strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default machine set up software?

Odd?
    We could not check the machine function because of the virus crash.
    Having sorted out the design software, and gone for the Vectric we have the problem of selecting the Post processor (no information in the "handbook",which we will tackle later) but we have now identified we have no disc( or any other) device for loading the machine control software (which sets the travese limits, tool change position, and "set material z" position).
    The only discs we got were for the c3 software and the tutorial. Should we have got an .exe file to activate the machine control card, or is there some firmware memory chip in the card ??

Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Graham, Does your machine have the DSP Controller? If so, it should be ready to go out of the box.
    When you start the machine the DSP Controller should light up and display the message " Go to Home? ". Press the OK button or the Home button, as the message is a command rather than a question. All operations must begin from the Home position.

Regarding the Post Processor, it is probably G Code arcs mm with .tap or .nc extension. You probably should confirm this with your machine supplier or maybe Vectric Support.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default The lights are on. but nobody's home

Got the rebuilt computer, installed the control card, connected up, switch on....

The fans run, the coolant is circulating, but the computer wants a disc, which we haven't got.

It is a dsp controller, but our machine looks like the attachment, no keypad:

Anyway another e-mail is on its way to china!

Graham

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software-wk-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Oh Wow!

The software arrived with a 186 page manual!
    The machine now runs.
    It becomes clear that this software comes from a professional machinists workshop. It is a digitised version of the control system of a screw jack manual milling machine with a precision you could drool for. You could cut class 1 gearing with this, in any material!
    The challenge now is to ensure that the Vectric post processor is compatible with this software, the indications are that the machine will accept several protocols, which we have to sort out.
    I'm going to go quiet for a while, whilst we run some test files.
    Graham

Downloads
    Uploads

graham the fellows at vectric will write whatever pp you need just email them at support@vectric.com

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default strong router

Hi Can I ask did you buy direct from signsteck wang leever or through ebay or what? I have sent payment tp the factory web site but its still not on the way !! should I be worried ? Of coarse they sent me a proforma first and i sent the money straight into there bank by transfer and he said he has it

Thanks in advants John

Last edited by limeyjoe; 03-14-2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: adding more

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by limeyjoe View Post
    Hi Can I ask did you buy direct from signsteck wang leever or through ebay or what? I have sent payment tp the factory web site but its still not on the way !! should I be worried ? Of coarse they sent me a proforma first and i sent the money straight into there bank by transfer and he said he has it

Thanks in advants John
    No we bought direct from the factory
    Ours was a Shanghai Naiky technology.

If you are in UK use a shipping agent- their price looks cheap, but you have to pay a return fee for the empty container!
    Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Strong CNC Router Feedback

Hi Graham,

As it was some time ago now when you purchased this router, I was wondering if you could give me some feedback about how happy or not you were with your purchase after you'd overcome the initial teething problems(!)

I've been considering purchasing a "STRONG-1212DS" which is their 4ft x 4ft version which would be sent from China.

Otherwise if any other end users can comment on their experience with these machines, I'd be grateful to hear from them.

Thanks in advance,

Ross

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ross.
    Having got over the shipping problems the machine works fine.
    we are using it to cut aluminium honeycomb composite panels for a car monocoque chassis: cant post pictures yet it's commercialy sensitive.
    the manual for the NCstudio software is 150 pages thick! but only section 5 is really necessary.
    You will need to use Vectric software to compile the cutting profiles, but you need to ask Vectric for an additional post processor.
    we use FANUC16 atc arcs(mm).tap.

Graham

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by grahamhughes View Post
    Hi Ross.
    we are using it to cut aluminium honeycomb composite panels for a car monocoque chassis: cant post pictures yet it's commercialy sensitive.
    the manual for the NCstudio software is 150 pages thick! but only section 5 is really necessary.
    You will need to use Vectric software to compile the cutting profiles, but you need to ask Vectric for an additional post processor.

Graham
    graham, i get numerous request for the ncstudio manual, is it possible to get it in pdf form,

thanks jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ross.

Graham
    Hi Graham, I really appreciate your response. Obviously investing £thousands into a machine from overseas when there appears to be no reviews (which I could find) and little feedback I was wondering if the "gamble" was worth it....but it sounds like your getting good use out of it and so I think you've helped me make my mind up now!

Now just one thing, would you suggest that I just bid on eBay and let them do the rest or would I be better off going direct and making my own shipping arrangements etc.?

Here's the one I'm looking at....

Brand New 1500w 4ftx 4ft CNC Router/Cutter/Engraver +CE on eBay (end time 18-Mar-11 07:12:39 GMT)

Also if you do have a PDF manual you can post that would be awesome to get an understanding of it before it arrives!

The purpose for the machine is for cutting wood to make PA loudspeakers. In case your curious, here's some examples of what I make: <Element 5> Sound System | Facebook

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ross, and Jim
    [The purpose for the machine is for cutting wood to make PA loudspeakers].

It would work fine for that.
    re the e-bay ad. Its showws a 1500W spindle, go for the 3.5Kw.
    That $200 "post" price for something that weighs half a ton?????

I would advise getting a quote direct from Naiky, shanghai first.

Manual 1.5Mb is too big to attach send me a private message with your e-mail

Graham

Last edited by grahamhughes; 02-19-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your advice.

I had been thinking about the shipping as it sounded too good to be true....

There was one other router which I'd looked at, this one here:

CNC Routers - Flat bed router

It's made in the UK which is obviously an advantage but it doesn't have the base unit like the Strong router and I'm not sure what power the spindle is.

Anyway I shall send you a PM for the manual - cheers for that!

All the best,

Ross

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ross, and Jim
    [The purpose for the machine is for cutting wood to make PA loudspeakers].

It would work fine for that.
    re the e-bay ad. Its showws a 1500W spindle, go for the 3.5Kw.
    That $200 "post" price for something that weighs half a ton?????

I would advise getting a quote direct from Naiky, shanghai first.

Manual 1.5Mb is too big to attach send me a private message with your e-mail

Graham
    got the manual thanks!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Having got our prototype chassis built I thought you might like to see it.

Also I have been answering questions off forum, and decided to write a basic getting started guide which may be of use

Graham

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software-p1010724-jpg   strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software-p1010725-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123