Pocket quality

Thread: Pocket quality

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pocket quality

Hi. I am the new CNC operator for Precision Railings, and I am not sure where to start looking for this.
    I am working with Maple hardwood on a Basic HDX router, and one problem I am running into is the quality of the bottom of pockets. You can see where the CNC changes directions in corners, and those marks suck to sand out.
    Is the pocket quality dependent on the speed/feed settings, or is it the path settings?

Any info or links would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Pocket quality

Quote Originally Posted by pugs911 View Post
    Hi. I am the new CNC operator for Precision Railings, and I am not sure where to start looking for this.
    I am working with Maple hardwood on a Basic HDX router, and one problem I am running into is the quality of the bottom of pockets. You can see where the CNC changes directions in corners, and those marks suck to sand out.
    Is the pocket quality dependent on the speed/feed settings, or is it the path settings?

Any info or links would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Increasing stepover may help. Otherwise can be a machine issue where the Z axis is flexing or has some play in it otherwise

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Pocket quality

A sample picture says a thousand words....most of the time it`s either the tool bit you used, on my case I can cut pockets all day from soft to hard wood to metal (steel, brass aluminum, etc.) with just a single same tool bit, im the one sharpening my tool bits, custom angles depending on the material I cut.

Your machine looks nice, and expensive too

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pocket quality-capture001-jpg