Bodor BC1309X - Part info - Thoughts/Alternatives

Thread: Bodor BC1309X - Part info - Thoughts/Alternatives

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bodor BC1309X - Part info - Thoughts/Alternatives

Hi All,

So we are based in the UK and are in the market for a Laser cutter.

We are toying with the idea of bypassing the UK suppliers and heading directly to the suppliers in China to get one shipped over.

I've not used a laser cutter before but we have a CNC machine in my workshop so I figure its pretty similar in terms of software and how its used. The machine will be used for a mix of cutting and engraving so I want something that will work for both.

I see so many differing posts on here from the "Chinese lasers are rubbish" to "Mine works perfectly well and makes me money" its a little confusing to know what to pick. Ultimately the machine that Bodor have offered me is leagues above what I can afford in the UK so it would be good to know of anyone who has bought from Bodar in the recent 12 months. I have read wwrendorf's blog which was a massive help but there are still hundreds of differing opinions on here.

Engraving - This is a big one, there are so many differing views on the tube and powers required. Bodor have offered me a 150w Reci tube, I noticed after reading through the posts that wwrendorf had no issues with engraving but then others have talked about Reci tubes being useless for engraving.

Servo Motors - There have been a number of differing posts on whether servo's are worth it on a laser cutter or not. Thoughts?

Bodor - A good company to buy from? Is there a better company to choose? They have been extremely helpful so far and more than happy to chat about the requirements we have.

Aftersales - Has anyone needed to use a chinese supplier for after sales support? I did read one post on here where the buyer had a huge amount of issues with Bodor however the unit had been damaged in transit which kind of makes it a different kettle of fish for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Sweet!