Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013 - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 20

Nate,

Like everyone in Washington, I too have an agenda if we get to chat.

Mine is to bring back hands-on skills and help solve the skills gap. Nothing major.

Gene S.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 20

I know.
    It was kind of a joke.
    What you're doing is awesome and I wish you luck!
    -Nate

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I knew. But if I run into any secret service guys headed to Vegas, I'll ask them to maybe pay him a visit!

Gene S.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're the man!

Downloads
    Uploads

This whole thread is enlightening, but anyone in business knows that the OP should have taken the damn machine. Complaining about the missed delivery date is fine, but refusing delivery of something you prepaid $1000's for???? So stupid I can only assume the OP is new to business.

Yeah, he dealt with the wrong guys, at the wrong time, and the service was terrible but still just because someone gives you a gun and points it at your feet and then dares you to pull the trigger doesn't mean that you didn't shoot yourself in the foot. My own laser buying experience was at least as trying (no working machine on 1 of 2 bought for 6+months, thousands spent on trying to get things right and never really having success. But I didn't start accusing anyone of cheating me or anything, just **** happens with complicated machines coming from overseas and it happened to me a number of times in a row. Would I buy from them again? No, but I sure as hell wouldn't ship the machine back and hope I got a refund either.

Also, following some of the links above. World-lasers.com seems to be MIA, and worldlasers.com is, I think, another outfit (I think associated with the guys at camwood/exfactory as I recall seeing world laser on their listings), FYI

Sorry for the lack of empathy but after reading most of this thread, I thought it needed a little reality added to it. Not defending Hurricane, Not trying to pile on the OP, but I am trying to point out to anyone reading this far that you don't try to return something that's a) traveled half way around the world and b) bought from someone without a great history and reputation and C) unless you have a REALLY good reason for trying to return it. That is as true for a Chinese sourced laser as it is for any but the best US based company. Also, putting up nearly all the money upfront when you are buying relatively locally is a big red flag. Even the chinese companies will let you pay the last 50% just before it leaves their door and send you photos of your machine first.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Gene,

I am very sorry for your experience, I am only in a fraction of the trouble you went through, but John Kasper is at it again, his new alias is Laser-depot-usa.com and he pretty much did the same thing to me.
    He agreed to provide a product at a price and a delivery date, then didn't respond once I became concerned, then didn't respond until I filed a paypal dispute, of course he talked his way out of refunding me, only to find that he was just shining me on to relinquish the paypal hold, I deeply regret closing the dispute. Of course he didn't make delivery date he promised, just some stories, now he refuses to refund my money.

So those that find this forum, can note that John Kasper has relocated, obviously something you only do when you are trying to shed a bad reputation, otherwise if you really had great customer service, you wouldn't want to change your name and brand over and over. hopefully my long standing relationship with my credit card provider can save my money.

so again,
    Buyers Beware, John Kasper is now at Laser Depot USA, aka laserdepotusa.com, aka Home page

I guess its unfortunate that he touts american service, but really isn't doing it justice. what happened to holding up to your word, offering and meeting that agreement, and just don't make promises you can't keep.

I have a chain of emails, not really going to post them unless they are requested. Just know that he is a talker, but once you pay, its just a gamble I won't make again.

those that were curious, it was a purchase of a PURI PRH-1800 160W laser Tube with a set of Meller Optics, had talked me into a great sounding deal, $1500 out the door, but I guess it was too good to be true.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also posted this on another thread. Looks like I'm late in finding this thread while looking up info about Full Spectrum Laser, and after reading this thread and the others about Gene's troubles with the Kaspars, I am saddened to see this type of a scam take place. Not wanting to dig up old wounds, I hope Gene found some resolution with this character. I'm curious to find out what happened next (after spending the last few hours reading page after page of this thrilling story). If this finds you, it appears your makerspace is up in full swing and rather successful I might say, so I am happy to find out you eventually moved on and found success in your ventures.

I found the old court documents of 2013-2014 while looking up John and his wife Traci (facebook.com/traci.kaspar) (it appears they are still at it today with their current company Laser Depot USA, with a previous stint as VIP Lasers), and looks like the husband and wife have both had unethical business practices for years. John's mention of having "differing opinions on business practices", actually meant that he had stolen, sabotaged, extorted and defrauded his former employer in order to directly compete with it. He had taken the job as CFO of Full Spectrum while lying that he was a certified public accountant (requirement for the position), had hired a fake webdesign company to build and maintain their website in which he secretly owned (ran by his wife and daughter; Jenesis Designs), in doing so had full access to trade secrets/contacts/clients/strategies and proprietary information that led to his formation of Hurricane Laser in Florida while still employed by FSL (in order to compete, all while under an NDA), months later he quit the company to focus full time on Hurricane, but continued to steal data as he had full access to their email servers and sabotaged/deleted their data, and stolen/diverted its clients. This case was won in FSL's favor.

Unfortunately many people have been scammed by this couple (not just you), and probably continue to do so to this day from their businesses in Las Vegas...

I wish you well and anyone else who has been hurt by this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good review. Just as an update last heard the Hurricane Lasers / VIP Lasers owners were doing business in Las Vegas as Laser Depot USA - laser-depot-usa.com.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BenM2 View Post
    Good review. Just as an update last heard the Hurricane Lasers / VIP Lasers owners were doing business in Las Vegas as Laser Depot USA - laser-depot-usa.com.
    Is anyone still looking for John Kasper and Traci. Need info? nr280012@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

WOW......I feel for the guy who lost the 13 grand...…..personally I'd have sold the debt to a local bikie gang and had the satisfaction knowing the guy would never be able to do it again......LOL.

BTW....selling a debt to a "collector" means you get a guaranteed 30% of your money back immedisately without any drama and the collector gets 100% plus interest from the other guy..........very cool.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey its Vegas lots of hard up people looking for a fast buck
    If I lost 13k I would be getting somepay back

Last edited by Bigbird48; 01-16-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456