Hoss's 3D Printers - Page 51

Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1430

Thread: Hoss's 3D Printers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Make sure you're running 32bit Win7, Mach3 can't use the parallel port in 64bit. The driver is installed during the Mach3 install. You'll get better answers in the right forum: Mach Software (ArtSoft software) - CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net!

HF X2 & 8x12; Shopsmith Mark V 520; USCutter MH-871; 50W Laser w/LightObjects controller; Sony A65; CoreXY using Makerslide

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lots of talk earlier on about people who were bailing on their kits.. Anyone still trying to sell a complete or half completed project?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoSantos View Post
    Lots of talk earlier on about people who were bailing on their kits.. Anyone still trying to sell a complete or half completed project?
    Guess not, might have a look on ebay though kit prices are so low it might be better to go that route.
    Hoss

Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- [URL]http://www.g0704.com[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hehe.. Yeah, I spent a day looking through all the alternatives and the usual price creep set in: "awesome, the seemecnc or whatever kit is only 200 bucks! oohh, but for an extra 100, I could grab this other kit.. Well, but for 600 I could buy the even nicer kit! These things take forever to put together though, so maybe I should just spend the thousand bucks and get something fully assemb.. WAIT A MINUTE!! How did I just go from spending $200 on a kit, to over a grand on an assembled 3D printer?!"

So yeah, finding someone who's bailing on a project in a somewhat advanced stage would be ideal for me Anyway, I decided I'll either jump on an opportunity should one present itself (ie, something materializes out of this thread!) or wait until my project list is a bit shorter.. Hard enough to focus on what I have to do as it is!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So if you wanted to have dual heads to print support material,. where would you start?

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have a single head running on a printer now? Start with one. Configure it and run it til you are familiar, then add another head.

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hoss, did you get your Rostock delta printer up and running?

Also, have you seen the DeltaMaker on Kickstarter? Pretty simple design using MakerSlide.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by frostheave View Post
    Hoss, did you get your Rostock delta printer up and running?

Also, have you seen the DeltaMaker on Kickstarter? Pretty simple design using MakerSlide.

If you see there link, the detail in that YODA figurine is pretty amazing!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fastest

yes I have a makerfarm machine up and running. What I am wondering is how to add support to a model, how to slice it, how to designate which head prints what etc....... done a little searching, cant seem to find whare to begin......

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Hoss,

I finished the work on my Behemoth! Thanks for the milling tips! I'm getting there slowly but don't spend near as much time on the mill as I do my printers. I see you are doing a lot of printing as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKZllBCAiUU]Behemoth 3D printer printing! - YouTube

Brendin

Checkout my new Tech Blog! http://xnaron.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Whoa, that is big, kudos!
    I gotta make one with more Z one of these days.
    Hoss

Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- [URL]http://www.g0704.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

The prusa has done me well this year, have made tons of great stuff with it but it's time for something bigger especially in the Z axis.
    The rostock is neat and all but the version from thingiverse I got about 75% done is dead in the water, at least for a while.
    I just want something more traditional but bigger and better.
    I going off the OB14's great design from thingiverse.
    OB1.4 open beam 3D printer by Wired1 - Thingiverse
    The frame rails aren't the biggest but doubled up and reinforced a bit in places will be just fine for my planned 12x12x12 platform. (his is 8x8x8)
    It's kinda like a mendel max but I really like the open front.
    I'm pretty sure I'll keep the prusa intact, maybe for just ABS or a guinea pig for polycarbonate.
    Should be fun.
    Hoss

Downloads
    Uploads

Thats gorgeous! I assume when you start working large format, your tolerances must have to be pretty tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xnaron View Post
    Hi Hoss,

I finished the work on my Behemoth! Thanks for the milling tips! I'm getting there slowly but don't spend near as much time on the mill as I do my printers. I see you are doing a lot of printing as well.

Brendin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Hoss
    I have a ORD-bot hadron and I just about finished up building a expanded version with a build area of 12"x12"x12" I machined all the parts from 1/8" plate alum. The extruder is a copy of the QU-BD that I did all the machining on. Roy at Panucatt Devices is testing a 12"X12" Helios heatbed and will get one as soon as he has them ready.

After some thinking, I decided I needed to lighten the bed some so I took a 3/8" endmill and bored some holes. Now it is lighter than my stock Hadron bed is.

All I have left to do to get it printing wth PLA is the homing switches wired.
    The ORD-Bot Hadron is a solid design and it expanded very easy.

Rodney

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice build, Thanks for the heads up about Panucatt Devices 12x12, I recently ordered their 8x8 so I'll upgrade to the 12x12 when available.
    Hoss

Downloads
    Uploads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2uy6WaGhxs]Junior Veloso's DIY High-Res 3D printer - YouTube

^

This is pretty amazing. (not to water down your thread, or go off topic but figure if you haven't seen this yet, it might make your day haha).

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah I've seen those and although they have fantastic detail I've heard that the parts aren't very structurally solid, a bit on the brittle side.
    I've got a need for solid functioning parts not so much aesthetically appealing with high detail.
    Hoss

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rods UP 9000 View Post
    Hi Hoss
    I have a ORD-bot hadron and I just about finished up building a expanded version with a build area of 12"x12"x12" I machined all the parts from 1/8" plate alum. The extruder is a copy of the QU-BD that I did all the machining on. Roy at Panucatt Devices is testing a 12"X12" Helios heatbed and will get one as soon as he has them ready.

After some thinking, I decided I needed to lighten the bed some so I took a 3/8" endmill and bored some holes. Now it is lighter than my stock Hadron bed is.

All I have left to do to get it printing wth PLA is the homing switches wired.
    The ORD-Bot Hadron is a solid design and it expanded very easy.

Rodney
    Rodney,

That's a really nice build. I assume you have been sharing it with bdring and the rest of the folks on buildlog.net? I looked at your profile and didn't see any additional thread or posts on your build here on CNCZone. Have you been documenting it elsewhere?

I have 6 meters of makerslide I purchased with the intent to make a scaled version of the Hadron and/or bdring's laser cutter.

One question, I suspect you are going to use a heated base. If so are you going to raise it up from the table to isolated it? I would think the metal base would sink a lot of the heat you are trying to keep in the print.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

CRP-4848 CNC Router, CNC G0463 (Sieg X3) Mill, 9"x20" HF CNC Lathe (current project)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Analias
    I really haven't done a build log on it and I do have a thread started on the buildlog.net site for the build area.
    Here is what I have so far. Until I get a heatbed, I'm going to just use PLA and print on cheap glass.
    I just hope Roy has the Helios bed ready soon so I can use ABS.

I'm going to get the glass today and try printing tonight. The extruder is a QU-BD copy. I'm going to play with it and see how well I can get it to print without jamming.

Rodney

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default nylon filament

saw this on phlat forum. Might be interesting.

? Login

Ed

Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast