strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up No Dongle required for V Carve Pro

Hi Graham, Congratulations on your new machine purchase.

When you purchase V Carve Pro from Vectric they will supply a licence code. All you will need to do is enter the code the first time you use the software. No Dongle is required.

The Post Processor in V Carve Pro needs to match your machine. If you go to Toolpaths and click on the "T" ( Quick Engrave ), the Post Processors are all listed. On our Excitech it is G Code Arcs (mm) (.tap). You just need to work out which one is correct for your machine.

Do you have any photos of your machine yet?

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MaNo View Post
    By the way, Roc, am I correct by what I said " I noticed that the DSP on the small machine has, apart from the Flash drive USB slot, an other type of USB socket which, I understand, allows you to connect a computer directly to the DPS."

Don't know whether that is standard on all DSPs. On my DSP, the socket I am talking about is a Type B and is located on the bottom right side of the unit.

Can you clarify that?

Norbert
    Hi Norbert, Yes, there is two USB ports on the DSP controller, the normal one on the top, we use flesh memory to copy code files.

The other one is square, at the bottom, we use it to connect to the computer, you will receive a USB cable which can connect the DSP to the computer, we also use it to transmit the code files in to the DSP incase we dont have an USB flash memory. there should be a CD with DSP install program, you install the program in the computer, then connect the DSP, you can transmit the code file into the DSP, and you also can change some settings from this program. Notice that, with the DSP there is only 128M memory, I suggest you prepare some USB memory to use.

you will study them easily when you receive the machine.

And I will be happy to help if you have any problem.

Roc
    -------------------------------------------
    www.roc-tech.net

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    When you purchase V Carve Pro from Vectric they will supply a licence code. All you will need to do is enter the code the first time you use the software. No Dongle is required.
    Thats good, it means I can do design support in the boondocks whilst my mate in Kidderminster learns from scratch

The Post Processor in V Carve Pro needs to match your machine. If you go to Toolpaths and click on the "T" ( Quick Engrave ), the Post Processors are all listed. On our Excitech it is G Code Arcs (mm) (.tap). You just need to work out which one is correct for your machine.
    Found it, thats quite a list!

Do you have any photos of your machine yet?
    It should be this:
    Thanks Rocket, thats very informative

Graham

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software-strong-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Graham, That looks to be a very sturdy machine. Look forward to seeing your review and more photos after you receive it.

Tony Mac from Vectric actually told us which Post Processor to use for our machine. That is part of the benefit of using Vectric Software. Great support from Vectric and also an excellent Forum.

There is more info on Post Processors on their Forum -

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

If you are not sure of which one to use, just ask Vectric Support.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the machine on the photo is weak and old.

the Gantry is too thin, spindle is small, transportation is slow, sepcification is Old.

I think it is two years ago machine.

But if it is ok for your jobs, it will be worth.

Roc
    -----------------------------------------
    www.roc-tech.net

Downloads
    Uploads

after reading roc's last post, i think it is proper to note that he is a cnc machine salesman. the router in the photo is built by the same jinhan area machine company as the one he promotes

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    after reading roc's last post, i think it is proper to note that he is a cnc machine salesman. the router in the photo is built by the same jinhan area machine company as the one he promotes

jim
    Dear Jim,

Yes, I am from a CNC manufactuter, but I am techincal person.

I just state my view on the machines. and I am not promoting any machine in this area, I just give my idea if I can help on any questions.

Perhaps may know that, I worked in Excitech for about 3 years before 2008.
    so I know the machines well.

Roc

Downloads
    Uploads

roc, yes i can tell you are much more informed when it comes to these routers! and good technical help is needed. it is hard for us in the US to under stand the chinese systems of business. i have seen good routers and some with rust and no support from china. your help here is i am sure appreciated by all

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    roc, yes i can tell you are much more informed when it comes to these routers! and good technical help is needed. it is hard for us in the US to under stand the chinese systems of business. i have seen good routers and some with rust and no support from china. your help here is i am sure appreciated by all

jim
    yes, I will be happy to help if I can.!!

Roc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by roctech View Post
    the machine on the photo is weak and old.

the Gantry is too thin, spindle is small, transportation is slow, sepcification is Old.

I think it is two years ago machine.

But if it is ok for your jobs, it will be worth.

Roc
    -----------------------------------------
    www.roc-tech.net
    Yes the photo is from the e-bay ad, and probably years old.

Ours is new from the factory, we will see when it arrives (end august)

Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Graham,I have found in my dealings with the Chinese that they are fiercely competitive against each other, and as such will bash the other persons brand of machine everytime. Take it with a grain of salt!

I have a lot of respect for them - but this trait annoys the crap out of the rest of us.

Just saying.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question

Graham, Has your new machine arrived yet?

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Graham, Has your new machine arrived yet?

Rocket.
    Finally arrived this monday after the ship decided to go to lowestoft rather than bristol!

The packing case was c**p, it took 5 hours to get it off the truck!

No assembly manual - although the nameplate says WK1325 there are subtle changes from the manual we got by e-mail in June. 4.5kW motor, 2 immersion type pumps, 3 pipes out of the umbilical without labels, and a few more head-scratchers.
    My mate is e-mailing for an update.We expect it will be a week or two whilst we sort out the installation and power supplies. We are also trying to get a second dongle so I can play with the software.

Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Graham, Lowestoft to Bristol - About 253 miles off course, and on the wrong side of the UK for you. Guess the ship`s captain was in a hurry.

Was the shipping crate cactus due to damage in transit or poorly constructed?

Installation Manuals are not the strong point with the Chinese. If you take and post some photos we can probably help you to make sense of it all. A lot of us have been through it. Just a series of steps to take. Is it a Water cooled spindle? - Do not quite understand what you mean by 2 Immersion type pumps. Are they Fountain Pumps?

Three pipes out of the Umbilical? Are they the Electrical connections from the machine to the control cabinet?

Not great news for you - but i reckon we can help you make sense of it all.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Was the shipping crate cactus due to damage in transit or poorly constructed?
    poorly constructed!!!!!! Not even good for firewood!
    Is it a Water cooled spindle? - Do not quite understand what you mean by 2 Immersion type pumps. Are they Fountain Pumps?
    Yes Water cooled, the pumps are garden pond type
    Three pipes out of the Umbilical? Are they the Electrical connections from the machine to the control cabinet?
    We’ve sorted the pipes, two are feed and return to the motor cooling, the third is for cutter coolant if needed.

Most of the installation proved to be straightforward, except that the frame carrying the dust extractor tube was missing, and we chose to run a 45amp power cable.

Disaster struck when we loaded the software, it contained a virus which trashed the computer!
    Having rebuilt the comp, got replacement software… ditto! Virused again! The computer is being rebuilt for the second time!! My mate is having conversations with the suppliers, and we’ve gone Vectric,
    We might get the thing running next week, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it.
    Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

You have had a bit of a hard time Graham. I am sure it will be up and running soon. Persevere - It will be worth it!

Which Software crashed your Computer?

I can confirm that Vectric Software is excellent. At the moment i am going through the learning curve on the software. Other than having a few problems due to MY lack of computer knowledge, I am knocking up signs left right and centre. Have been trying for 2 hours tonight to trace an image of a Mustang. I have only got half the car in the preview. LOL! Might end up paying for the clipart version of the car.

Here is a photo of the setup we made for the Water Cooling for the Spindle -

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software-dsc02502-jpg   strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software-dsc02508-jpg   strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software-dsc02500-jpg   strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software-dsc02499-jpg  

strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software-dsc02506-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Graham, You can make your own apparatus to hold the dust extractor tube.

We fabricated a Right Angle Bracket.It needs to be strong! The Bracket was fixed to the side of the machine with Tec screws. Then we just fitted a swinging pole and used a fibreglass reinforced tape to hold the dust extractor hose in position -

Rocket.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software-dsc02596-jpg   strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software-dsc02601-jpg   strong 1325ds router and uncamV8 software-dsc02604-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You have had a bit of a hard time Graham. I am sure it will be up and running soon. Persevere - It will be worth it!
    Which Software crashed your Computer?
    The C3 (ucancam), the first time it was the dongle, the second was in the installation.
    I can confirm that Vectric Software is excellent.
    At the moment i am going through the learning curve on the software. Other than having a few problems due to MY lack of computer knowledge, I am knocking up signs left right and centre. Have been trying for 2 hours tonight to trace an image of a Mustang. I have only got half the car in the preview. LOL! Might end up paying for the clipart version of the car.
    It’s good, but not for drawing! I’m a dab hand at autocad. Contact me on the message system, and send me your image, and what you want done, and I will do you a dxf.

Here is a photo of the setup we made for the Water Cooling for the Spindle -
    Thanks
    Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Thanks Graham - But i would be cheating!

It’s good, but not for drawing! I’m a dab hand at autocad. Contact me on the message system, and send me your image, and what you want done, and I will do you a dxf.

Actually - I do believe that success is mine. Had a look at the Vectric Forum and found the answer. Just needed to select the " EDIT " box and then click " Trace Bitmap " and right click " Select all Vectors ". Looks good in the preview now. Got carried away and put 3 cars on one sign. Will cut it today and post a photo here. LOL.

It is a worry that Ucancan crashed your computer. I have a copy of it that we were going to try. Maybe not!
    A couple of years ago - I recall reading that the computer for the machine should be a stand alone application, and not used in conjunction with other programs. Is this the case in your situation? Our computer in the Router factory is used purely for the machine and we have never had a problem with it, but on my office computer if i use the cad/cam program to do design work the computer locks up if it is left for more than a few minutes when i am called away.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ucancam gave me a similar problem while using Avast as an Antivirus . As I use that particular computer for CNC software only, is not part of the LAN and has no critical data on it, I just deactivated Antivirus until Ucancam was loaded then switched it back on again. Never had a problem caused by bypassing Avast during loading so I must assume it was a false positive and never had a problem running Ucancam.

I use Aspire now and have also changed the Antivirus to Avira so out of curiosity I fired up Ucancam this morning. It loads/runs without any hiccup.

Graham, did you use Avast by any chance?

Norbert

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast