Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU - Page 2

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any update on the shipping of the Laser? How long has it been and how long did they estimate it to arrive to you? We are in the process of talking to them about placing an order as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Laser has hit the U.S. and is being transferred to my local port. It arrives in Minneapolis on Jan 4. Then probably a few more days to deal with customs and local delivery. It arrived into LA a few says ago. I've got the equipment necessary for hooking up the exhaust system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Had a miscommunication on an invoice so arrival in Mpls got delayed till the 12th. Not a big deal. Got the venting figured out in the shop, and a method to get the laser down to my shop as I don't have a paved road. Regular forklift won't work, so I'm renting a bobcat with forks to move the crate down the yard to the shop. Thank goodness the ground is frozen! More updates coming as things happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Woot Woot! Just got my arrival notice! Laser has landed in Minneapolis! Now just to get it delivered to my house! Very excited!

Wade

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi wwendorf

I am closely follow your thread because i want in the near future to purchase the same or smaller (BCL-1006XU) laser machine from Bodor. I have clarified over couple of emails with Bodor all the options with the laser tube inside the chassis of the machine and not with an extend cover. They offer smaller laser machines with the option of higher tubes in 60, 100, 120 or 150 Watts but they require extend covers as the bigger tubes exceeds the chassis. Something that i really do not like. This is why i found that the BCL-1006XU with 100Watts or BCL1309XU with 120 or 150Watts are the only options for me. It is crazy to think that this kind of machine could cost 10 times more expensive if you choose Universal, Epilog or a branded similar company. I also looked many Chinese suppliers all these months and i also found that Bodor is maybe the best of them. For sure the quality of software mainly and hardware cannot be as the branded names, but i could not afford them...

So, i am looking forward for your review on working on the machine you received and please let me know about the total quality of delivery, assembly, wires etc etc. The good thing is that here in Greece there is a shop that sells Bodor, so i will have all the necessary support that is crucial in this case. thanks in advance. Polis

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello wwendorf
    I too have been watching your thread quite some time now and was very surprised to see a fellow Greek do the same.
    First of all i wish you the best with your new machine. I have been researching for mine for quite some time now and when i
    came across Bodor, it was like "too good to be true". So i started checking everything i could possibly check from my computer,
    and although i had some doubts in the beginning, i know believe they are professionals offering a very good laser machine for a
    very reasonable price. So tomorrow i am going to the bank to pay the deposit for my BCL-1006XU.
    And i am really exited to read any updates, if you find the time, about the machine.
    My only question right now is if you used any kind of escrow service, trade assurance or pre-shipment inspection and if yes which one?
    I hope everything goes perfectly for you.
    taftar

Excuse my greek now

@polakis ?????? ?? ??? registration ??????? ?? thread ??? ????????? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ????????. ??? ???????? ??? ?????? ?? ????? ?????.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi taftar,

unfortunately your Greek note indicates only ????????. Maybe the coding of Greek language is not right

Handmade Usb, Lighting, Clocks and Fine Art objects
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/BatLab

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello polakis
    I just noted that you and i have registered to this forum because we are following the same thread, we want to buy the same machine and we
    are both from Greece and probably both from Crete. We probably need to talk.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello taftar. Tried to send you a private message, but you do not receive private messages.... Also tried to add you as a friend, please check your dashboard. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Polakis and Taftar!

I had another laser I have been using for years, and it was built for a 60 watt, but I had it upped to an 80 watt. This also required the tube extension. In all honestly, it's not that big of a deal, and has never been a bother on that machine. It was never in the way, or caused issue.

I also agree with the comment on the cost from Universal or Epilog. In all fairness, those machines do not require a cooler using as they are a metal housed laser will cooling fins. However, that has never been something that I considered worth the additional cost.

One of the things that really excited me about the Bodor machine and the software they include with it is the ability for the software to do 3d engraving. I am not sure exactly how it works, but I believe you turn an image into varying shades of grey, then then depending on the amount of "gray" is how much power the laser uses to do the engraving. I know Epilog has this ability, and it is pretty amazing. I'm hoping the bodor laser does this part even partially as well. Please note: This was NOT the selling point for me tho. The selling point for me was that fact that the bodor support people spent over an hour working with me when I was having problems installing the software (as I wanted to see how it worked) before I ever even put a deposit on the machine. That was fantastic as far as I am concerned.

Just a little bit of an update: The laser has cleared customs. I had thought that meant it was in Minneapolis, but apparently it is in Chicago. I am excited to get it, and really want it to get here quick, but the extra time is OK as I have a lot to get ready in my shop for placement of the laser. Sounds like it will be in Minneapolis beginning of next week. I'm having the exhaust vent installed tomorrow so I can get rid of the nasty fumes when I cut acrylic.

I will update more as I have more information. I will be taking pictures as I unpack the machine and set it up, and will be writing about my experience as well.

Wade

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sale inspection

Hello guys!
    I am writing from the bank. I am waiting to pay the deposit and I very excited.
    One question for you wwendorf:
    Did you have any trade assurance contract or pre-shipment inspection or you just paid directly to the company and wait for the machine?
    Got to go
    Bye

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello from Athens! Seems everything is going well for you two. Nice!

@Wade I can feel your anxiety, i hope you receive quickly your new laser and talk soon about the on the job maters!
    @taftar I think you have an issue with the settings of forum as your replies do not support notification to me if compared with Wade's. The registered green indication below your nickname is gray for you. It is like you have not properly been registered... Also i cannot send you a pm in order to exchange phone numbers and get in touch. Good day to all, speak soon

Downloads
    Uploads

Taftar - Paid to the company via wire, but they only asked 30% down, remaining 70% when the unit is on the dock ready to be shipped.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Some News?? About your machine??

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh, there is definitely news!!!

It has been delivered! Here's some pics of the delivery. I must say, I was very impressed with the packaging. I haven't had a chance to un-crate it yet, but so far, the "pallet" is made up of rectangular steel tubing, and the plywood used in it is VERY thick. The outside of the box was damage free.

I will post more as I start digging into the crate - which, btw the way, is FREAKING HUGE!!!

Wade

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0200-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0201-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0203-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0205-jpg  

Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0206-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0207-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0208-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0209-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Wowwww. Huuuge. Now you have to spend a day to uncover it. Waiting news for the inside condition of the laser and parts. Take a closer look on the wiring, plugs and so... I have heard from others some complains about the quality of connections and cable fittings.

Downloads
    Uploads

I will do that. I'm going to be going over it with a fine toothed comb. From everything I've researched, I don't think it will be too bad. Unpacking will tell. I have to run out and buy some tin snips tho as I can't find mine. #$@#$@% - so annoying.

Wade

Downloads
    Uploads

Hhahahaah, the Murphy law...

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's some more pics.

Everything came thru from China nicely.

Found one little broken piece of plastic, need to figure out what that is. Also, I ordered and paid extra for laser glass on the top lid, and the glass I got is clear. I'm wondering if there is a new laser glass that is clear instead of yellow, but I will talk to Bodor this evening and find out for sure.

Wade

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0211-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0212-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0213-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0214-jpg  

Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0216-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0217-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0218-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0219-jpg  

Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0220-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks well packed. Watching for more updates cause we might be ordering one of these sooner the later.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast