Thom Carr 4 Axis CNC - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Thom Carr 4 Axis CNC

Default Re: Thoms machine works well for me.

Not sure what his latest machines are like, I bought one about 10 years ago and like everyone else, had HUGE problems right from the get go and they haven't stopped ever since.

Plastic/nylon structural parts? FAIL
    Hardened steel bearings riding on soft aluminum? FAIL
    Mickey Mouse engineering? FAIL
    Plastic Racks and Pinions? MEGA FAIL
    Crappy Dust collection? FAIL
    Having to dismantle the entire carriage to repair a damaged bearing? FAIL
    Having to dismantle the entire Z axis because he put bolts through the front instead of the rear? FAIL (plus they were installed crooked and are now stripped since they screw into the plastic)

I've been using it for 10 years and have been able to produce some quality pieces in SPITE of it being the biggest POS on the market. I compare it to a lada: sure, it works, but it breaks down almost constantly.

I'm going to be using the guts to build a new machine and the happiest day of my life to date is when I can put this piece of garbage out in the parking lot and run over it with the forklift. I might even video record it for posterity.

If his new machines are even 1/10th the quality of his old, DO NOT BUY IT. Go to cncrouterparts.com and buy one of theirs for the same money and it is 10x the machine.

Default Re: Thom Carr 4 Axis CNC

Just saw a video he posted a month ago, yup, still using plastic parts.

DO NOT BUY!!!!

Default Re: Thom Carr 4 Axis CNC

Just a little idea of how "messed" up the engineering is:

I just had to replace a stepper motor. He used 4 wire shielded to run to the steppers. The colours of the stepper wires are blue red black and green. The colour of the 4 in his wire is: blue red black and white. Know how he wired it? Blue to black, red to blue, black to white Red to green.

Really? lol.....I mean, what the hell.......

Default Re: Thoms machine works well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskokaMike View Post
    Not sure what his latest machines are like, I bought one about 10 years ago and like everyone else, had HUGE problems right from the get go and they haven't stopped ever since.

Plastic/nylon structural parts? FAIL
    Hardened steel bearings riding on soft aluminum? FAIL
    Mickey Mouse engineering? FAIL
    Plastic Racks and Pinions? MEGA FAIL
    Crappy Dust collection? FAIL
    Having to dismantle the entire carriage to repair a damaged bearing? FAIL
    Having to dismantle the entire Z axis because he put bolts through the front instead of the rear? FAIL (plus they were installed crooked and are now stripped since they screw into the plastic)

I've been using it for 10 years and have been able to produce some quality pieces in SPITE of it being the biggest POS on the market. I compare it to a lada: sure, it works, but it breaks down almost constantly.

I'm going to be using the guts to build a new machine and the happiest day of my life to date is when I can put this piece of garbage out in the parking lot and run over it with the forklift. I might even video record it for posterity.

If his new machines are even 1/10th the quality of his old, DO NOT BUY IT. Go to cncrouterparts.com and buy one of theirs for the same money and it is 10x the machine.
    Wht you meet problems, when buy machines, always focus the cheaper price

通过我的 MHA-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345