Need Help! About to buy a cnc router. Has anyone herd of this one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About to buy a cnc router. Has anyone herd of this one?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default About to buy a cnc router. Has anyone herd of this one?

I am looking for a 4x8 cnc router and came across this one. The price is great, but does anyone with experience think this is worth buying? I am new to cnc, but I am dead set on purchasing a 4x8 machine. I have been looking at industrial pro series, and laguna swift series, but this is half the price. I am also speaking to someone about building me one but he said it would weight 500 lbs. So that concerns me. Since all the other machines I have looked at weigh closer to 2,000 lbs. Should I be concerned with that?
    The guy who said he would build me one told me he uses nema 34, y axis is rack and pinion, x and z ball screw. 6" gantry, welded steel tube and aluminum gantry, a 3kw water cooled spindle.all for about 8 grand. Does this sound good?

What about the DIHORSE? this one weights a lot more so I am thinking it is much more sturdy but appears to be Taiwan parts, not sure if that matters. here are some specifics.
    Traveling speed: 25m/min( 984.3in/min )
    Cutting speed: 15m/min( 590.6in/min )

Control system: DSP A11 hand controller
    Drive system: CW stepper motor and JMC driver
    Guide rail: Taiwan 20mm rail guide
    Spindle: 3.0KW water cooling spindle
    Machine frame: Heavy duty frame
    Table: Aluminum T-slots table
    Dust collecting system: Double bag 3kg dust collector
    Software: Type3 and Artcam
    Carving Instructions: G code
    Working voltage: AC220V/50-60HZ

I am looking for a heavy duty cnc machine but I would love to keep it under 10,000. Is this realistic? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: About to buy a cnc router. Has anyone herd of this one?

The first thing to keep in mind is that in best case you will get what you pay for.
    I would ask the manufacturer to send some closeup pictures of the machine construction. expecially about the surface finish at the rails.
    I don't think any chinese companies build Taiwanese rails and screws etc into their machines unless they are asked to do that, then they may do it for extra cost,
    but they often telling that even when they using Chinese parts. Nowadays you can't really distinguish between chinese and tiawaniese rails and screws, the only difference is often only the quality.
    Chinese often even place hiwin marks on the rails, because they have the equipment to do the marking, they just don't have authorization from Hiwin and quality control by Hiwin.

It's hard to give you an answer if it will worth to buy a machine or not. The heavy weight is a good sign, but it is not the only thing, because weight put in the wrong places make a machine even worse then if it was light weight. high weight is usually good, but only if the design is good.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am looking for a heavy duty cnc machine but I would love to keep it under 10,000. Is this realistic?
    "Heavy Duty" means different things to different people. I would say no, it's not realistic.

Can you post some links to what you are looking at?

You have to be careful with chinese machines, as you don't really know what you are getting. If the machine is really cheap, I'd expect the quality to be fair to poor.
    And if you are buying direct, you can expect customs fees in the $1000-$2000 range. There are several posts from users hot with these unexpected fees.

And keep in mind the included software is likely to be illegal pirated copies.

The guy who said he would build me one told me he uses nema 34, y axis is rack and pinion, x and z ball screw. 6" gantry, welded steel tube and aluminum gantry, a 3kw water cooled spindle.all for about 8 grand. Does this sound good?
    A list of a few components tells you nothing about what you'll end up with. Someone can build a really bad machine with good components, or a decent machine with average components. It all comes down to the skill of thebuilder, and whether he knows what he's doing.

One option that would be close to your budget is a CNC Router Parts Pro series kit.I wouldn't call it "heavy duty", but it's a quality machine with excellent support, for the price.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

http://www.dihorse.com/dh-1325-cnc-router This is the router I was talking about. It says it ships free in the USA.
    This is the website of the person Ive been talking to about building one. https://www.dbcncrouters.com/
    The DB routers builder seems very helpful and will not only deliver the machine but provide training upon arrival.

Downloads
    Uploads

The chinese machines can get you a lot for the money, but again, at that price, I wouldn't expect a high level of quality. I've helped several people in the last year that purchased large chinese machines that didn't work well at all, and needed a lot of work to get them up and running. Poor fit and finish is common, as are sub par electronics. You're paying 1/3 what an american company would charge, and in a lot of ways, you get what you pay for.

As for the DB machine. I wouldn't recommend any machine that uses round linear rails. And I'd want to see the machine running in person. You just don't know what you're getting.

If your set on buying a big machine for the lowest price, it's almost guaranteed that you are going to run into issues of some sort.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Ships free means for Chinese that they put the machine for free on the board of a vessel and then when the machine arrives you pay for the vessel shipping anyways. You also pay customs and you pay the port fee when they move your machine from the vessel and you also pay for the rest of the transport, crane fees and other things. I would separate 2000-2500 dollars to pay these if you select the "free shipping option".
    I'm in Europe so I can't tell you what are the exact fees in the USA, but when we import heavy and large stuff from China shipped on vessel then it is still cheaper if we ask a local company who do international shipping and make a contract with them for the whole shipping, that is still much cheaper than if Chinese "ship it for free".

Downloads
    Uploads

As for the DB machine. I wouldn't recommend any machine that uses round linear rails.
    Round rails are great for woodwork, because they wear out from dust slower than rectangle rails and usually high precision is not required to cut wooden boards and to do works like that. But for applications where you need precision rectangle rails are much better, because they hold the geometry better, but for them to be better you need a precisely manufactured machine frame geometry, otherwise they will strain and will wear out fast.

Downloads
    Uploads

Round rails are great for woodwork, because they wear out from dust slower than rectangle rails and usually high precision is not required to cut wooden boards and to do works like that. But for applications where you need precision rectangle rails are much better, because they hold the geometry better, but for them to be better you need a precisely manufactured machine frame geometry, otherwise they will strain and will wear out fast.
    Sorry, but I disagree completely. Round rails are not nearly as rigid as profile rails, and often result in a "loose" machine.
    And profile rails should last a lifetime for a hobby user. They don't wear out from wood dust.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you all for your reply. Could you elaborate on the round rails verses rectangular rails. For instance why would round rails be less precise? With all this being said, What do you guys recommend? industrial sells their pro series last year model for 14,999$. thats about the highest I could go. Any recommendations?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The DB CNC said he could use rectangular rail on mine if Id prefer for added cost. He uses the circular to keep cost down I guess. Is this something worth investigating? He also said I could come buy and take a look at his.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree completely. Round rails are not nearly as rigid as profile rails, and often result in a "loose" machine.
    And profile rails should last a lifetime for a hobby user. They don't wear out from wood dust.
    What about the industrial pro series?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails About to buy a cnc router. Has anyone herd of this one?-9d7806ac-b4ce-48b2-8647-7b9ec4e00657-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I have to partly disagree.
    Round rails are not as rigid as rectangular rails, this is the same what I wrote, but for them to work properly the machine frame has to be squared properly, otherwise they will jam and lock and wear fast.
    Profile rails do wear out from dust easier, because the carridge is more tightly packed with balls and is better sealed, so if dust once gets in it will destroy the balls for sure.
    With round rails the balls are not that tightly packed and so dust can come out as it went in.
    I destroyed a few square rails on my plasma machine. the plasma dust ate the balls and the rails. finally I put on some SBR round rails which are still working fine.
    For the lower rigidity is why I adviced the round rails for wooden work only and I can add plasma work too.

When you buying a complete machine I also advice to get it with rectangle rails possibly with way covers on them, so dust can't get in.
    Assuming that the manufacturer knows what they are doing and can make the frame perfectly square and straight then the rectangle rails will really last forever and will give you high rigidity.

Last edited by OlfCNC; 02-24-2018 at 10:41 PM. Reason: typo

Downloads
    Uploads

Plasma dust is very different than wood dust. I've worked with industrial routers for 20 years, where the rails were in a very dusty environment, with no issues at all. As long as they are greased regularly, quality bearings on a wood router should easily last 15-20 years in a hobby environment.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jshev View Post
    What about the industrial pro series?
    Don't really know anything about them.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone else have any feed back in regards to this thread that may help me purchase a cnc router?

Downloads
    Uploads

About shipment. From China to US, it will cost around 3k for one large machine. Including the vessel, customs and so on. No matter ship it free free or not. This is the cost for freight.
    Hope this will help you.

----Jinan UnionTech Machinery Co., Ltd.-----

Jinan UnionTech Machinery Co., Ltd.-CNC router,CNC laser machine,Wooden furniture production line,CNC plasma cutting machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Why not look for a used industrial class router. I paid $1200 for my 4x8, and one of my customers paid $12,500 for two 5x10 machines, one with a tool changer. They are all in the 5000 lb + range, heavy, stable, and accurate. Mine has 50mm round rails, my customers' machines have 30mm rectangular rails. Both work just fine.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

can you provide more information? That sounds great.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jshev View Post
    can you provide more information? That sounds great.
    It's just a matter of looking around for the right deal. In both cases above, the owners wanted them out because new replacement machines were coming in. The deal gets better as the delivery date gets closer for the new machines. In my case I knew the owner and the machine, in my customer's case, it was a Craigslist find. Mine is a Thermwood, both of his are MultiCam. In both cases they were within 100 miles, but for the right deal I will drive all the way across the country to buy machines. I picked up my CNC lathe in Oklahoma, a 3400 mile round trip.

I use Search Tempest to search Craigslist and Ebay in one shot. https://www.searchtempest.com/ Just type in CNC router and set the distance that you are willing to travel. I just did a quick search and there are a bunch of 4x8 routers West of the Rockies for $850 and up. Some may need some work, others may be turnkey.

Here's a picture of mine when I was unloading it. Really the best pic I have of it. That router has made me a lot of money.

About to buy a cnc router. Has anyone herd of this one?-img_0048-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails About to buy a cnc router. Has anyone herd of this one?-img_0048-jpg  
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you so much for the information this is great! I think that might be a good option for me. I have a budget of 1500 but Id rather spend less and get more lol. I will certainly research this option. Thanks again.
    If anyone out there near Florida or I move to New Jersey in about three months so around there have a machine for sale let me know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast