Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU - Page 8

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Hi Wade, hope everything is great, i have been reading your post for a long time, i went to bodor because this post, thank you so much.Actually im waiting for my BCLx 1390 130w. im really excited also a bit nervous, since this is my first big machine and im just have my business from one year ago. so i hope everything will be ok and make great stuff and designs with it. i want to ask you about the the electrical, i ordered 220v, but i dont know if i will need something like a voltage regulator or satabilizer, also about the distilled water and the rv coolant, maybe can you share some info with me. some advice. thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi 3dLabCo,

I'm afraid I don't know what kind of 220v power you have there. Here in the US, we have 2 legs of 110v power to make up the 220v, but I know other countries are 1 leg of 220v. This is something you will have to discuss with your salesperson. They will be able to answer your questions and if they don't know the answer, they can contact their engineers.

As far as the RV coolant goes, it is the coolant that you put into water lines in cold temperature climates to keep them from freezing over the winter. I mixed 1 gallon of RV coolant with 1 gallon of distilled water and it has been working great. You DO NOT want to use the coolant that would go into the engine, that WILL corrode your chiller and cause problems.

Hope that helps,
    Wade

Downloads
    Uploads

Also, here is a video I did on using corel draw. It's got a nice little timelapse of the final design output at the end.

Hope it helps someone.

Wade

Downloads
    Uploads

Not too much new on the Bodor. It's been running great, with no problems.

I have a small series of videos going right now on digitizing with CorelDraw.

Here is the link if anyone needs some help with this great software!

https://www.youtube.com/user/mandalaroseworks

Wade

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the detailed review of your experience.
    I'm looking to order a mini fiber laser for engraving from bodor.

Downloads
    Uploads

- They sent me the software to install and test out and I did NOT need a dongle to run the software!
    - The software supports dashed line etching, as well as 3d Lasering.

Hello Wade
    First, I'm apologize for my basic english.
    I'm living in Mexico and I'm looking for the same model , probably with 150W.
    I have many doubts, and i hope don't disturb you to much. For sure I will send you all my concerns before I take my desicion.

Have you made some engraved with deep parts? I saw some videos amazing and realistic engraved by Kern or Trotec machines.
    How deep can you get with 100/130W woorking onto wood (pine)
    A powerfull laser could decrease the engraving quality? Is there a balance between power and resolution?
    My idea is start a little bussines in publicity but i don't want lose the posibility to cut MDF or Playwood around 12 or 16mm?
    I'would appreciate your recomendations
    Thanks
    Alberto

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys,

New to laser, almost no knowledge and i would like your opinions about Bodor BCL-1006x.
    Until now is the only affordable laser i found and before i buy i would like to know if someone of you have one or worked ever with one.
    Are they good machines, does it worth the money?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the BCL-1309X and yes, it's a great machine. The BCL-1006X is the same, just smaller.

I'm very happy with mine, although I suggest NOT using the autofocus. It caused a friend of mine some troubles when the autofocus did not work right. The "button" that stops the bed from moving up jammed and her material go stuck under the lens tube.

I just use the spacer block to set focus now.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks wwendorf, i appreciate your respond.

What about the set up, is it easy to configure and align it?

If i need any help since you have almost the same can i contact you for guidance?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wade, I hit you up on your Facebook page and that how I ended up here. Not sure if you will get this, the last thread was a month ago. I was wondering if you have any knowledge of the emergency stop button. I inadvertently pressed it, and it did what it is supposed to but I have since not been able to get any power back, I'm sure there is probably a relay/reset button or circuit breaker that I am unaware of and cannot find. So basically I have a brand new large expensive garage decoration. Any help would be very appreciated.

V/r
    Wayne in NC.

Downloads
    Uploads

All you should have to do to release the estop is to give it a twist, either left or right, I can't remember, and it will pop back out.

Hope that fixes your problem.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yep, just a slight clockwise turn will allow the emerg stop to pop up! Make sure the "breaker" on the back is also engaged.

Cheers,

Steve.

Bodor BCL-1006x 80w, Rotary, CW3000

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

nice

Last edited by Imcclellan; 11-17-2016 at 11:59 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wade, just started looking at Bodor since my Glowforge order has been delayed another 3-6 months.

Can your model do 3D engraving? As I understand that process involves engraving a gray-scale image where the laser cutting depth is adjusted by continuously changing the cutting power so that darker portions of the image are cut deeper than the lighter portions of the image. If you've tried that can you comment on difficulty of the process and your satisfaction with the end result?

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Quote Originally Posted by wwendorf View Post
    Hi 3dLabCo,

I'm afraid I don't know what kind of 220v power you have there. Here in the US, we have 2 legs of 110v power to make up the 220v, but I know other countries are 1 leg of 220v. This is something you will have to discuss with your salesperson. They will be able to answer your questions and if they don't know the answer, they can contact their engineers.

As far as the RV coolant goes, it is the coolant that you put into water lines in cold temperature climates to keep them from freezing over the winter. I mixed 1 gallon of RV coolant with 1 gallon of distilled water and it has been working great. You DO NOT want to use the coolant that would go into the engine, that WILL corrode your chiller and cause problems.

Hope that helps,
    Wade
    Hello Wade,

First of all, sorry my English is not my first lang.

I registered in the forum just to say many many THANK YOU for your review, It helped me a lot with my decision, and you answered all my questions without even asking.
    I am glad to meet someone as kind and generous as you are.

I was planning to buy Bodor machine and found your review in the search results.
    I am still thinking about it, because I prefer to buy European ones, they seem more stable.
    I took your review into consideration, because you wrote your personal experience.

I saw the pictures you posted, all your work is very beautiful.

Best wishes,, Sam

Downloads
    Uploads

Hope your experience is better than what I've read...and seen. Some Bodor units having issues with rust on frames. Their overseas support has also ran into difficulty especially when the issue gets more involved which is often the case with imports...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...od-option.html

Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't heard about any units having rust on the frames. I will agree with the overseas support tho. I'm very tech saavy, so when I have had questions, I was able to figure things out. However, I have a friend who got a machine just like mine, and she's had a number of problems with hers, and support has been marginal. She's had to replace power supply, tube, controller and electronics power supply, as well as a get a bit vocal on social media about her problems and issues to get resolution. I did have a problem with the power supply on mine, and one of my customers bought a machine like mine, and had power supply issues with it as well, so we had to replace his power supply.

That all being said, she still likes her machine, and does great work on it.

I believe that is is a well built and well designed machine, but it seems like everything from China, there are faults with it.

Anyone ordering one, I highly recommend they get a spare power supply for the laser. Just to play it safe.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah I did a full clean up on the machine yesterday. Finding rusted places as well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My bodor has rust on it as well after a clean up last week on it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Imcclellan View Post
    My Bodor has rust on it as well after a clean up last week on it.
    Not uncommon to let the bare frames set outside or to save $ they don't prime the metal before painting. The result is cabinets oxidize pretty quick... even before it arrives to the US. To mitigate
    the problem they grease up the exterior of the machine. I've read of others with the same problem.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast