Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU - Page 14

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Hope your experience is better than what I've read...and seen. Some Bodor units having issues with rust on frames. Their overseas support has also ran into difficulty especially when the issue gets more involved which is often the case with imports...
    BODOR LASER- NOT A GOOD OPTION.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't heard about any units having rust on the frames. I will agree with the overseas support tho. I'm very tech saavy, so when I have had questions, I was able to figure things out. However, I have a friend who got a machine just like mine, and she's had a number of problems with hers, and support has been marginal. She's had to replace power supply, tube, controller and electronics power supply, as well as a get a bit vocal on social media about her problems and issues to get resolution. I did have a problem with the power supply on mine, and one of my customers bought a machine like mine, and had power supply issues with it as well, so we had to replace his power supply.

That all being said, she still likes her machine, and does great work on it.

I believe that is is a well built and well designed machine, but it seems like everything from China, there are faults with it.

Anyone ordering one, I highly recommend they get a spare power supply for the laser. Just to play it safe.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah I did a full clean up on the machine yesterday. Finding rusted places as well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My bodor has rust on it as well after a clean up last week on it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

G.weike new design 1390 laser cutting machine, maybe can consider

Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-img_0405-jpg

Email:betty@wklaser.com
    MSN:betty_lee08@hotmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Imcclellan View Post
    My Bodor has rust on it as well after a clean up last week on it.
    Not uncommon to let the bare frames set outside or to save $ they don't prime the metal before painting. The result is cabinets oxidize pretty quick... even before it arrives to the US. To mitigate
    the problem they grease up the exterior of the machine. I've read of others with the same problem.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Items for Sale

I took delivery of my BCL X 1006 in Feb and it had no rust whatsoever and still has noe after 3 months in my shop they powder-coat everything as far as I can tell, I feel it is one impressive finish.

Downloads
    Uploads

For powder coating, you won't necessarily see how the prep was carried out. Just like primer under paint, surface prep is critical for good powder coating. Same for surface prep under primer. Correctly would be bead blasted and dipped in detergent several times. Then rinsed a few times. There are also undercoatings or dips that help primer or powder coating adhere better. I generally expect about a 3 out of 10 for Chinese finishes. My Novakon Pulsar was about 8 out of 10 for it's powder coated finish. Still no rust anywhere on it after 4 years and lots and lots of water based coolant.
    I would think you should get lots of mileage on the finish of a good laser like these.
    Some that have rust issues already may be prior to a change to finish prep, though a company that big should be well aware of proper machinery finishing.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Items for Sale

Lee I agree with what you are saying and have a bit of experience with having powder coating done on my show and race cars over the years. As in most processes its all about the prep
    The finish on the three Bodors that I know of is every bit as good as what is on my torus pro as far as I can tell, and with the overall attention to detail paid on other components and assembly of the machine I would be surprised if the finish is not of the same quality.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    For powder coating, you won't necessarily see how the prep was carried out. Just like primer under paint, surface prep is critical for good powder coating. Same for surface prep under primer. Correctly would be bead blasted and dipped in detergent several times. Then rinsed a few times. There are also undercoatings or dips that help primer or powder coating adhere better. I generally expect about a 3 out of 10 for Chinese finishes. My Novakon Pulsar was about 8 out of 10 for it's powder coated finish. Still no rust anywhere on it after 4 years and lots and lots of water based coolant.
    I would think you should get lots of mileage on the finish of a good laser like these.
    Some that have rust issues already may be prior to a change to finish prep, though a company that big should be well aware of proper machinery finishing.
    yep, the 'surface prep under the primer' is very critical. With sandblasting if that metal substrate isn't all clean of dirt, oil, rust, corrosion, etc. then it won't have a surface profile and the powder coat will fail completely. You would think a bigger company is especially aware of that but some evidence suggesting otherwise.
    Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-bodor_laser_rust_1-jpg
    Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU-bodor_rust-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Items for Sale

I am sorry to see that,
    Is that right out of the crate?
    I know of 3 or 4 other Bodor machines including mine and all Have a great factory finish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wwendorf View Post
    Also, here is a video I did on using corel draw. It's got a nice little timelapse of the final design output at the end.

Hope it helps someone.

Wade

Seems like a lot of work, where editing the vector fill for the boat to a solid colour would take seconds and leave you with the original vector for cutting. Or... take a copy, bitmap it and lay it on top of your boat/gradient.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast