Uploads

Default strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software

Hi all
    Does anyone have one of these?

Graham Hughes

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

graham, the 1325 chinese router is sold by a variety of names around the world, you may want to look at the excitech forum at the top of this forum it is well supported here and is the same drivers, motors and software

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Graham, it is familiar to me the name you mentioned.
    what is you problem, and what is you questions?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    graham, the 1325 chinese router is sold by a variety of names around the world, you may want to look at the excitech forum at the top of this forum it is well supported here and is the same drivers, motors and software

jim
    Thank you.

A lot of browsing there.

I have used a Step 4 540mm machine for years, and will be involved in setting up the 1325 when it arrives.

My main questions are on the subtlety of the uncam software. I currently draw in Autocad LT97

Graham

Downloads
    Uploads

the australians use these programs a lot more than we do here in the us, i would look for big shannon or rocket on the excitech threads they are more experienced than i at the software

jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

you are talking about the resolution about the software Ucancam?

I have more than 3 years on software Ucan cam, Type3, but recently only focus on Type3.

do you mean the resulotion?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks,

I'm still ploughing through the 203 pages on Exitech.

Only one mentions UncamV8 so far. and a google search just reports this post!

Ideally I'd like to look at a demo version and I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Graham

Downloads
    Uploads

yes most i have seen opt for other software, i use vectrics aspire and before that vcarve pro, bigg shannon and rocket may be able to tell us why that is.

ucancam seems to be a cadcam program provided with the machines

jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Many thanks to all

Finally got there. I’ve tracked down the software that comes with the machine its UCANCAM V8.By Beijing Wentai software.

For the benefit of others:
    You can get a demo from http://www.artcut.cn/ucancam/download.asp
    But WARNING 1. this file is 110MB and takes some time.

WARNING 2 this is a compressed file in .rar format. If your computer will not open it, you will be invited to browse for a suitable programme, but some of the offers are registry checkers which could be nasty. The safe programme to get is called 7-ZIP (which can be downloaded free)

What you get is a video tutorial with some faint commentary in Chinese English! However it gives you a good idea of what it looks like and what it does.

The other software talked about is VcarvePro. This is from Vectric software,
    and again you can get a demo version from http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr...d_products.htm

You get a proper version you can play with, and a copy of the manual.

Both of these programmes write the driver files which tell the machine what to do, and work in a very similar way to the one I use on my little Step4 machine. but more powerful

Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Go for the V Carve Pro from Vectric

Graham, Jim is correct.

Most Excitech users have V Carve Pro software. It is very easy for computer literate people to learn and use. Vectric also have an excellent forum, where members exchange ideas and help each other out. Well worth a visit for you. The software is not expensive and is great value for money.

The Ucancam is probably ok for basic use. They do supply a very good manual in book form which is helpful. But users report that they cannot import their existing files into the software, and the level of support is limited.

Hope this helps you out.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good

I got my head around the Vectric demo yesterday.

After 4 hours, I was producing 1Mb .crv files in about 10 minutes.

Main thing was organising my CAD drawings to make best use of the features in V.

Now have to wait until the machine turns up so I can see what the wentai software is like.

Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by grahamhughes View Post
    Good

I got my head around the Vectric demo yesterday.

After 4 hours, I was producing 1Mb .crv files in about 10 minutes.

Main thing was organising my CAD drawings to make best use of the features in V.

Now have to wait until the machine turns up so I can see what the wentai software is like.

Graham
    Hi, Graham,

Did you get your machine and if so, have you had a chance to play around with Ucancam V8?

I too got it with my Maxicam 1325 and although I found some operations quite intuitive, I haven't used it for a while now because I frequently forget to unplug the dongle from the computer at work for use at my home computer or laptop.

By the way, if you use AVAST antivirus, that dongle will probably get a false positive. You will need to deactivate Avast On Access Control while loading Ucancam. You can re-activate Avast once loaded.

Anyway, let us know what you think of it.

Norbert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Norbert.

The Machine is "on its way" forecast delivery end of August in Bristol(UK)

Thanks for the advice about the dongle. This might be a complication, I live about 70 miles from where the machine will be located.
    Is there a way of writing the Ucancam toolpath files remotely?

Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually the toolpath file from Ucancam is a code file, you can read it with notepad.
    I know Maxicam machines, using DSP controler, you can send the code file by internet, you can copy with a USB flesh memory to the controller(The controller will accpect by USB). the machine will work with the file anyway you put the code file to it.

Now I use software Type3, Ucancam(basic), Artcam, V-carve, for our machines, which working same way as Maxicam.

roc
    -------------------------------------
    www.roc-tech.net

Downloads
    Uploads

you only need the dongle at the design computer the file is read at the machine in machine code after toolpathing and it becomes a machine .tap .nc or other extension that is readable by the machine controller, this file can be transfered via memory stick/ internet etc.

jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by grahamhughes View Post
    Thanks Norbert.

The Machine is "on its way" forecast delivery end of August in Bristol(UK)

Thanks for the advice about the dongle. This might be a complication, I live about 70 miles from where the machine will be located.
    Is there a way of writing the Ucancam toolpath files remotely?

Graham
    Well, Graham, the dongle doesn't represent a problem for working at or from an other location, it is the operator forgetting to take the dongle along who is the problem. You can install the software package on several computers but need the dongle to operate it. The same goes for Type 3 software.

If you have Ucancam installed on the computer at work, have the dongle attached to it and and have the computer up and running while you are away, then yes, you can access the work computer remotely with programmes like TightVNC, UltraVNC or Logmein. Logmein is the simplest to set up but I find it slowest to make connections and the free version doesn't have 'file transfer'. But as I said, you can work directly from your laptop or whatever so you don't really need the 'file transfer' option. Both the VNC programmes are free though require you to 'forward' one or 2 ports on your router. You can google for the TightVNC and UltraVNC.

Don't know your CNC machine but the self-contained computer on mine http://www.maxicamglobal-cnc.com/1325C.asp?cid=23 has an internet connection. I understand some Excitech models have that as well. However, I can't tell how, or if it works remotely because I am still waiting for the rotary phase converter, hence I can't connect machine to the grid until arrival of the RPC.

I also have a smaller machine which works on 220V single phase so I can work with it as it doesn't require a phase converter. This router works by DSP. As Roc said, you use a USB stick to transfer the tool path from computer to router. I noticed that the DSP on the small machine has, apart from the Flash drive USB slot, an other type of USB socket which, I understand, allows you to connect a computer directly to the DPS. I haven't tried it but if that is the case, then, technically it is possible to control that computer remotely and consequently the machine as well.

Norbert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually it is not so complated. the link you sent is a speciall model with ATC funtions. that machine using LNC or SYNTEC controller, as far as I know, Syntec can work with ethernet cable.

But the questions is not about that way.

For the normal model, machines are with DSP controler, with a USB port, you Just make the design and make the tool path G-code file. you can save as a *nc file, or *plt file, then copy with a USB flesh memory, to the controler.

play the keypad as manual,--------------DONE

Roc
    -----------------------------------------------------
    www.roc-tech.net

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by roctech View Post
    But the questions is not about that way.

For the normal model, machines are with DSP controler, with a USB port, you Just make the design and make the tool path G-code file. you can save as a *nc file, or *plt file, then copy with a USB flesh memory, to the controler.

play the keypad as manual,--------------DONE

Roc
    -----------------------------------------------------
    www.roc-tech.net
    Hi Roc, it is possible that I misunderstood Graham,

Essentially you are right. You can work on ANY computer which has the software installed AND has the dongle plugged-in, save the tool path(s) and email it to the computer/user at remote location. In that situation there is no need for remote access.

As Graham said he is 70 miles away from machine, I was automatically thinking of my situation. I am the sole user of a dedicated computer at work and often work from an outside location. All I need to do is to log into computer at the office from any computer in the world and start working....

Norbert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

By the way, Roc, am I correct by what I said " I noticed that the DSP on the small machine has, apart from the Flash drive USB slot, an other type of USB socket which, I understand, allows you to connect a computer directly to the DPS."

Don't know whether that is standard on all DSPs. On my DSP, the socket I am talking about is a Type B and is located on the bottom right side of the unit.

Can you clarify that?

Norbert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    you only need the dongle at the design computer the file is read at the machine in machine code after toolpathing and it becomes a machine .tap .nc or other extension that is readable by the machine controller, this file can be transfered via memory stick/ internet etc.

jim
    Ah, Good,
    This is the same as my little Step4 which needs a dongle for the remote computer.

Incidentally does the Vectric Vcarve pro need a dongle to Identify the specific machine? I seem to be able to produce .crv files from the demo version software which appear complete.

Graham

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast