New to CNC, Hoping to get help recovering from a CRASH (Right Forum Area?)

Thread: New to CNC, Hoping to get help recovering from a CRASH (Right Forum Area?)

Default New to CNC, Hoping to get help recovering from a CRASH (Right Forum Area?)

Hello. Not sure if this is the best area for this thread. If not, please guide me to a more appropriate one. Thank you! So, I've got a small CNC (4x4) that I've been using VCarve and Mach 3 with for the past few months. I started using Fusion 360 a few weeks ago and thought I had a pretty good handle on it. Wrong! With VCarve I would start my part at my part zero and, after milling, my machine would return to my part zero. I'm still learning about G code and I don't really know how to read what the G Code is telling the machine, so I mistakenly just went along with the assumption that the machine would end at my part zero, from the post generated from Fusion 360. What happened was that, after my part was milled, the machine started heading towards the machine home point and actually over traveled into the end of the machine, in the Y direction. CRASH! Now I have problems. When I send the gantry to the opposite end of the machine it racks and it seems to HOME incorrectly. I'm hoping I can get some input on how I can get things squared up and running properly again. A further question I have is, how can I read the post to see where the machine will end up at the end of a run? And can I edit this? As with most folks, I appreciate you time and any help will be great. Thanks!