Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013 - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vegas is know for looking out for its own.
    Don Limone is unlikely to bother himself with something so insignificant as $10,000

"What goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas"
    First used by Vince Mangano (who vanished in 1951) so irrelevant, extrapolating that rather infantile train of thought could suggest going to the Nevada Capo and asking for recovery. 12% was the going rate for unpaid debts.

Childish and irrelevant BS aside I'd contact local law enforcement. It's cheaper than lawyers.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    Don Limone is unlikely to bother himself with something so insignificant as $10,000

First used by Vince Mangano (who vanished in 1951) so irrelevant, extrapolating that rather infantile train of thought could suggest going to the Nevada Capo and asking for recovery. 12% was the going rate for unpaid debts.

Childish and irrelevant BS aside I'd contact local law enforcement. It's cheaper than lawyers.

Dave
    Dave,

Unfortunately a judge is the only one that can order the Ghost to return Fredo's money.
    The police will only enforce the judge's orders. The police are not Fredo's minion's.
    Having a confrontation with the Ghost may not turn out well.

Joey "Consiliari" B

A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey ya don't need Don Limone, Vegas is a town run by the underworld and broke gamblers desperate for a few bucks. Its real easy to get somebody's leg broken for a few bucks. The guys that do the breakin make sure the receiver understands the message and they keep their mouths shut afterwards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    Hey ya don't need Don Limone, Vegas is a town run by the underworld and broke gamblers desperate for a few bucks. Its real easy to get somebody's leg broken for a few bucks. The guys that do the breakin make sure the receiver understands the message and they keep their mouths shut afterwards.
    Bird,

Vegas is not Sesame Street. Is plan B sending a flying monkey from the Wizard of Oz?

JoeyB

Downloads
    Uploads

Joey go eat some doughnuts, its pretty obvious you haven't got a clue of what the real world is like, maybe you live on sesame st, or in oz I don't know.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    Joey go eat some doughnuts, its pretty obvious you haven't got a clue of what the real world is like, maybe you live on sesame st, or in oz I don't know.

Bird,

Laws against verbal threats are in effect for all fifty states. Threatening a person with immediate or pending harm is an arrest-able offense.
    Consuming a long john is legal in most municipality's including Las Vegas.

JoeyB

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by acannell View Post
    so you trusted someone with the future of your business. and how did they earn that trust from you? you've been working with them for years and time and time again they've demonstrated that they deliver on time? oh its someone you just met on a trade show floor? hmm
    Hey when your starting a new venture and you need new equipment A trade show floor or corporate offices of the the people you want to do business with would seem like a good place to start. Looks to me as Gene did his research, talked to the company owner after reading good reviews about Hurricane and then got Screwed. Hey acannell how would you do it.?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update: Lawyer sent a letter last week. Still no word, no money, no communication.

How do some people stay in business treating their customers like this? Now I honestly think he NEVER had a machine to deliver, just wanted the money and to see how many people he could sucker in. Instead of refunding us, he chose to do this.

BUYER BEWARE - John Kaspar & HURRICANE LASERS HAVE HAD A CUSTOMERS MONEY SINCE 09/06/2013 AND STILL HAVE NOT REFUNDED A PENNY!

I also found this blog post from a makerspace back in January: www.reversespace.com I wish I had seen this before! I'm trying to get a hold of them.....

" Reverse Space will also this week be talking about our missing $16,000 laser cutter which we paid for by never received from Hurricane Lasers. My family members (Thank You!) has a friend who is a private investigator who helped us for free collect information on Hurricane Lasers. We have about fifty pages of information, photos of their offices, cars, all everything we need to proceed with a legal action if Hurricane still refused to contact us regarding the missing refund check.

We would like to start a national MakerSpace campaign with supporters writing letters to Hurricane Lasers requesting them to give us our money back with the letters being posted on an online forum. This is quite important because we will almost lose most of our money in legal fees with little to nothing left to buy a laser cutter from another company. We need people to help write the letters to the hundreds of other MakerSpaces asking for them also to write letters of support for us. With a strong community effort we hope this should never happen to any MakerSpace ever again. We also need help with online research about Hurricane Lasers. There may be other people whom this has happened to who can join us in a joint lawsuit and save us in legal bills. Below is what we currently have:

1- We also have received the lawsuit of Hurricane Laser’s owners and their former employer Full Spectrum Lasers Case Number (Withheld for privacy) in Clark County Nevada.
    2- Photos of their facility in Vegas. This is important since our previous letters have been returned as a wrong address.
    3- A 2009 article about a previous lawsuit for a company they ran called Win4Charity. I will post the article in our Google group.

Win4Charity executive accused in lawsuit
    Former Internet company’s CEO said to misuse $200,000
    BY VALERIE MILLER
    4- Clark County business license for Hurricane Lasers
    5- Civil/Criminal case recording for the owner of Hurricane Lasers. Seven cases since 2006. That’s a lot by any standard.
    6 – A list of corporations who do business with Hurricane Lasers. I know Inventables.com sells their lasers for example. "

I also see that Hurrican Lasers is going to be an exhibitor at the NMB SHOW in Los Angeles in January. https://thenbmshow.com/los-angeles-2014/exhibitor-list I hope this issue is resolved by then, otherwise I'm printing t-shirts and handing them out to a few dozen volunteers at the show. Then I'll go to all the other laser vendors and let them know what happened as I did here. I'm sure they will help spread the word to all potential customers they interact with.

It's amazing how all this can easily be resolved with a wire transfer or check....

Downloads
    Uploads

I think I'd make T-shirts that said Hurricane laser ripped me off of $13000 of $16000 what ever and stand right by their booth

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pending appeal the case between FSL and Hurricane has been adjudged. A tad over $2,000,000 against Hurricane from the court papers.

cheers

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

That sucks I wish it was the other way around.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Winning a case and getting paid are very often two different things

I won a case a few years back over simple copyright (A design I owned was copied) great an all but never saw a penny from it as the guy went bust. Sure it stopped him and his company from doing it again but other than that achieved very little.

Shutting down companies that cross you is easy, getting your money back is sometimes very hard.

Small companies like Hurricane are unlikely to have $2,000,000 on hand so even if an appeal failed there is little chance of FSL getting paid (this is of course conjecture)

Big shouts about "Ohh I won, I'm the king of the castle, ner ner, ner ner" may look good and puff up Egos but don't actually achieve anything unless you get paid. If you don't then you have just used up time that could have been put to better purpose. That said, If legal action is warranted I never shy away from it, if you do back away you open the flood gates for everybody to take the piss.(that is a lot easier when your lawyers are some of the most feared in the industry though )

cheers

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Still trying to ge more customers, while screwing exisitng ones!

Just received a "Pick your deal, Save up to 35%" email from Hurricane. Looks like they are still "in business."

We started the lawsuit, let's see what happens. It still amazes me that he is trying to get new customers and treating existing ones like this. If this is not resolved, I'll be visiting his booth in LA next month.

BUYER BEWARE: Hurrican Lasers STOLE OUR MONEY!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013-hurr-durr-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks to me like an appropriate add.... It's a gambling game eh?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I got the same email, Seems like maybe there trying to screw everybody, offer great deals get the money then nobody gets what they paid for. Can't trust them to deliver.

Gene, in the mean time if you still need a machine to get you up and runnin give me a call.
    I realize your capital is tied up as well. Maybe we can help out.

Mike

http://www.bosslaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation

The saga continues: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...community.html

It's good to know that other laser companies are stepping up the plate and doing the right thing while Hurricane continues to harm its own reputation.....

Gene S.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

in case someone finds this thread and decides to read all of it. Here's (probably) the last update for all those that have followed this adventure (cross posted in another thread too):

$13,324 that he stole from me has not been refunded, not even the $10,000 that he "agreed" to. Even as recently as last month he LIED AGAIN about returning my money and he DID NOT! I sent him a PDF of the certified letter we sent in November and he even called to say he's looking forward to "putting this behind us." What a piece of $hit. It was just a delay tactic to keep stealing more from others.

If anyone is curious about why HurricaneLasers.com points to 302 Found, it might have had something to do with the judgement against him for $2,7000,000!

Last week, what was HurricaneLasers.com became www.world~lasers.com, with no mention as to why? My guess? To continue to rip people off before he goes under.

I no longer say "BUYER BEWARE!" I say that JOHN KASPAR IS A THIEF AND A LIAR!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 20

I doubt he's a liar... He says its a 100% USA based company (LOL) I guess USA is now part of the CHINA. Your big mistake was ording that mass produced china crap in a custom color. Even if you had got the machine, tech support and service would have been NON EXISTANT. LIve and learn... don't buy Chinese crap !

Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013-usa01-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 20

Hey Gene,

Any chance you can get the President to help us out??? ;-)

-Nate

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast