Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software

Hi all
    Does anyone have one of these?

Graham Hughes

Similar Threads:

graham, the 1325 chinese router is sold by a variety of names around the world, you may want to look at the excitech forum at the top of this forum it is well supported here and is the same drivers, motors and software

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Graham, it is familiar to me the name you mentioned.
    what is you problem, and what is you questions?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    graham, the 1325 chinese router is sold by a variety of names around the world, you may want to look at the excitech forum at the top of this forum it is well supported here and is the same drivers, motors and software

jim
    Thank you.

A lot of browsing there.

I have used a Step 4 540mm machine for years, and will be involved in setting up the 1325 when it arrives.

My main questions are on the subtlety of the uncam software. I currently draw in Autocad LT97

Graham

the australians use these programs a lot more than we do here in the us, i would look for big shannon or rocket on the excitech threads they are more experienced than i at the software

jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you are talking about the resolution about the software Ucancam?

I have more than 3 years on software Ucan cam, Type3, but recently only focus on Type3.

do you mean the resulotion?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks,

I'm still ploughing through the 203 pages on Exitech.

Only one mentions UncamV8 so far. and a google search just reports this post!

Ideally I'd like to look at a demo version and I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Graham

yes most i have seen opt for other software, i use vectrics aspire and before that vcarve pro, bigg shannon and rocket may be able to tell us why that is.

ucancam seems to be a cadcam program provided with the machines

jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Many thanks to all

Finally got there. Iíve tracked down the software that comes with the machine its UCANCAM V8.By Beijing Wentai software.

For the benefit of others:
    You can get a demo from http://www.artcut.cn/ucancam/download.asp
    But WARNING 1. this file is 110MB and takes some time.

WARNING 2 this is a compressed file in .rar format. If your computer will not open it, you will be invited to browse for a suitable programme, but some of the offers are registry checkers which could be nasty. The safe programme to get is called 7-ZIP (which can be downloaded free)

What you get is a video tutorial with some faint commentary in Chinese English! However it gives you a good idea of what it looks like and what it does.

The other software talked about is VcarvePro. This is from Vectric software,
    and again you can get a demo version from http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr...d_products.htm

You get a proper version you can play with, and a copy of the manual.

Both of these programmes write the driver files which tell the machine what to do, and work in a very similar way to the one I use on my little Step4 machine. but more powerful

Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Go for the V Carve Pro from Vectric

Graham, Jim is correct.

Most Excitech users have V Carve Pro software. It is very easy for computer literate people to learn and use. Vectric also have an excellent forum, where members exchange ideas and help each other out. Well worth a visit for you. The software is not expensive and is great value for money.

The Ucancam is probably ok for basic use. They do supply a very good manual in book form which is helpful. But users report that they cannot import their existing files into the software, and the level of support is limited.

Hope this helps you out.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good

I got my head around the Vectric demo yesterday.

After 4 hours, I was producing 1Mb .crv files in about 10 minutes.

Main thing was organising my CAD drawings to make best use of the features in V.

Now have to wait until the machine turns up so I can see what the wentai software is like.

Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamhughes View Post
    Good

I got my head around the Vectric demo yesterday.

After 4 hours, I was producing 1Mb .crv files in about 10 minutes.

Main thing was organising my CAD drawings to make best use of the features in V.

Now have to wait until the machine turns up so I can see what the wentai software is like.

Graham
    Hi, Graham,

Did you get your machine and if so, have you had a chance to play around with Ucancam V8?

I too got it with my Maxicam 1325 and although I found some operations quite intuitive, I haven't used it for a while now because I frequently forget to unplug the dongle from the computer at work for use at my home computer or laptop.

By the way, if you use AVAST antivirus, that dongle will probably get a false positive. You will need to deactivate Avast On Access Control while loading Ucancam. You can re-activate Avast once loaded.

Anyway, let us know what you think of it.

Norbert

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast