Busellato vs Weeke

Thread: Busellato vs Weeke

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Busellato vs Weeke

I have been looking at getting a new CNC for a while now. It’s looking like I am down two main choices the Busellato Jet 400RT and the Weeke BHP 200 Optimat. With all the options I need both are around $180,000. It will be used at a commercial cabinet shop cutting mostly ¾” melamine and ¾’ bonded panels. I want to start nesting my sheets, and both can do it. It would need to have a 5 x 12 bed. Also I want to have editing capabilities at the machine, and not have to get a secondary computer set up with CAD or Alfacam on it. As I would with either a Onsrud or Heian machines.
    Questions: Does anyone have experience with either of these two machines? The Busellato Jet 400RT or Weeke BHP 200 Optimat.
    Does anyone know of any other machines that are comparable?
    I have been getting calls from Multicam, but their machines don’t look quite as stout and versatile as the others. Any Multicam opinions?

Thanks,

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Get a HEIAN they might cost more but you will save with the upkeep of the machine as they are built to last a life time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Im kind of Multicam biased, but yes great machine. Isnt the busellato Jet a P to P machine? And if i remember correctly its also cantilever machine? Dont know much about the Weeke's.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think Busselato is the only Italian machine that can go head to head with the German machines. I'll be looking very hard at Busselato when it comes time to replace my Weeke.
    Most important is the support AFTER the sale. I was told that it would cost me $14,000.00 to upgrade the PC in my Weeke in order to run Cabinet Vision. IT'S JUST A FREEKIN PC!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mussel Kar View Post
    I think Busselato is the only Italian machine that can go head to head with the German machines. I'll be looking very hard at Busselato when it comes time to replace my Weeke.
    Most important is the support AFTER the sale. I was told that it would cost me $14,000.00 to upgrade the PC in my Weeke in order to run Cabinet Vision. IT'S JUST A FREEKIN PC!!!!!
    Dont kid yourself about busselato after sale support. I know a guy who has a busselato jet, he on the seccond one and it still doesnt work right.

As for having computer right at the machine, what really is the bennefit of that? that is what i like about multicam no computer at the machine for the operator to screw around with.

Since your talking about cabinet vision, isnt Weeke a p to p machine? That's another thing i dont get why run cabinets on a p to p instead of nested base?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heian, Shoda, Onsrud, Komo, and a few others would be a better choice. I work in a large cabinet shop doing commercial work and we have tried all the big Italian machines and they Do Not compare to any of the above in cut quality or speed. If ya gota geter dun right and ya gotta geter dun fast spend the money to get a front line machine. Of course this has just been my experience, I could be wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by xjdubber View Post
    That's another thing i dont get why run cabinets on a p to p instead of nested base?
    Because he's probably cutting 3-4 sheets at a time on a beam saw. That's what we do.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by xjdubber View Post
    Dont kid yourself about busselato after sale support. I know a guy who has a busselato jet, he on the seccond one and it still doesnt work right.

As for having computer right at the machine, what really is the bennefit of that? that is what i like about multicam no computer at the machine for the operator to screw around with.

Since your talking about cabinet vision, isnt Weeke a p to p machine? That's another thing i dont get why run cabinets on a p to p instead of nested base?
    Every CNC machine has horror stories attached to them. I had to do a small bit of strongarm to get my Weeke replaced too. Same s**t, different manf.
    The PC at the machine has powerfull shop floor parametric programming allowing the operators to write what they need in real time, often while the machine is in operation. I don't know how many drill spindles a Multicam has, my Weeke has 19 I think

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Because he's probably cutting 3-4 sheets at a time on a beam saw. That's what we do.
    Yes sir. Up to 5 at a time with a rear loader. NBM is not for everybody. It works out well for some things, but shelves and parts with mostly end drilling are a waste of time with NBM. True that most NBM machines can end drill, but not in a nest where other parts are in the way.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a Bucellato Jet 200 CNC machine. We have had a circuit board go out and have to pay, up front for the replacement even if it's not the one that is defective. Typically it isn't this panel and a less expensive one ($2,500) or so. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth
    it to have a computer tech see if he can find the problem and replace what's broken. The support that sold the machine is not there. They have the ability to diagnos from their office, but have never gone that way in 4.5 years. Anyone out there have an inexpensive fix for this?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Busellato has 14 or 15 spindles and when it works it works great. It hasn't worked since July. It takes up more space than the weeke. Now we could get one for less than half what we paid in '06. If we keep as busy as we have been the last 6 months, I'll be able to fix it or replace it with a boring machine of some sort.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think weeke makes both and one is nest based. Most nest based machines are point to points with a table and other routing options.
    Thanks for your input.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think Mick might be onto something with the Heian. I'd talk to my tech and get his input.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Busellato vs Weeke

Everything that has to do with Weeke and support is a joke, Don't do business with them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Everything is locked by codes and such, so noone but their own support technicians can access / repair / support the machine, and that is everything but cheap.
    if you'd want to use some other software for the machine, it would cost perhaps 10.000$ USD just to be able to use it.
    we bought our machine for 350.000€ - spent probably around 50.000€ in support for 4 years or so, and alot of functions isn't functioning at all.

Just to lift the supportphone cost ~ 500$ USD - along with high minute taxes.
    After that, they will most likely call a support on their own, for which you'll have to pay for aswell.

I could go on forever about this, but I guess you get the message..

Good luck

And they're really unpolite

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Weeke in my option makes one of the best routers, best service, I did my electro and pneumatic training at Stiles and I had a chance to see their system and it is spot on very expensive but if you want the best possible equipment (German stuff in my opinion),,I worked at biesse this year and they make great routers as well , Rover A,B ,C are still made in Italy..