Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU - Page 12

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Review - Bodor Laser BCL1309XU

Have you engraved from an image? If yes how did it look?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A bit, yes. Not a lot tho. I haven't purchased any photo conversion software yet.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the quick reply and the Review. I am considering purchasing a Bodor. I would do quite a bit of work from images. Have you attempted any thin gauge metal cutting? I know Fibre is recommended but CO2 should cut it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bodor sells a CO2 for thin metal cutting, but typically CO2 will NOT cut metal. I think their CO2 that does it is minimum 250W.

I know the bodor will do images just fine. I have done a couple, but I usually do "sketch" type images and convert them to vector as it is easier to size up a vector than a small image that is a BMP or JPG.

Also, Bodor does "ramping" pretty well, so you can do 3d engraving as well. I've experimented with it some and it turns out pretty cool.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Wade,

Just bought the Bodor BCL1006x with 80w tube. VERY EXCITED!!!!

I have a question about the ramping/3d engraving you did. Do you have images or an explanation on how you did it with you unit?

Thanks,

Steve.

Vancouver, BC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone used these lasers for putting marks on aluminum. I don't need black or anything that great it just for in house use to identify parts during production?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can only etch anodized aluminum with a laser, or you need to get thermark or cermark heat-bonding paint.

Those are the only ways.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the late reply. I don't have any images, but basically, you do it by choosing "output direct" when setting up your scan operation in RD Works. There's a good video on it on youtube under RD Lab, I think it's like episode 64 and 65.

You have to set the min/max values of your power to something like 8%( doesn't etch anything) to 20%, then make sure you have a greyscale gradient image. The lighter colors do not etch, or etch lighter, and the darker colors etch to the max % power you set.

I think suggested speeds for ramp engraving are around 100-200mm/second.

Hope that helps.

Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyskier View Post
    Hi Wade,

Just bought the Bodor BCL1006x with 80w tube. VERY EXCITED!!!!

I have a question about the ramping/3d engraving you did. Do you have images or an explanation on how you did it with you unit?

Thanks,

Steve.

Vancouver, BC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Wade,

Thanks so much for the info. Our unit finishes production next Tuesday and then we wait till the ship arrives.

Cheers,

Steve.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Wade, hope everything is great, i have been reading your post for a long time, i went to bodor because this post, thank you so much.Actually im waiting for my BCLx 1390 130w. im really excited also a bit nervous, since this is my first big machine and im just have my business from one year ago. so i hope everything will be ok and make great stuff and designs with it. i want to ask you about the the electrical, i ordered 220v, but i dont know if i will need something like a voltage regulator or satabilizer, also about the distilled water and the rv coolant, maybe can you share some info with me. some advice. thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi 3dLabCo,

I'm afraid I don't know what kind of 220v power you have there. Here in the US, we have 2 legs of 110v power to make up the 220v, but I know other countries are 1 leg of 220v. This is something you will have to discuss with your salesperson. They will be able to answer your questions and if they don't know the answer, they can contact their engineers.

As far as the RV coolant goes, it is the coolant that you put into water lines in cold temperature climates to keep them from freezing over the winter. I mixed 1 gallon of RV coolant with 1 gallon of distilled water and it has been working great. You DO NOT want to use the coolant that would go into the engine, that WILL corrode your chiller and cause problems.

Hope that helps,
    Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also, here is a video I did on using corel draw. It's got a nice little timelapse of the final design output at the end.

Hope it helps someone.

Wade

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast