CTC Tools - Your Thoughts???

Thread: CTC Tools - Your Thoughts???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CTC Tools - Your Thoughts???

Hello,

No doubt I will get flamed for this post, as a low volume customer, but I'll put this out there anyway.

I put my first order in with them a few weeks ago. The postage from Honkers to Australia was quicker than the time it took them to post it. A week to post, 5 days to arrive. I only ordered a few endmills and a collet.

There was an issue with the order, being that a datasheet was incorrect. This issue was sorted by an immediate part refund.

I put another order in nearly 2 weeks ago now, bigger order (around $160 worth). After a week, I asked for the order to be posted, and was promised that they would have it packed the next day. Have not heard back from them since. It has now been 11 days. I sent more emails, and opened a paypal claim and am awaiting the outcome.

Now, to some of you bigger businesses, it might seem trivial. My business is brand new, I am desperately trying to get off the ground with limited funds (superannuation, govt grants). I have jobs and customers waiting because I do not have much tooling as is, this order would have left me with all I needed for current jobs and a good stock to boot.

This has caused me a great deal of stress.

I have a feeling, and I have noticed this with other Hong Kong and Chinese shops, that they advertise products for sale that they do not have in stock. (this practise is illegal in australia btw).

Is this practise of it taking 2 weeks to post an order an accepted practise in this industry? Am I expecting too much? Had this experience with CTC Tools or any others?

Thanks for listening

Ash

Similar Threads:
    Machinists do it with greater precision and less tolerance!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

update: they won't reply to emails and won't respond to the paypal claim. I managed to get a phone number and it is disconnected, and their website has recently stopped working.

still hoping for a +ve outcome but not holding my breath.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How have this turned out? I'm about to order from CTC Tools and read this....
    Any others with shopping experiance from ctc tools?

Thanks!

Kitamura Mycenter 1 -83 with Fanuc 3M-C and Mycenter 1B -85 with 10M control.
    Yes, they are old..... but i still like them!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The items arrived, 15 days it took them to post and the actual postage only took 3 days from Hong Kong to Australia Email blackout for 5 days after promising to post "tomorrow"

I will not be dealing with them again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, thanks for your reply! I suppose that the long delivery might be worth it when there is time for it, because their prices is really decent....

Thanks.

Kitamura Mycenter 1 -83 with Fanuc 3M-C and Mycenter 1B -85 with 10M control.
    Yes, they are old..... but i still like them!

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face ctc tools nice stuff great price

I have ordered ALOT of tool holders from CTC (MT2 stuff not available anywhere in US from anyone). I have also ordered alot of ER collets from them too. I used to order through ebay, but started using their web site, never had a problem with them, shipping took what seemed like forever (a month), but at the prices I couldn't complain. (last time I ordered was this spring) They also always answered my emails (but I really wasn't looking for alot of social interaction or customer service, it's China after all. To give them credit, their English is a whole lot better than my Chinese/Dutch or whatever).
    If you want cheap quality tooling they're great, if you want to chat and socialize your money would be probably better spent at a tavern.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've ordered collets and tooling and been quite happy with the service and products. Exchanged a couple of emails with Mr. Johst to sort out some questions I had and all transactions went smoothly.

My inclination would be to treat your experience as an (unfortunate) exception, rather than the rule.

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ashley
    "that they advertise products for sale that they do not have in stock. (this practise is illegal in australia btw)."...

firstly let me point something out..It Is Not Illegal not to have something in stock!!

I also believe that you were a little too anxoius...be patient...CTC tools does a good job..if you dont like his service then you will have to dicide if you get your gear elsewhere and pay a premium price?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ordered twice from CTC and both times they have delivered within about 2 weeks. I also received emails both to confirm order then again to confirm dispatch. The quality looks great but I have not tried any of the tools yet, I ordered lots of carbide endmills and ball nose bits. I also bought a tap holder and an M5 tap, the tap holder was made in Japan and its great the taps also looks great and only £4 for a set of 3!

It would be great to see more range maybe some roughing bits for woodwork or maybe some v bits for carving. Other than that they have been great.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've dealt with them many times, and never had a problem, they don't communicate very well, but this I've found is standard for almost all Chinese sellers, they also don't mark their parcels as shipped until some time after it's actually it's been shipped I've found, giving the illusion it took ages to send off, and only took a day to travel the world. Again, this seems to be very common for most Chinese sellers. I've never had a shipment take more than a bit over a fortnight, which I would consider exceptionally good for standard postage rates. Bear in mind the standard offering of "express" or "fast" postage often described by Chinese sellers usually means, "not by sea", which can be anywhere between 3 months and never!

If time is so critical to you, unless you're paying for premium or non-standard express shipping, you should reasonably expect parcels from China to take up to a month to arrive in Australia, and should therefore buy locally to get them within a week or so, although you will be paying 2 to 5 times the cost of course. Lodging a paypal claim after less than a fortnight for overseas items is not reasonable. Unless of course you paid extra for non-standard express post? Especially as their normal post is very good usually.

If they arrive earlier, that's a bonus. If they take a little longer, well, their cheap.

cheers,
    Ian

Last edited by aarggh; 04-20-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Treat customers as last stupid no matter how you order them. I previously gave them orders over 3000 usd and all are treated with the ass, do not respond to email 10 days he wondered if goods sent and no response.

Finally I opened a dispute on paypal for money back.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Treat customers as last stupid no matter how you order them. I previously gave them orders over 3000 usd and all are treated with the ass, do not respond to email 10 days he wondered if goods sent and no response.

Finally I opened a dispute on paypal for money back.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am experiencing the same problems: first order was quick (10 days) and communications excellent. Next order (bigger) - did not turn up, no emails were answered - nothing in a month. Will wait another week before lodging Paypal claim. Even if delivery comes through, I don't think I'll buy again. Online sales require first rate communications to keep customer confidence IMO.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CTC Tools - Your Thoughts???

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cobb View Post
    Hello,

No doubt I will get flamed for this post, as a low volume customer, but I'll put this out there anyway.

I put my first order in with them a few weeks ago. The postage from Honkers to Australia was quicker than the time it took them to post it. A week to post, 5 days to arrive. I only ordered a few endmills and a collet.

There was an issue with the order, being that a datasheet was incorrect. This issue was sorted by an immediate part refund.

I put another order in nearly 2 weeks ago now, bigger order (around $160 worth). After a week, I asked for the order to be posted, and was promised that they would have it packed the next day. Have not heard back from them since. It has now been 11 days. I sent more emails, and opened a paypal claim and am awaiting the outcome.

Now, to some of you bigger businesses, it might seem trivial. My business is brand new, I am desperately trying to get off the ground with limited funds (superannuation, govt grants). I have jobs and customers waiting because I do not have much tooling as is, this order would have left me with all I needed for current jobs and a good stock to boot.

This has caused me a great deal of stress.

I have a feeling, and I have noticed this with other Hong Kong and Chinese shops, that they advertise products for sale that they do not have in stock. (this practise is illegal in australia btw).

Is this practise of it taking 2 weeks to post an order an accepted practise in this industry? Am I expecting too much? Had this experience with CTC Tools or any others?

Thanks for listening

Ash
    Ash I have used this company on a number of occasions , they just moved to new outlet in Europe , Holland I think , since they moved there I placed a order about 6 weeks ago items arrived within 2 weeks next order was valued over $300 USD I have now been waiting more than 3 weeks , have emailed them 6 times there given tracking number is not track-able on the DHL site , there service is terrible to the point I also placed a Pay Pal claim hoping to prompt them into action