Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU - Page 4

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Wowwww. Huuuge. Now you have to spend a day to uncover it. Waiting news for the inside condition of the laser and parts. Take a closer look on the wiring, plugs and so... I have heard from others some complains about the quality of connections and cable fittings.

Handmade Usb, Lighting, Clocks and Fine Art objects
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/BatLab

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will do that. I'm going to be going over it with a fine toothed comb. From everything I've researched, I don't think it will be too bad. Unpacking will tell. I have to run out and buy some tin snips tho as I can't find mine. #$@#$@% - so annoying.

Wade

Downloads
    Uploads

Hhahahaah, the Murphy law...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's some more pics.

Everything came thru from China nicely.

Found one little broken piece of plastic, need to figure out what that is. Also, I ordered and paid extra for laser glass on the top lid, and the glass I got is clear. I'm wondering if there is a new laser glass that is clear instead of yellow, but I will talk to Bodor this evening and find out for sure.

Wade

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0211-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0212-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0213-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0214-jpg  

Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0216-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0217-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0218-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0219-jpg  

Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0220-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks well packed. Watching for more updates cause we might be ordering one of these sooner the later.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I'm very pleased with the packing. Found a couple of loose screws under the motorized bed, so will have to figure out where those go.

Overall, I'm very happy with what I see so far. I have to do some actual work now, so i'm on hold with anymore with the laser till this afternoon or evening.

Wade

Downloads
    Uploads

About the glass window, i have not seen an option for the yellow laser protection tint. But an idea i had to put a film on the clear glass like the ones we use for tint car windows. Or laser protection eye glasses. They have a set for 90$. The thing you have to make sure now is to start the laser adjustment from the laser tube (to be 100% level with the chassis) and then go to the mirrors.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yep, I ordered the laser glass, but I think they thought I wanted laser glasses. Definitely NOT what I wanted, or what I thought I paid for.

I'll get it figured out, even if I have to purchase the yellow glass myself. Regardless of this hiccup, I'm very pleased with the laser so far. The tube arrived in perfect shape to, and was very well packaged and secured.

Wade

Downloads
    Uploads

All good then, waiting forward for your review in the setting and working process

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That will start later today. Gotta find the instruction manual and video yet.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by polakis View Post
    About the glass window, i have not seen an option for the yellow laser protection tint. But an idea i had to put a film on the clear glass like the ones we use for tint car windows. Or laser protection eye glasses. They have a set for 90$.
    Poked around a bit since I would be wanting the same option, seems like some of the CO2 laser window glass/poly is available in clear, so maybe it is. Would of been nice for several reasons to of had the protective film on the window during shipment. Would of let you know for sure what you had and then been a layer of protection on the window from possible scratches.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, they had the laser packaged really well and had some very squishy foam over the top of the unit, then it was all shrink wrapped. The window was pretty well protected.

That being said, the window is definitely NOT laser safe glass. The woman I talked to thought I wanted laser glasses (which they did send), but looking thru those things make me sick to my stomach. Not that I've ever done it before, but it's what my mind envisions if someone had a bad acid trip. I took them off as quick as I put them on.

I'm talking with them about getting me the laser safe glass I asked for. I may need to look into some film to put over the window tho which will work just as well.

Anyway, here are a few more pictures.

I am very impressed with the rotary units. The laser I use currently had them as well, but they are nowhere as nicely refined or well built as these. The blower I got with it is QUITE robust and big. Hope it doesn't sound like a jet engine! The cooler is nice and well built as well, pretty similar to the one I currently use. They actually appear to use ball screws on the motorized up/down table. That should be very nice for good, smooth operation.

I was a little disappointed with a couple portions of the back panel. Instead of having sockets, or at least grommets, they have 2 different wires just coming out of metal holes. I will at least be putting grommets in there, maybe even mounting the plugs directly onto the panel. The back of the panel appears very well put together. I did go around and check all of the electrical connections and they are all very solid. Everything is tightened down well, and all crimps are nice and tight.
    Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0227-jpg

A few of the pictures I uploaded show a little rust. I'm assuming it was from the journey over the ocean, so I will likely sand it down and spray some primer paint on those spots. It's only surface rust, so I can't get too bent out of shape.
    Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0230-jpg
    Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0231-jpg

For getting the laser off of the pallet, I made a couple of small ramps out of some scrap 2x4 and 2x6's. I just screwed them into the pallet, and me a buddy just rolled the machine down the ramps onto the floor.
    Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0233-jpg

The pallet that the laser was shipped on had a base made out of 2x4 steel tubing. I think I may just build a trailer out of it since it's so well put together and welded. It's made up of 2 beams one way, by 3 beams the other way. Very sturdy pallet.

At any rate, she is down off the pallet now, and is ready for me to start installing the laser tube. I'm a wee-bit nervous about that part, but the video I got from bodor looks like it will help a lot. I am not going to use water tho. I'm planning on getting RV coolant to use in it watered down 50/50. The RV coolant is suggested by several online sources as it inhibits microbes and just plain getting nasty, and it's non-corrosive.

Cheers to a great day!
    Wade

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0221-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0222-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0223-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0224-jpg  

Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0225-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0226-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0227-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0228-jpg  

Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0229-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0230-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0231-jpg   Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0233-jpg  

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 14 ... LastLast