. No check received, no money transferred. I tired twice to call him again today. But he would not take my calls. John Kaspar and/or Hurricane Lasers owes me (at least) $10,000, if not the entire $13,324. I was really hoping to work this out. But I don't have much recourse, he has all of my money. I cannot even purchase another laser because I need this money back first. Legal action is my next step.

I wanted to make them one of our vendor/partners, to grow with us as we expand our business to more locations. But, I have made a huge mistake in trusting John Kaspar and it is my opinion that people should be very hesitant to do business with Hurricane Lasers. Perhaps the machines are decent, but I feel that the business practices and ethics are horrible. Caveat Emptor!

Gene Sherman
    Founder / CEO
    Vocademy.com
    so you trusted someone with the future of your business. and how did they earn that trust from you? you've been working with them for years and time and time again they've demonstrated that they deliver on time? oh its someone you just met on a trade show floor? hmm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

They were to be one of our many vendor/partners. The others have come though and very well. Trust has to start somewhere. I chose the wrong company in this case.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with John Kaspar, I have inquired at Hurricane Laser got good emails from John. I was hoping maybe to do business with him after I got screwed from Full Spectrum Laser. But I'm having second thoughts now. I need a new Laser and every where I turn I'm hearing problems either with the laser or the support. I've looked at Thunder, and legacy, several of the imports and I still can't decide, was going to Hurricane because there not to far from me but far enough to make it difficult if they become difficult. Guess I might try fixing this one again. I'm at a loss here.
    Keep us posted on what happens .Would like to know if you get your money back. I know if someone stole 13 K from me they would find me sitting on there doorstep when thay came to work next day

Hurricane21

John here from Hurricane Lasers,

Without going into too much detail of our dealings with Vocademy I would like to point out in Gene's own words above in July 25th that it would take

Which if my math is correct is about 8 weeks from August 1st order date or about October 1 delivery. As with any imports I always tell customers that dates are estimates as we can not control the government customs and FDA times. Especially since the government shutdown has affected many import times.

Gene could have easily accepted the machine that week and been up and running rather than cancelling the order and losing his deposit for a custom order. I will be processing his refund shortly as soon as that custom machine is sold that is not our ordinary machine which I will sell at a loss.

If anyone has questions please read our many positive comments on cnczone and sawmill creek. We can also provide hundreds of references from satisfied customers.

Thank you and have a great day!

John Kaspar
    Hurricane Lasers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll be happy to go into more detail about our "dealings" until I get my money back.....

Without going into too much detail of our dealings with Vocademy I would like to point out in Gene's own words above in July 25th that it would take <---the comments in quotes below are out of YOUR email, not my words.

July 25th - Asked about getting a gray & white machine instead of shades of green to better fit with our facility. was told "roughly 3 weeks build time, 3 weeks ship time 1 week customs and 1 week assemble, test etc" <--- that's what YOU wrote to me!

Which if my math is correct is about 8 weeks from August 1st order date or about October 1 delivery. <---Yes, October 1st would have been awesome. But then you became silent and didn't answer my phone calls or emails. ALL you had to do was call and SAY or EMAIL saying that the machine might not make it, perhaps offer a loaner, or make other plans/suggestions. But NO, you just ignored my calls and emails until AFTER our event.

As with any imports I always tell customers that dates are estimates as we can not control the government customs and FDA times. <---You cannot control them, agreed. but you CAN control letting your customers know that you will miss the deadline. Customs do not contol you or your employees from using a phone or a computer. One HONEST phone call may have prevented ALL of this. But you chose to call me and lie by telling me that you're coming on the day before. I like how you conveniently omit any response to that.

Especially since the government shutdown has affected many import times. <---WTF does this have to do with my order? The shut down happened in mid OCTOBER and have nothing to do with this? I would have understood if that happened. Nice attempt at point the finger elsewhere.

Gene could have easily accepted the machine that week and been up and running rather than cancelling the order and losing his deposit for a custom order. <---OK. I'm not sure how to make myself more understood. Let me try the wedding cake analogy. I needed this machine for the wedding day. The day 300 people were here, the mayor, the press and my future customers. This HURT my business because I trusted you. The machine (cake) not being there disappointed many of our guests/members! An (email) offering to deliver the cake AFTER the wedding is NOT THE SAME. Plus, why would I want anything to do with the baker that lied, is keeping a chunk of my money AND became silent instead of offering ANYTHING else for the wedding day?

I will be processing his refund shortly as soon as that custom machine is sold that is not our ordinary machine which I will sell at a loss. <---and again you choose to be dishonest. You said you will send me a check. Your email on October 8th states: " I will refund your 10k less the non refundable deposit. Since this is what we agreed to in writing. Where would you like the check mailed to?" Nothing about waiting for the machine to sell. Again, you left out information that damages my business. I cannot buy another laser because you have my money! Please define "shortly." I've been waiting for almost FOUR weeks now.

I will be processing his refund shortly as soon as that custom machine is sold that is not our ordinary machine which I will sell at a loss. <--So you claim that you will sell this machine at a loss because it's a different COLOR? 100% as functional as any other machine you sell, but shades of grey instead of green? Really? You will not be able to sell a $19,000 machine for the same $13,324 you offered me? Would you like me to attache an image of the invoice with the $5,711 discount? So if I help you sell that machine for $13,324, you'll give me ALL of my money back? This is the same invoice that clearly has a September 25th shipping date too.

Nobody is going to believe that you will sell that machine at a loss because of color. I've even attached some images in case others would like to see the differences and judge for themselves. I realize that they are not the same identical model of machine, but the colors are represented well.

All I wanted was my money back, in a reasonable amount of time. I even agreed (didn't argue about) you keeping over three thousand dollars of my money. I called, I waited. Nothing. My next step is to sue you for the entire amount. I don't want to, but you leave me no choice. Refunding me would end this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013-green-jpg   Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013-grey-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Gene Sherman,

First off I feel bad that your laser did not arrive for your grand opening however it makes no sense to start a smear campaign while someone has your $10,000.
    Getting into court might take years.
    Maybe you should re evaluate your approach and apply chocolate frosting otherwise you might be missing a lot of dough for the foreseeable future.

JoeyB

A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm going to have to agree with Reflexx John, You will not take a loss on that machine. In Fact I'll bet you'll get more then the 13000 + you were going to sell it to Reflexx for. No one buys your machines because their green. I would venture to say not many people really care what color the machine is as long as it works and has the support needed to keep it working, and get straight honest answers from their vendor. I also agree with him about the refund. You said full refund minus the 3k+ for the custom paint and he agreed to that. (I would never give up 3K because I got lied to) Then you turn around and tell him he has to wait for his refund till you sell the machine. NOT NICE JOHN you said you'd cut him a check and you should have done so. A law suit which clearly looks in his favor is going to cost you a lot more then 13K, your going to end up paying court costs his lawyer fees plus your fees and then he might get compensation for lost business and further loss of business in the future because he couldn't show prospective business clients or student or what ever because the machine wasn't there. Plus the loss of future sales for you because of what people are going to read here. I for one have lost confidence in you , I wouldn't know now if I could trust you to follow thru after the sale anymore. John go thru the forum and read about your next door neighbor and how many sales he's lost because of his business practices , how many people here on the zone, and the creek said they were considering his and then bought something else because of what they read here and there. The very best thing you could do for yourself and your company is to Man Up cut that guy a full 13k check, say your sorry for all the confusion and this will all blow over in a week and you good to go. Not like your neighbor who's going to be fighting bad publicity for ever. I'm still stuck here with one of his thats doesn't work right and hasn't worked right from the day I bought , till I had an outside person work on it and get it going , but now its gone again. I will admit that this time is partly my fault but it should be fixable and the software , firmware is giving me a hard time. anyway that s beside the point the point is take care of this guy unless your prepared to loose a lot of business in the future.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No, I think we should start a court fund for reflex as this treatment he received and the amount that was perceived to not be refunded is "not realistic" , I think a court of law would be in favour of a total refund as to non delivery when promised.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane21 View Post
    John here from Hurricane Lasers,

Which if my math is correct is about 8 weeks from August 1st order date or about October 1 delivery. As with any imports I always tell customers that dates are estimates as we can not control the government customs and FDA times. Especially since the government shutdown has affected many import times.

Gene could have easily accepted the machine that week and been up and running rather than cancelling the order and losing his deposit for a custom order. I will be processing his refund shortly as soon as that custom machine is sold that is not our ordinary machine which I will sell at a loss.

John Kaspar
    Hurricane Lasers
    First, the gov't "shutdown" happened after the requested delivery date... Your argument brings that issue all the more into question.
    Second... We all know the agreed upon purchase price. Given that YOU've said you will sell it at a loss, a fair question is just exactly how much loss? Since you're keeping the 'non-refundable' deposit, that means you'll sell it for the agreed upon price, less the deposit, and less the amount you're willing to lose due to the unusual color. Am I correct in that presumption?

Bottom line, since you admit that the machine has been built, and presumably shipped by now, and you're trying to sell to recoup your loss, what is the current price?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

John sounds pretty shady, type of guy that bends over backwards to please - Until he gets his hands on the loot.
    You are not going to take a loss because of color, you think this is a sesame street forum or something ? You really ought to refund in total, I know if I got scammed like that I'd be knocking at your front door about now.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

John,

I know what the trade price of the Weike machine is my friend, you're not helping your cause by delaying things. I'm not a huge supporter of singular scathing reviews about any company (they will always have some kind of bias) and can often only really provide one side of the story (No offence intended Gene).

That said, at this juncture John if it were me I'd take any loss incurred and refund in full, the collateral damage for doing otherwise could be incalculable. Remember, even rumour repeated enough times is accepted as fact.

cheers

Dave

ps: I'm not saying either side is right or wrong, or taking a "side" as to be honest it's none of my business but from a purely business point of view a full refund could be looked on as a damage prevention exercise.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    John,

I know what the trade price of the Weike machine is my friend, you're not helping your cause by delaying things. I'm not a huge supporter of singular scathing reviews about any company (they will always have some kind of bias) and can often only really provide one side of the story (No offence intended Gene).

That said, at this juncture John if it were me I'd take any loss incurred and refund in full, the collateral damage for doing otherwise could be incalculable. Remember, even rumour repeated enough times is accepted as fact.

cheers

Dave

ps: I'm not saying either side is right or wrong, or taking a "side" as to be honest it's none of my business but from a purely business point of view a full refund could be looked on as a damage prevention exercise.
    So Dave... From a business standpoint, is my query about the price of the machine reasonable? After all, if John really needs to unload it, here's an opportunity to turn this situation around, do the right thing, and regain some lost PR ground while maintaining a reasonable profit!

Downloads
    Uploads

John,
    If you said the color, at that price, was not refundable, were you expecting to be asked for a refund?
    Looks like obscene green to me.

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

John,

Personally, I'd give you more money to have the standard Weike gray. When I looked at your site my immediate thought, was whether I could get it in another colour.

You didn't respond to my email for two weeks. Never mind, your supplier already told me you can't get that software working. Your spare parts and options are 3-4X what they cost in China. You clearly don't have much stock on hand - and could not ship this guy a loan machine. With customer service like that on a machine that you are making at least 100% markup and can be ordered easily by anyone - I'm hard pressed to understand why anyone would buy from you?

Be the bigger man, cut the guy a check that won't bounce and chalk it up to a learning experience. He could well be a complete pain in the neck, but you still have a business to run. I doubt this would have cost you too much.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for all the positive feedback gents. Still no word.

I was hoping that by just biting the ($3,324) bullet, I would get most of my money back. I need to get a machine, because I have people waiting to take classes and make things. But playing nice and being as reasonable as possible hasn't worked.

It's coming up on a month and still no contact from him. He did post here to try to save face, but made no effort to respond to me in any form. Yet again, no phone call, no email and no check (or even a hint of when I would see it.).

My dilemma is that he is in another state (NV, I am in CA) and suing will be a monumental hassle and would take more of my precious time. If I do go the legal route, there will certainly be additional damages sought.

If John does do the right thing and refund me the ENTIRE amount, I will go away and consider this the past. Otherwise, I will continue to let others know about what happened to me on this forum and many others that I am a long-standing member of. My reputation on the internet and IRL is long and very solid.

Gene Sherman

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

double posted for some reason.

Downloads
    Uploads

Now I'm looking at the Company gweike website and i see these machines normally come in that gray that Hurricane charged 3000 dollars for. It wasn't custom paint at all this is the normal colors of the machine. and 3000 dollar to paint a laser engrave, thats highway robbery. I can have a car custom painted for way less then that come on.3K to paint 10 sq feet of sheet metal. I've now lost all faith in Hurricane and will definitely be looking someplace else. I might have reconsidered if Gene had gotten some response but its clear here that he's taking lessons from Henry the dollar first and the hell with the customer.

Hurricane21

While each person is entitled to their opinion all Gene had to do was accept the machine on Tuesday after Saturday event and all would be fine. Instead he refused delivery because it was later than he wanted. Anyone that has imported anything knows that zero dates are in stone.

The machine also does not have all of our regular features and as such will command a lower price I have a school that is looking at it for the reduced price as they are not as particular. If you look at almost every other company that sells lasers they have a restocking fee or cancellation fee. This is standard in the industry. Perhaps as Joey Bag said , Perhaps Gene should have been a little more patient and reasonable about getting his refund than calling and yelling at us.

Hopefully I will trust that the hundreds of positive reviews will out weight this one negative feed.

As for those that say our goods are more than China, Duh! How else do you pay your staff that spends hours a day on the phone giving customer support. We also give a 2 year warranty that exceeds the Gweike and China warranty. That costs money. We also use US optics that cost more money.

As for Swarf I am not sure what you are referring to regarding our Engravelab software. CADLink has been selling that software for over 25 years and it is used by many companies including Epilog for the picture software.

This is another feature that differentiates us from the other Chinese importers.

At the end of the day Gene still needs a laser and cancelling this order for being a few days later than what he wanted and was outside my control is ludicrous. If he still wants the laser he can have it and not lose anything. Or I will refund him the agreed upon price and sell the laser to the school or another customer that appreciates what we have to offer.

Thank you to everyone for the input.

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane21 View Post

The machine also does not have all of our regular features and as such will command a lower price I have a school that is looking at it for the reduced price as they are not as particular.

John
    Maybe I've missed something here, but it would seem odd that someone willing to pay extra for a non-standard color would also want a machine with not all of the "regular features".... Like, Dear Haas: Please provide me a VF5 with no options, and paint it fire engine red. Color is more important than functionality. Thank you.

Sure.

In any case, I have to presume that John has not read my previous question where I ask exactly what the price is. If a publicly funded school is interested, the price won't be a secret, it can't be. I know first hand that it can't be in the State of Nevada.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast